Do you think sm ent opened the portal for debuted the minors..in kpop

• Tbh debuting minor in kpop isn't a big issue like nobody had a problem with minor themselves debuting

look at Taemin, Krystal, boa, seohyun they all debuted when they were still minor and it was never a problem

the problem is how kpop companies tend to use their minors idol and things around them, it was never the minors themselves the problems

when you see that JYP is making Natty (13yo) and Somi (14yo) sing to a very suggestive song like "Who's your mama" with half of thee choregraphy is them turning their back to the public and shaaking their body or twerking in mini short

how he was accused many times of sexualizing Tzuyu and Yuna when they were young

or even how he said to a 15yo girl " you're so pretty that i couldn't focus"

or how recently minor kpop become a big issues because of Lesserafim debut teaser who was male gaze while having minor like eunchae in the group

or how Newjeans age became only problematic the moment people put lights on Min heejin weird kinks for old man/young girl relations in movies and art

if you notice most of the time the minor are never the problem it's what their companies make them do or the things surrounded the one who's managing them who's problematic and make kpop fans question themselves if having minor idols around people like this is a goodd idea

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• Lol what a random argument. They debuted as adults and were all successful. There is no need to debut people below 17 for success. Kpop is just being creepy. Anyway you can’t call it rare when some of the biggest groups all debuted as adults.

I never said u need to be underage in order to have a successful debut.

• you mean Ningning, Giselle was an adult before she was even a SM trainee lol

I doubt SM waited for NN to become an adult lol, their debut was just delayed, the reason why all aespa members were close to adult age is because of their concept, did people forget SM debuted prior to aespa NCT Dream with all minors and NCT 127 had 2 minors?

• you mean Ningning, Giselle was an adult before she was even a SM trainee lol

I doubt SM waited for NN to become an adult lol, their debut was just delayed, the reason why all aespa members were close to adult age is because of their concept, did people forget SM debuted prior to aespa NCT Dream with all minors and NCT 127 had 2 minors?

no i was mentionning giselle, because this user was talking about the fact that the only reason why all aespa members debuted as adult was because the debut kept ebing delayed

that's why i mention Giselle and explain to them that if they wanted they could have easily pick a minor in their bunch of rookies

in contrary of deciding to finalize the lineup with an already adult members hwo had less experience and training than their in-house rookies

• even if they opened the portal in the past, they closed it for themselves long ago.

I think f(x) was the last group with minors.

No NCT dreams was full of minor

and Yeri debuted when she was a minor

Mark also debuted in NCT U and NCT 127 while being a minor with Haechan

but i guess the only reason why nobody question their debut is because they always did age appropriate things until they become older

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!