[early prototype] Pros & Cons to BLACKPINK label change

• Should it come to pass(it will lmaoo)

TEDDY WILL HAVE COMPLETE & COMPREHENSIVE DOMINION OVER BLACKPINK AS WE KNOW IT.

TEDDY is BP 5th member/leader/CEO

Teddy is BP main Producer/Creative director

He will literally be unstoppable 🚶

Lmaoo I'm going to be brutally honest here but perhaps...we lost 🚶

Teddy is the reason we get 8 songs or atleast he's fully in support (seeing how he gave somi 4 songs EP = 8 songs LP 😭)

Teddy is the reason BP don't do jpn original songs cause be doesn't like it thereby handicapping them from an entire market (2nd biggest at that)

Teddy works at a notoriously slow pace 🚶

Teddy is a stubborn perfectionist 😭

Blinks are about to take their biggest L when it comes to music output & career planning

The pros...

Teddy will not charge $50 for an album...

Teddy will let the pinks write/produce their music

Teddy will give them the freedom they never had under YGE contract

THIS IS LIKELY 100% THE PINKS CHOICE SO PERHAPS TRUSTING THEM WILL BE TGE WAY

• Go to Best Answer
  • the main advantage is gonna be blackpink having more creative freedom and more writing credits

no you are giving him too much credit lol or not if music wasn't released was because of YG rejecting music not teddy now that is gonna be better for blackpink they are gonna have to deal less with YG

• Seriously though, didn't Teddy just hand over the more business duties to somebody else so that he can try to focus more on producing, etc?

Maybe YG struck a deal with him that they'd allow BP to go over to TBL if he attempted to write more than 4 songs a year for them. :pepe-hehe:

• the main advantage is gonna be blackpink having more creative freedom and more writing credits

no you are giving him too much credit lol or not if music wasn't released was because of YG rejecting music not teddy now that is gonna be better for blackpink they are gonna have to deal less with YG

W

L he gave somi 8 songs in 2 years...that's his doing the 8 songs is something he is fully in support of

The pinks trust teddy but PERHAPS JUST PERHAPS THEY WILL AUTHORITY OVER THEIR MUSICAL CREATION/OUTPUT (it's BLACKPINK,they can & since teddy is like their bro👉he will support them)

• Seriously though, didn't Teddy just hand over the more business duties to somebody else so that he can try to focus more on producing, etc?

Maybe YG struck a deal with him that they'd allow BP to go over to TBL if he attempted to write more than 4 songs a year for them. :pepe-hehe:

Yeah he did but it's more like a YG/YG bro situation too

The CEO will take care of business while teddy will return to his executive producer role

He will oversee musical aspect only so yeah he might have more free time lol

Somehow I feel like this is 100% the pinks choice

• Teddy is the reason BP don't do jpn original songs cause be doesn't like it thereby handicapping them from an entire market (2nd biggest at that)

Teddy works at a notoriously slow pace 🚶

They've said a good 50 times that they have the material, it just doesn't come out

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• Yeah, that's what I figured the situation was. That's still Teddy's company so he's gonna have final say over everything. He just doesn't want to do the boring stuff. Lulz.

• idk, i feel like he produces enough stuff to have 2 CBs a year and they apparently have a huge song vault, but when BP are so profitable at 8 songs over 2 years, is there any reason to change, from a business perspective?

• Yeah, that's what I figured the situation was. That's still Teddy's company so he's gonna have final say over everything. He just doesn't want to do the boring stuff. Lulz.

This is the crazy news somi was hinting at 💀

Teddy will also likely be developing/producing his new GG

So I don't think he will suddenly produce a whole ass BP album

Again this is the pinks choice,we will finally figure out how they felt about their career so far based on what changes occur post Aug 2023 😌

This is the crazy news somi was hinting at 💀

Teddy will also likely be developing/producing his new GG

So I don't think he will suddenly produce a whole ass BP album

Again this is the pinks choice,we will finally figure out how they felt about their career so far based on what changes occur post Aug 2023 😌

• They have hinted not outright confirmed

However the silver lining of this whole move is this is 100% THE PINKS CHOICE so whatever happens I'll be at peace knowing this is what the pinks wanted, if it works for me it works,if it doesn't it doesn't 😌

Exactly. If this happens, this is all the Pinks throwing their weight around like they should.

BLACKPINK sending in their business proposal to the YG bros.

Bull In A China Shop GIFs | Tenor

• Somi can finally join the group.

• idk, i feel like he produces enough stuff to have 2 CBs a year and they apparently have a huge song vault, but when BP are so profitable at 8 songs over 2 years, is there any reason to change, from a business perspective?

The change or lack of it will solely be on BP hands now

They chose to move to TBL rather than quit YGE completely so they clearly have the say in the nature of their new contracts with TBL

Regarding musical output, it'll be a wait & see likely till early 2024

• Somi can finally join the group.

:pepe-hips:

I do think we'll eventually get a SoPink collab though.

• The way I see it,they gave Yang hyun suk an ultimatum

U still want that sweet $$$ well to continue running, We move to TBL or lose out on BP $$$ permanently 😂

As I said on the thread below, I have a feeling that something big is going down at YG, lots of their artists are jumping ship.

GD is the only big name that has not jumped ship.

Wait until groups like treasure start leaving.

• Pretty much every YG artist has shaded YG the man or YG the company. Same breathe, pretty much every YG artist loves Teddy. Even 2ne1 still work with him.

I'll trust him a little bit for now

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• I know I'm Blink enemy #1 and I'll admit to being an overall jerk but if they don't go to Blacklabel I hope they do all go together somewhere because as much as I'm not a fan of their new music, I know they make an awesome team, and can make great music. Also, I don't want to see anyone lose what they love the most because we all love our faves and it always hurts.

• Pretty much every YG artist has shaded YG the man or YG the company. Same breathe, pretty much every YG artist loves Teddy. Even 2ne1 still work with him.

I'll trust him a little bit for now

It's true, every YG artist holds teddy in high esteem also cl never shaded him 👀

I'll trust the pinks actually, not really satisfied with his work with somi lol

Also TBL has not released a single thing this year probably restructuring & preparing for BP arrival

• Yep i agree completely about the Pinks choosing this.

It's funny, so many Blinks hating on Teddy, yet the Pinks themselves chose to get even closer to the man when they had a perfect opportunity to leave him in the dust lol.

I do agree about the writing credits stuff, Somi is credited in almost every song she has put out. TBL is a producer label, they dont operate like a Kpop label obviously, all the acts there write their own stuff (Zion, 24, Vince, Somi, Taeyang, and now hopefully BP).

• I already have the thread title in mind “Is it safe to say that YGE is a sinking ship and everyone is abandoning it except for GD who stayed and try to do his job like the doomed musicians in titanic?

(Fell free to use it, I’m lazy)

• Yep i agree completely about the Pinks choosing this.

It's funny, so many Blinks hating on Teddy, yet the Pinks themselves chose to get even closer to the man when they had a perfect opportunity to leave him in the dust lol.

I do agree about the writing credits stuff, Somi is credited in almost every song she has put out. TBL is a producer label, they dont operate like a Kpop label obviously, all the acts there write their own stuff (Zion, 24, Vince, Somi, Taeyang, and now hopefully BP).

That's the only good thing about this, BP chose to stay with teddy & cutting as much ties with YG as possible

This is 100% their choice so I expect the activities music & otherwise to reflect that 😌

• Best Answer

Yep i agree completely about the Pinks choosing this.

It's a love/hate relationship with Teddy. A lot of Blinks understand what he means to the girls and their careers. But Blinks are also frustrated with his lack of enthusiasm about letting them explore so many of the opportunities that are available to them. Is there any reason as to why, if he can only muster so few songs a year, that he won't let them work with more producers. Or let those work see the light of day? Those that are outside of his inner circle? Maybe it's YG. Maybe it really is Teddy. Or both. But at least with whatever happens with the girls going forward, it was with them pushing for the new deal. If it's more of the same going forward, then at least some of us can deal with that.

• just gonna leave this here

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Or when they fought for d4 to be the title track instead of forever young. Even when teddy suggested changing d4 chorus dance to gun shots on set. Blink likes to shit on teddy but let’s be fr he’s hell made some of bp best and most monumental songs. And he’s stuck by the girls too and supported them

+1000. Without Teddy, BP literally wouldnt exist lbh here.

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!