(WINNER SPOILER!) Eurovision 2023 (OFFICIAL THREAD)

• Don't know if there's any eurovision fans over here but :Liz34: Ukraine has chosen their entry and it kinda slaps

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

List of entries:
    Ukraine: TVORCHi - Heart of Steel

• Not sure if my country is even having people who want to participate, but I bet I know whats the outcome anyways, people want Electric Callboy but the TV-station will say "nah" and sends the most generic boring song ever at the end

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Do we have an eurovision taglist?

Fucking so early for first song/artist. Song's okay I'll see how it grows

It's always december but I'm as shocked as you that it's THIS early, normally Albania chooses around christmas

Also i have NO idea how to make a taglist but if someone would make a eurovision one, I'd be so down. Maybe I should just make a eurovision thread?

• I wanted Jerry Heil to win in Ukraine today but oh well...

RE Eurovision 2023, I'm already stanning Slovenia even though their song isn't even released yet and they only revealed the artist (Like pls have a good Eurovision song, I'm not ready to be disappointed)

• xiaotingskeep1r

Changed the title of the thread from “First eurovision 2023 song” to “Eurovision 2023 (OFFICIAL THREAD)”.
  • We had a thread for 2023 edition but it got lost somewhere idk

I kinda hate the new rules that make people who don't live in Europe eligible to vote. Like it's called Eurovision for reason....

Juries will also have less say in the semi-finals which I'm not that mad about but they need to start working on removing them altogether.

Love the Exy aesthetic :pleading::pleading::pleading::pleading:

• We had a thread for 2023 edition but it got lost somewhere idk

I kinda hate the new rules that make people who don't live in Europe eligible to vote. Like it's called Eurovision for reason....

Juries will also have less say in the semi-finals which I'm not that mad about but they need to start working on removing them altogether.

Ah my bad! I will try to update everything in here and see if I can possibly make a tag list at some point since Albania is starting soon

And yeah, I don't love ROTW either tbh. It's like you said, EUROvision... but I guess we did allow Australia

• Eurovision season kicking off and Slovenia released the song like a minute ago so I need to promote my boys

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Germany is still searching for their possible candidate for 2023, one of them is a literall joke and the dude said himself it would be the best to not be sended but well since the voting happend on TikTok the 9 possible candidates are a wild mix. A few of them are also interesting since there are 2 punk/metal style bands. I think the majority of commenters on Youtube want either a female pop vocalist who plays a medival looking instrument or a punk band from the possible candidates.

• Last year was super fun with people here, I wonder if any of them are still active :emotionalpepe:

It really was,I had so much fun memeing with everyone :yesr:

The only reason why I came to this thread now is because Croatia just chose our entry and uh...well I guess it's our turn to make fun of Eurovision now

• Romania's entry

Malta's entry

Estonia

Denmark

Lativia

• Well... I was watching the Danish national final and expected this song to win.

Heck, I found this performance to be "winner material", when I first saw it.

I wonder how on earth it didn't end up on Top 3.

And I seriously thought Reiley wasn't going to win, but I was wrong.

At least, I preferred it over the other songs in the top 3.

• It really was,I had so much fun memeing with everyone :yesr:

The only reason why I came to this thread now is because Croatia just chose our entry and uh...well I guess it's our turn to make fun of Eurovision now

LMAO expect lots of points from us :angryr:

• I need to post Slovenia's live performance too because everyone likes it better than the official video, Joker Out are so talented with such stage presence and so stannable yet nowhere to be seen in the betting odds, please promote them somewhere, I can't let them flop (in Eurovision or in general) and won't shut up about them for the entire Eurovision season

• Finland is going with mixpop lol

c4tj5c1.png

Edited 2 times, last by kirishiki ().

• Almost every time I listen to some other's country's Eurovision song, I have a feeling that they have better chance of winning than Denmark.

Unless you go trought all the entries we (Germany) sended in the past who are horrible and gained us being far in the back or even lose ooof

I hope the one they select in March will be good but what we can choose from is allready better than in the past years. The top candidates as of now are a woman who plays a medival instrument and a punk band. The rest is between "eh?" and "ok, but not too exiting" plus there is a guy where people allready wrote BS in the comments of the video that showed the possible candidates just cause hes Asian and dancing in his MV ... man what the fuck

I hope that Germany is not sending that guy called Ikke Hüftgold, because as far I figured out people could be nominated trought TikTok (Lol) and people randomly thought Ikke would be good, but he did a typical "I'm only liking it when I'm drunk" type of song in which he only sings stuff in German like "we finally need a song without drugs, we finally need song without swearing, we finally need a song with good lyrics" eh thats not even good and Ikke himself said "Pls do not vote for me" lol. The other nominated people to choose from are quit ok.

I can't wait to finally share the artist we will send cause damn. My personal faves from the songs you can choose from for Germany are either this guy called Trong, I think he was Vietnamese if I'm not wrong and he was dancing in his MV but he got some bad comments from some people cause "why does this guy look like if he was copying KPop?" or this woman called Patty Gurdy who was playing an medival instrument in her MV and she got praised for looking creative cause of her instrument

• If anyone is interested, here is a video of an Australian guy reacting to the entries for ESC 2023 from Germany

• Well... I know that Germany often ends up with low scores.

• Trọng Hiếu is a Vietnamese V-pop soloist.

• Trọng Hiếu is a Vietnamese V-pop soloist.

I looked at his YT channel and apparently he tried to audition on a Vietnamese casting show many years ago, later on tried to participate for Austria in the Eurovision Song Contest and this year he tries again to become the one for Germany on the ESC

• German NF isn't great but at least Germany won't get the ultrareligious jury of a right-wing broadcaster changing rules last minute to rig the NF to give their good acquaintance the certain win, steal the public's voting money and deprive the country from the best entry they would've ever sent like in Poland this weekend

• German NF isn't great but at least Germany won't get the ultrareligious jury of a right-wing broadcaster changing rules last minute to rig the NF to give their good acquaintance the certain win, steal the public's voting money and deprive the country from the best entry they would've ever sent like in Poland this weekend

I have heard that people preferred this song.

• Germany finaly found their participant for the ESC 2023

External Content twitter.com

IDK anything about this band, just from a comment on YT that someone droped that this band exists since 2009 and had once also worked as suport band for Iron Maiden before

• It's kind of funny how Reiley's "Breaking My Heart" is going to be sung after this one.

• Armenia got interesting song. It got highest number of views last month in Eurovision channel.

• This thread contains 1,045 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!