When (if ever) will NewJeans lose the weird stigma with many Western fans?

• I still feel like anytime you post/say anything remotely positive about NJ, you can be met with a bunch of people calling you weird. Or side-eyeing you. Or asking you how you can like that group.

Do you guys think they'll ever lose the Cookie/Min Heejin stigma? With so many Western kpop fans actively avoiding them, it could be a tough situation in the future.

• i haven't seen people saying stuff like recently and if they are they're very hypocritical. shouldn't be supporting anyone in the kpop industry if you care about creepy ceos and inappropriate concepts. its better to advocate for things to change, and im sure ador has learned to be more careful after cookie controversey.

who's your favorite artist?

• I haven't really seen that but I will say that Cookie was a weird choice of a song and lyrics. It's a great song until you know the translation of the lyrics. Especially since they're so underaged. The youngest member is 14 for Christ's sake!!

And that's not the only minor sexualization accusation HYBE has gotten regarding New Jeans lately...

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• NJ will move past this once they are older or stop singing about “ cookies”. I think it would have blown over faster and easier if MHJ had not tried to gaslight international fans. As an international fan that gaslighting letter putting all the blame on the fans turned me off so much that I will never stan NJ or any of her groups.

• NJ will move past this once they are older or stop singing about “ cookies”. I think it would have blown over faster and easier if MHJ had not tried to gaslight international fans. As an international fan that gaslighting letter putting all the blame on the fans turned me off so much that I will never stan NJ or any of her groups.

Yeah, that was crazy of her to do. New Jeans is very fortunate that nobody in Korea seemed to care about that gaslight attempt. I don't need a 10 page gaslighting diatribe telling me i'm a pervert for taking these lyrics the way anyone with a functioning cerebral cortex would take them...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yo, Min Hee Jin, when Danielle tells me to "look at her cookie", what in God's name am i supposed to be looking at?

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!