How many idols were sent to the front lines when they enlisted?

• So a semi legite source printed a story about Jin's enlistment. Seems like he will start on Dec 13. There is speculation that he will be sent to the frontlines, which I assume is the DMZ. It seems like a punantive and petty move (if true) by SK but just to be sure... Just how many idols were sent to the frontlines when they enlisted?

K-pop star BTS member Jin to begin military service on Dec. 13 - report
    Jin, the oldest member of the K-pop band BTS, will begin his mandatory military service on Dec. 13, South Korean newspaper Aju Business Daily reported on…
    finance.yahoo.com

• 134340Moonchild

Changed the title of the thread from “How many idola were swnt to thw front lines when they enlisted?” to “How many idols were sent to the front lines when they enlisted?”.
  • Knowing how corrupt the current Korean govt is...

I agree. If it turns out to be true it is because the government is petty AF. BTS probably turned down the offer of performing for the gov to rake in the money. I just hope it isn't true because my opinion of SK continues to get more negative the more I read about how they treat BTS.

• there is no war

thus there are no frontlines

South Korea ain't Ukraine

also if there would be a war and Kim Jong Un would unleash nuclear weapons there wouldn't be a difference in which place one or another idol serve :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It also could be something Jin requested

I doubt it because it would be a dumb thing to request. Especially with the current state of the world. NK getting antsy and lauching missiles and making tthreats. The Ukraine and Russia war that has dragging for too long and Putin getting aggravated about it. China making moves and threats about Taiwon and having internal unrest with some chinese people actually starting to go against the CCP and the economic turmoil the CCP caused. NK's closest allies are Russia and China, if they want to start something NK will be right there to take their chance. This is the most unstable time to be at the DMZ.

• I hope you read up more about international news before assuming that everything is fine and the future is bright.

• I hope you read up more about international news before assuming that everything is fine and the future is bright.

I know NK - SK situation pretty well

including recent sanctions, and response from Kim Jong Un's sister

both countries have same problem, they are small by land mass, therefore any big nuke, especially nuclear one can also affect badly the other

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It doesn't matter where he goes at least within reason.

What's most important if you're concerned for his wellbeing is that he's assigned to a unit with decent human beings. A unit that goes against the bullying/harassment/hazing culture in the military that has been widely reported. A unit that has a good leader and good soldiers to serve with. If you're treated fairly and with respect by your fellow soldiers, someone like JIn, who undoubtedly has worked himself to exhaustion for months at a time like most idols, will easily handle whatever the military throws at him physically.

• It's absolutely garbage................

You have tens of thousands of South Koreans that would serve on the DMZ over a noob trainee in the Army ever needing to be there

So it's basically HYBE using mediaplay to milk how big BTS members are because wouldn't it be just as bad for other Koreans that were in Jin's unit too but HYBE don't give a sh*t about them

• So a semi legite source printed a story about Jin's enlistment. Seems like he will start on Dec 13. There is speculation that he will be sent to the frontlines, which I assume is the DMZ. It seems like a punantive and petty move (if true) by SK but just to be sure... Just how many idols were sent to the frontlines when they enlisted?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news…bts-member-040621719.html

Given that even Psy wasn't sent to the frontlines for his second enlistment, if Jin ends up there, it's because he volunteered.

• It's absolutely garbage................

You have tens of thousands of South Koreans that would serve on the DMZ over a noob trainee in the Army ever needing to be there

So it's basically HYBE using mediaplay to milk how big BTS members are because wouldn't it be just as bad for other Koreans that were in Jin's unit too but HYBE don't give a sh*t about them

Kpop fans with their Hybe is the source of evil narrative.

The rumors not even come from Hybe, it's from the korean journalist. They really shut their mouth close about the enlistment news and Jin himself said that the news is not supposed to be published publicly, not at least until he himself announced it.

And Hybe didn't need to do any mediaplay for Bts, everyone know they're the biggest celebrity in Korea. What more to mediaplay? Their Busan concert alone enough to show their popularity and impacts than this stupid supposed mediaplay that I believe no big company is stupid enough to do this.

• You guys know that all of BTS, most celebrities, and a good portion of Korean citizens literally live like 50 miles from the DMZ right? They're all technically in the front lines. If they send him to a training site or base near Seoul then yeah it's gonna be the front lines.

• You guys know that all of BTS, most celebrities, and a good portion of Korean citizens literally live like 50 miles from the DMZ right? They're all technically in the front lines. If they send him to a training site or base near Seoul then yeah it's gonna be the front lines.

This is why such topics shouldn’t be discussed in a kpop forum cos you get dumb comparisons and comments like this lol.

• This is why such topics shouldn’t be discussed in a kpop forum cos you get comments like this lol.

This thread is literally whining because your fave isn't getting special treatment. I'd be careful with the judgey comments.

For enlisting soldiers who do not have MOS, their assignment is typically based on residency. If an enlisted soldier is a registered resident of metropolitan (Seoul, Gyeonggi) or Gangwon provinces, they are generally assigned to front line divisions.

Front line divisions house over 70% of ROKA’s forces. It is more common for enlisters to go through the front line division-operated training centers than through Nonsan.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!