RE: anon "why is sm delaying Aespa's comeback?"

• I'm gonna try to give the best reasons

1. SM is going through a lot of change LSM step back as a producer, i also saw recently that they had some change in the direction so it must take times to go back on track completely

2. Aespa have been focusing on a lot of thing during this hiatus even if it was not in Music, they attended fashion week with all the schedules to prepare this event, they were appointed ambassador of Yves st Laurent beauty, Lotte duty free, they continue to work with kb bank and become ambassador for a new brand of clothes, ambassador for chopard etc...

It's not in music but it's a lot of work behind the scene to do and a lot of work for the girls

3. During this break they were also filming their reality show

4. They already worked on the bsides , they just need to pick the title track now which i guess SM is trying to be careful with their pick

5. Rumor also say that they went to australia recently to film something

I don't think it's really about delaying the comeback, it's more because Aespa have a lot of things going on behind the scene so it seems hard to be able to drop a comeback now and promote it considering how busy they seems to be with all their brand deals and other things going on in their life

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• I do think they are being careful in picking a tt which while can take a time, it also gives them the chance to work in some others projects. Fashion will also be their priority i guess and endorsement is obviously a part of kpop so yes.

I didn't know about the SME inside issue, but this is also possibly related.

• It’s strange to me to see people complaining when they just announced a reality show, but I agree with you that it’s wild to me that people think a 4 month gap in releases is the end times.

My faves come back once a year (and get a repack), sometimes at the very end of the year (I’m not counting my other faves in their enlistment era where it’s even more random.)

And I’ll keep saying it: every time aespa is not releasing something, everyone moans how they’re not going to be relevant than they come back and smash some record, so what they’re doing is working. 🤷🏽‍♀️

I do think that SM‘s habit of cramming everything into the 4th quarter to look good on the sales results definitely bit them in the ass this time because setting up your release schedule like Jenga can become a problem if there are unforeseen delays (an idol getting sick, a scandal, awful rl things like disasters or pandemics.) In this case, they halted schedules to honor the Itaewon victims (as they should) but it catapulted their Jenga-ified schedule into messiness.

(Edited to clean up fat finger typos on my phone)

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• SM delays everything because they're horrible at scheduling.

Does it suck that aespa only got one comeback this year? Sure does. But it's not an indicator of anything imo. They technically had four comebacks last year with Forever, Next Level, Savage, and Dreams Come True so it's not really a trend for them yet.

• Right? This isn't about Aespa, but i think some idols do ask for some time between the cbs to rest a little bc cb time is always full of schedules, nights without sleep etc so focusing a little in their solo activities also can give them some time to rest bc actually idols don't rest rest, when they don't release music, they are probably doing others things and kpop fans pressuring everyone to cb 3, 4 times in a year to "look relevant" doesn't make sense specially considering how hard the industry is and how this can affect them mentally and physically.

Btw what you said about sme is so true, anything could happen and betting almost all acts to release things and just packing a whole 2 months can cause difficulty if something happens like it happened this year.

• it has to do with their management systems. I always said that nepotism shouldn't be allowed in the workplace especially in upper managements and my words are proven to be true once again.

taking extra time for a comeback is fine however this is a recurring problems because during GIRLS era they supposed to came out earlier than July. Not to mention how mess that comeback was 2 weeks (4 music show appearances) in Korea and 3 weeks in US .

At least during non comeback period they give us some fan contents but nope. The members are only relying with bubble to provide something for fans and are forbidden to do live. If SM is smart they should already planned something to built anticipation for the comeback during the hiatus. I may sound ungrateful but compare to other group in 4th gen they have very few and far inbetween contents. This upcoming reality show also only broadcasted in wavve app (restricted content only in kr you need kr number for that). Ridiculous that fans need extra mile to see aespa first reality show.

Do you know what are the girls saying during their 2nd anniversary?

FhuqE6yVEAA55s-?format=jpg&name=medium

FhuqFiYVUAASyfo?format=jpg&name=medium

They knew

for a group that only just a beginning (2 years old) it a shame what sm did

• Woooow, that was surprising... I didn't know the girls felt like this, this remind me so much with how BP communicates with us :(

I hope SME people realize Aespa needs to promote and actually give fans contents bc 4 MU appearance is insane when they are still a new group and their fandom is actually growing and growing fast. I hope they don't waste the girls talent and time.

• i think sm definitely should have pushed an aespa cb after girls underperformed. lesserafim and ive are just becoming bigger and bigger competitors for them. not to mention other top 4th gen gg contenders like gidle and newjeans. aespa needs to regain what they had with next level and savage quick.

Not really

there is no urgency for Aespa

SM groups play the long game and stay popular 10+years

They can take their time and comeback when they feel confident.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't think it's the hiatus per se but rather the lack of content

I mean it's fine if there's a big stretch of time between comebacks as long as there's constant content which there isn't much from Aespa

tbh this. the BP comparison make no sense cause even when they take long hiatuses they're still very active in other gigs like modelling, magazine shoots, on instagram, etc. Aespa get none of that and most updates from them now are from Bubble or a CF here or there. Yeah they have a reality show but only Korean fans can watch it so now what.

It's very boring and tbh I'm not sure how SM managed to drop the ball with them so early, I'd argue if you compare their respective timelines they're actually having it worse than BP management-wise

• tbh this. the BP comparison make no sense cause even when they take long hiatuses they're still very active in other gigs like modelling, magazine shoots, on instagram, etc. Aespa get none of that and most updates from them now are from Bubble or a CF here or there. Yeah they have a reality show but only Korean fans can watch it so now what.

It's very boring and tbh I'm not sure how SM managed to drop the ball with them so early, I'd argue if you compare their respective timelines they're actually having it worse than BP management-wise

I mean I post in the Aespa guild for any content that I can find (albeit from their subreddit) but they always seem to have the least content even mundane stuff like selfies and pictures

• Woooow, that was surprising... I didn't know the girls felt like this, this remind me so much with how BP communicates with us :(

I hope SME people realize Aespa needs to promote and actually give fans contents bc 4 MU appearance is insane when they are still a new group and their fandom is actually growing and growing fast. I hope they don't waste the girls talent and time.

because SM knew aespa still selling like hotcakes even with very little content

aespa being one of the highest pre-ordered seasons greetings and just today SM release another merch when they already release 897890 aespa merch this year

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

to wake SM up, mys should stop buying aespa merch but mys don't want to see aespa flopping so they will still keep supporting whatever merch SM releases for aespa.

dammed if you do damned if you don't really

This is shitty situation:prisonerpepe:

• If their cb in July was earlier and the next cb the end of the year like it was intended, that would’ve been perfect. There might be problems occuring or smth is taking them longer than they thought. The planning isn’t great. Still I think it’s understandable. But barely having any content outside of music isn’t.

• Plot twist they drop a full AAA quality game with fully featured storyline, unique action mechanics, action packed gameplay regarding kwangya and the fight embroiled inside it.

Cyberpunk 2077, step aside! this is what a REAL cyberpunk game looks like.

• I think sm want to pull bp here. Not hituas wise but hype wise there will be a lot of anticipation among kpop circle for their comeback

I thought you were also going to talk about the lack of fan content when I read that first part.

I feel like what keeps fans interested is having content in between having comebacks.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Plot twist they drop a full AAA quality game with fully featured storyline, unique action mechanics, action packed gameplay regarding kwangya and the fight embroiled inside it.

Cyberpunk 2077, step aside! this is what a REAL cyberpunk game looks like.

Very big plot twist. I still want the rumors of having a game featuring ae to come to fruition :cryingk:

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!