i never considered myself a girl group stan but...

• this year is making me question everything

especially with newer debuts girl groups. like its actually getting angering how these new girl group keep releasing bop after bop and most of the groups have been missing for me. like they're not bad.... but come on you're gonna have to try harder than that to get me off of antifragile, talk that talk, and STILL shut down (class:y's not bp lol). like its all too iconic to even compare. :nct3:

y'all can't even deny when i tell you this year was made for girl groups to eat up. they left no crumbs :nct31:

• LIKE EVEN THE BSIDES ARE PHENOMENAL HOW???

• shut down (class:y's not bp lol)

Reminder for y'all to stream, absolute banger

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Reminder for y'all to stream, absolute banger

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

FOR REAL

like its illegal for them to be doing this good with their music. not a single skip in their entire discography, like im not even exaggerating. they're seriously doing the best.

• I know to many people this was the year for girl groups but personally I actually stanned way more bgs. Exo, Cravity, Mirae, all bgs I stanned. I think I listened to way more girl group songs though.

Interested to see how next year'll play out, will the reign of the gg continue????? Or will the bgs catch up???/? :woow::woow::woow::woow:

i just want good music, ggs delivered this year. we'll see!

i get that, maybe it was a moment of personal growth? i do think some groups did good too, but tbh a lot of the ones i came across felt copy and paste.

• i just want good music, ggs delivered this year. we'll see!

i get that, maybe it was a moment of personal growth? i do think some groups did good too, but tbh a lot of the ones i came across felt copy and paste.

Don't we all? And they really did! Again, I've had more a mixed year but different experiences for different people

Yeah a lot of the new bgs nominated for mama are just not it. There are a few songs (which I'll link in a spoiler since they should be streamed) that are great from the rookies bgs this year but other than that there isn't much. It's just a lack of big company bg debuts if anything.

And very much personal growth! I realised that I had (and still have) a lot to discover in K-pop so I took the time this year to listen to more groups, especially 2nd gen. I really enjoy 2nd gen I've realised, though I still have digging to do!

• We are all gg stans it’s only a matter of time of honing your taste and finding your path to it 😌 you shouldn’t fight what’s natural as god intended :pepe-pray:

• it doesn't really matter if one considers oneself a gg stan or bg stan or both or neither...

just enjoy the music, enjoy the groups but the most important thing is regardless who one likes or dislikes just be sensible about it and not shit on other groups or whatever...

• As a GG stan, i agree that the B sides this year among both groups and soloists have been elite. And this year has given us PLENTY of GG title bops like Wadada, Love in Space, Classy, Pink Venom, Afterlike, etc.

But the biggest surprise has been YGE BG and solo songs:

Still Life by BB

Panorama by the Akmu dude

Hello and Jikjin by Treasure

But You by Ikon

Very very impressed by all these primarily retro songs. YGE killing it with retro frankly, BP has got a few amazing retro songs as well.

• I haven't actually listened to much of their b sides, I only know Tick tick boom and shutdown, any recommendations?

same same different, and divin' into you !

• We are all gg stans it’s only a matter of time of honing your taste and finding your path to it 😌 you shouldn’t fight what’s natural as god intended :pepe-pray:

:ak_achaesmile:

• it doesn't really matter if one considers oneself a gg stan or bg stan or both or neither...

just enjoy the music, enjoy the groups but the most important thing is regardless who one likes or dislikes just be sensible about it and not shit on other groups or whatever...

i feel like you missed the point of the thread :ak_irenesip:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!