Are there any other girl groups who are as passionate about music as G(I)dle? [Mod's note: Bashing will not be approved]

• Soyeon has showed over and over again that music is her passion and for that she has a lot of my respect. But are there any others that you can compare to her? I would mention Exid because of LE but there so inconsistent as a group. One moment they announce they've disbanded and then the next they make a surprise comeback. :pepe-clown-gear:

Approved the thread.

Changed the title of the thread from “Are there any other girl groups who are as passionate about music as G(I)dle?” to “Are there any other girl groups who are as passionate about music as G(I)dle? [Mod's note: Bashing will not be approved]”.
  • another new way to spell (g)i-dle added to the list. thank you op.

• mods can add addenums to anon posts now?

interesting

• food for thought:

are soyeon and gidle being in cube is a blessing in disguise? because if their company were jyp or something else, they will not give them that freedom and acknowledge soyeon

• How can that be a group of only 1 person is serious about music? That means only Soyeon is, not G idle.

Big bang (yes even including that scum seungri when he was there)? All members have released music and all of them had direct input into what they wanted to make.

• several girls in hybe ggs also wrote their own lyrics. yunjin also produced her first song

• food for thought:

are soyeon and gidle being in cube is a blessing in disguise? because if their company were jyp or something else, they will not give them that freedom and acknowledge soyeon

Why does JYP give creative freedom to SKZ?

How can that be a group of only 1 person is serious about music? That means only Soyeon is, not G idle.

Big bang (yes even including that scum seungri when he was there)? All members have released music and all of them had direct input into what they wanted to make.

It's obvious you're not familiar with their discography. Minnie and Yuqi have produced several songs.

• Interesting, Soyeon is being called a genius for having a contribution to producing their songs ( to which two of them succedded with the gp), though at the same time has a very annoying nasal rapping voice.

Meanwhile we dont hear the same for some boy groups or artists like Bigbang and Zico who have produced countless success hits. The double standards.

• I can't believe that no one has mentioned Mamamoo yet. Solar, Moonbyul and Hwasa are really involved in their songs creation and have a lot of KOMCA credits. Even Wheein who said that she did not focus on songwriting has some. They all have a solo musical career when most girl group memers don't even try to become a solo singer, they do something else like moddeling or acting.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• EXO :

Chen and Chanyeol have credits for the lyrics of some EXO songs (Kokobop, Chill, She's dreaming, Heaven, Lightsaber, etc)

Chen wrote the lyrics for some of his solo songs (Flower, My dear, I don't even mind)

Chanyeol produced and wrote the lyrics for Telephone, On me and Fly away (EXO-SC 1 billion views album) + produced and wrote the lyrics for Daydreamin, Roller coaster (EXO-SC What a life album). Chanyeol has 21 songs registered under his name on KOMCA and 18 under LOEY.

Suho participated in the writing for all of his solo songs on Self-Portrait.

D.O. wrote the lyrics for Rose, That's okay and participated in writing the lyrics for I'm fine.

Kai was involved conceptually in both his solo albums and gave input on the music production and choreos.

• Interesting, Soyeon is being called a genius for having a contribution to producing their songs ( to which two of them succedded with the gp), though at the same time has a very annoying nasal rapping voice.

Meanwhile we dont hear the same for some boy groups or artists like Bigbang and Zico who have produced countless success hits. The double standards.

GD was criticised with annoying voice back then when he was active and his voice wasn't even as annoying as Soyeon and Zico don't really have a annoying voice, i actually also find her voice really annoying, even more than before in Nxde , i think for Soyeon depends of the song, there are songs where it suit and songs which doesn't suit, her voice sounds really bad in Nxde

I actually think she doesn't know how to use her own voice and doesn't know how to highlight her voice even with getting already half of the song, the songs she compose aren't for her voice.

• The most baffling thing to think is a composer who's been working on her group's projects and has an increasing success with her music doesn't know her tone just cause some people don't like it.

I-dle's most consistent compliment is their usage of vocal tones in their music.

• Mamamoo. Naming Mamamoo for anything music related sounds like a broken record or cheating tbh. Because they do almost everything IMO. Comebacks, solos, featuring, variety shows for singing, musical, AND they do other solos work like youtube/events and still have time to do music for fans.

Other groups I can think of is Dreamcatcher, they have alot of comebacks and seems pretty fun with their fans. Of course having alot of comebacks doesn't mean they are passionate about music, but I think you can tell if a group is doing it because they like it or have to.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!