Why people dismiss hate nugu/unpopular groups get?

• Whenever there's popular idol gets critized for something, some kpop stans be like oh if it was nugu idol u wouldn't care like, if it was some nugu group it would seen as joke, meme and no one would attack them :rolleyes: these people sound like they have never been fans of nugu groups and they simply think nugu groups get less hate because no one knows them and no one is threatened enough to drag them.

This is not the case. In fact people feel more free to hate on nugu groups because they can freely get away with since those groups have no fans to defend them and no one to make sob story for them later on. Even if they had some fans those has to tolerate it because if they trigger big fandoms the backlash would be even more. We are more exposed to hate nugu groups get because we usually more informed about them and also their stans are more loud about it.

Even more sad is companies of these groups sometimes set up their groups on purpose just to get some publicity. But in the end only the groups end up harassed and the only 5 fans they had leaves them because no one wants to stan nugu group that is hated.

I wish my nugu faves weren't hated tho:pepe-pray:

• this is even not about ateez

u still thinking about ateez :blade-cry:

clearly doesn't know the definition of Nugu....Ateez always on his mind wbk just like he's a g-idle anti he's an ateez anti probably secretly jams out to halahala and dejavu

• he is not gidle anti, he was fan but now just uses them for bragging rights

Imagine bragging about a group who's "leader" plagiarized Ateez....yet you wanna hate on Ateez....make it make sense...

I knew Wave was his secret love song.

• yep people get free pass to hate because there is no one to defend them, its sad

i want them to blow up but it seems like some of those toxic kpop stans wont let it happen

I will forever hold a grudge against SONEs yes I'm calling all of you SONEs out

For hating on Nine Muses just because they have 9 members. I strongly believe that if not for fking SONEs they would not hate gotten so much hate and would at least be more successful than they were.

FK all of y'all SONEs yes I'm going to generalise the entire fandom come at me I dare you

• I will forever hold a grudge against SONEs yes I'm calling all of you SONEs out

For hating on Nine Muses just because they have 9 members. I strongly believe that if not for fking SONEs they would not hate gotten so much hate and would at least be more successful than they were.

FK all of y'all SONEs yes I'm going to generalise the entire fandom come at me I dare you

kpop stans gatekeep most random things for real, most ridiculous ones i remember literally gatekeeping idol names lol, its literally birth name and idols can have similar names 💀

yeah sadly if some nugu group starts getting attention kpop stans try to find anything to drag and harass them so they can demolish their small hope to stardom

• I did notice that Smaller groups aren't involved in scandals NEARLY as much compared to bigger groups

cause Loona went years without any major scandals (minus a few dating rumors that were quickly shut down by both companies)

but now between Chuu "bullying" scandal and now major issues between her and BBC its almost like every week or so theres something new about Loona that makes the news

my guess is that if there is a smaller groups

the public wont care to look into them, when it comes to bigger groups they want to get very bit of info they can about sai idol and then theres stupid people who want attention so they make up shit bout the idol :pepe-magnify:

but hey

thats just a theory

A K P O P T H E O R Y

thanks for reading

• I think it's more like people don't care more than taking those nugu as a joke. The fact is, nobody talk about them at all except their own fans. So, who do you think gonna bash them? Media didn't even glance, kpop community didn't care, the news will go around their fans only who will support or ditch them. Nugu is already another meaning of unknown or unpopular ones in Kpop. Who's gonna go around talking about them even if they have scandal? Everyone will just asking 'who?' and left. Just see the thread about them in allkpop, mostly no one even care to answer.

So, the conclusion is, it's not people dismiss the hate the nugus received but because nobody talk about it at the first place, so what's the point? No one talking equal to no hate too.

• Just book a personal meeting with Yeosang for 2 mins and then they'd turn into an Ateez lover in 0.2 secs Yeosang converts everyone

Thats true everyone loves him lol

• I agree that people don't care or talk about small groups as much. And I feel like when people talk about them it's usually only positive things because when people are disappointed or bored by small groups they find that to be natural / expected and also no one is going around hyping up their boring songs making you feel like you have to correct them.

I disagree with "nugu groups get less hate", I think they do get less % of hate cause I feel like no one cares about saying negative things about them, unlike with bigger groups. If they have a controversy, of course people would care. But just in general for their music or stage presence, no one really criticizes it cause there's no expectation from them in the first place. Like in the BP thread people are talking about "no one would complain if small group made a dance mistake" I totally agree cause if it was a small group:

- fans would not be disappointed about that kind of thing, they'd just be happy to watch the group perform.

- non-fans who heard about it would also think it's not a big deal.

However I agree with "people feel more free to hate on nugu groups" because you don't expect any fans to clap back at you. I also feel more free to say negative things about small groups, however I think in reality bigger groups get way more criticism because way more people care/find it interesting/have expectations of them.

Edit: and I totally don't get this sentence "We are more exposed to hate nugu groups get because we usually more informed about them and also their stans are more loud about it." What hate (or criticism) on nugu groups , I mean someone brought up tripleS but I can't think of much else

• I don't know about those who dismiss such hate but maybe it's because it's less seen and lesser known - aka out of sight out of mind...

let's say there's a nugu group with 10000 fans but unknown to the Korean GP and maybe the majority of I-fans so if there was hate towards such group then unless such hatred was made public widely then most people wouldn't know about it (and if they don't know about it then can't care about it)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!