does taylor swift is the biggest musical artist in asia now?

• does taylor swift is the biggest musical artist in asia now 15

1. No (10) 67%
    2. yes (5) 33%

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Taylor swift beating top kpop acts in asia. she creating new records with her every new album this doesn't include china where she is biggest foreign act in the country. can we say that she is bigger than Bts, Blackpink, IU and other asian acts

• Idk I’m not from Asia

Where I’m from she’s like Olivia rodrigo, teenagers and young people know her but she’s no competition to local artists even tho she’s doing great numbers on charts

Her latest hit was probably ME! Idk how midnight is going

• Idk I’m not from Asia

Where I’m from she’s like Olivia rodrigo, teenagers and young people know her but she’s no competition to local artists even tho she’s doing great numbers on charts

Her latest hit was probably ME! Idk how midnight is going

Taylor Swift is 33 years old and she’s been popular for the last 15 years at some point we need to drop the “only teens” know her. She maybe indeed lower than local artists in many markets but certainly her fans are millennials/older genZ predominantly not teens.

Omg it hurts me to see her name in the same sentence as Olivia, a literal child 😭😭😭

• Spotify is one platform in Asia but is it the most popular music platform in Asia?? I'm in Asia and I don't use Spotify etc.

TS is famous globally but I don't think she's the most popular in Asia and congrats for her continued success globally. I'm not a fan either.

I agree with Ves - the Proof erasure~

• Taylor Swift is 33 years old and she’s been popular for the last 15 years at some point we need to drop the “only teens” know her. She maybe indeed lower than local artists in many markets but certainly her fans are millennials/older genZ predominantly not teens.

Omg it hurts me to see her name in the same sentence as Olivia, a literal child 😭😭😭

But that’s why I said teenagers and young people… I never said only teens.

• Predominantly 25+ year olds are young people now? I mean they are lol but not in any context on the internet these days lol. But if you say so.

When I said young people I was thinking of people in their thirties actually lol damn when did the internet collectively agreed that past 30 is elderly age ;(

• Also what is this Asia Spotify weekly? Is there such a thing?

Just looked up Proof's Spotify stats from the global Spotify weekly back when it was released in June; there was never a mention of Asia Spotify in June?

BTS Proof - first week streams - 222 Million

If you guys think 30 years = old, I'm ancient lol~

• IN MY DEFENSE there have been a lot of genZ jokes about Taylor so I needed context cues ;(

• This is a weird argument tho lol. So what if it’s not #1. top acts should be charting equally well on Spotify.

But why are we using an inferior platform to decide it? Isn't that weird. What are the youtube numbers compared to bts and blackpink? Spotify is used mostly by west and asians mostly use spotify for playing western music since not all asian music is available there. Youtube is freely accessible and has every music.

• I just found out Taylor swift is nugu in Japan hahaha. But China loves her. So I guess it’s a mixed bag.

(Apple Music and Spotify have similar stats for TS)

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Spotify is one platform in Asia but is it the most popular music platform in Asia?? I'm in Asia and I don't use Spotify etc.

TS is famous globally but I don't think she's the most popular in Asia and congrats for her continued success globally. I'm not a fan either.

I agree with Ves - the Proof erasure~

Actually paradis mentioned it, but I totally agree. Where the heck did Proof go??

• But why are we using an inferior platform to decide it? Isn't that weird. What are the youtube numbers compared to bts and blackpink? Spotify is used mostly by west and asians mostly use spotify for playing western music since not all asian music is available there. Youtube is freely accessible and has every music.

You can substitute Spotify stats in for YouTube but not the other way round because one is predominantly paid and the other is predominantly free. if it helps she’s #1 on multiple streaming platforms (paid) not just Spotify. Apple Music, QQ, Amazon music etc.

• You can substitute Spotify stats in for YouTube but not the other way round because one is predominantly paid and the other is predominantly free. if it helps she’s #1 on multiple streaming platforms (paid) not just Spotify. Apple Music, QQ, Amazon music etc.

you really wanna die on this hill? exols don't want kpop to be more global even in asia? lol

• I think YT is the definite Asia streaming platform. I'm glad that TS is doing well and yes she has fans in China because that's were she always have her Asian leg of her tours but no so much elsewhere etc.

YouTube is not a good metric for actually comparing artists though. It’s too inflated because it’s a free platform.

If an act is truly big they’ll be able to top paid streaming platforms like Apple Music, Amazon music, Spotify etc no matter how small the audience. (she topped all of them btw WW)

• you really wanna die on this hill? exols don't want kpop to be more global even in asia? lol

What are you even talking about lol. Imagine thinking anyone can be bigger than Taylor swift 😭😭 I wasn’t even thinking about kpop because I didn’t blv anyone could be that delusional. I was thinking about local acts in those countries.

• spotify for asia? that made me laugh. Most of us still use youtube.

spotify getting popular in asia especially japan, sea and india. Also when I say asia that most of the local artists are popular in their country but not outside their country I mean if you see indian musical artists youtube views they out viewed almost everyone with one country alone but we cannot see them outside india. same with other countries too so it is not wrong to presume that taylor swift is biggest act in asia and also she is doing great other platforms too the only artists in asia who can do well overall in asia is bts and bp.

• What are you even talking about lol. Imagine thinking anyone can be bigger than Taylor swift 😭😭 I wasn’t even thinking about kpop because I didn’t blv anyone could be that delusional. I was thinking about local acts in those countries.

which country are u from may i ask?

• spotify getting popular in asia especially japan, sea and india. Also when I say asia that most of the local artists are popular in their country but not outside their country I mean if you see indian musical artists youtube views they out viewed almost everyone with one country alone but we cannot see them outside india. same with other countries too so it is not wrong to presume that taylor swift is biggest act in asia and also she is doing great other platforms too the only artists in asia who can do well overall in asia is bts and bp.

You realize there is literally no way previous BTS albums made the list and Proof didn't, right?

• Actually that is a good question... no clue...

I’m assuming that’s what they did I bet it’s kpop fans who came up with this hahah. She has too many records to make up random ones like “asia streams” like it’s a monolith lol. I bet people don’t even consider things like Middle East South Asia east Asia separate when these places all have totally different tastes.

• spotify getting popular in asia especially japan, sea and india. Also when I say asia that most of the local artists are popular in their country but not outside their country I mean if you see indian musical artists youtube views they out viewed almost everyone with one country alone but we cannot see them outside india. same with other countries too so it is not wrong to presume that taylor swift is biggest act in asia and also she is doing great other platforms too the only artists in asia who can do well overall in asia is bts and bp.

u were never comparing them to local artists were u? aren't u comparing her to bts and bp?

• No one is disputing TS's success globally and in Asia but she's def not the biggest act in Asia - that is all I'm gonna say and really leave now.

This maybe the case. But we can’t use YouTube metrics to determine who is or isn’t big that’s all I’ll say. Maybe the perfect way doesn’t exist so we’ll never know!

• I’m assuming that’s what they did I bet it’s kpop fans who came up with this hahah. She has too many records to make up random ones like “asia streams” like it’s a monolith lol. I bet people don’t even consider things like Middle East South Asia east Asia separate when these places all have totally different tastes.

So... a Swiftie made a list that no one can check since no one knows what "asia streams" actually entails and now people are trying to use said list of unclear origins as a basis to crown her the queen of musical acts in Asia.

:pepe-tea:

• This thread contains 15 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!