Did you ever wonder how English music is the most played music on earth?

• Like what made people in non English countries start to listen to English music and how came that English music is the most famouse type of music instead of music from any other language

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Tell that to people in all countries around the globe who are older than 40 and most likly don't even understand a single word of English

older folks most likely do know bits and bobs of English at least compared to almost every language. If you didn’t know many non English speaking counties teach English as a second language or it’s used as an common/official 2nd or 3rd language hence it’s widespread use.

My parents, most uncles/aunts and grandparents are older than 50, were poor in their home country and they were still taught basic English at what little school they attended. They can all speak and understand to varying degrees.

• not really, i don't know what's popular overseas lol

and most of my relatives just listen to music from where they're from.

• That's what happens when European countries go colonizing half the globe and spreading their language and culture while stealing and destroying others and using the resources they gained to build up their own countries making them the strongest world super powers.

It's pretty easy to understand how it trickles down after that.

• That's what happens when European countries go colonizing half the globe and spreading their language and culture while stealing and destroying others and using the resources they gained to build up their own countries making them the strongest world super powers.

It's pretty easy to understand how it trickles down after that.

It's the truth so not sure why you got laugh reaction lol.

Why did English become the ‘global language’?
    Is English the leading international language? Not in terms of native speakers (L1s) as this chart shows. More people Spanish as their…
    medium.com

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!