RE: what can yg do so that bp can surpass bts spotify streams, hot 100 ranking and album sales?

• they should promote more tbh

Do you know how many times bts promoted dynamite. Dynamite have almost 35 performance videos.

Black swan and ON did not do well like boy with love but still they promoted them like crazies. Even if your song doesn't do well with gp, hardcore fans will buy/ support much more considering your hard work. People call army's obsessed but refuse to see that it was bts's extreme work ethic which earned them such hardcore fanbase.

Before blinks come for me I think BP music is extremely gp friendly, only thing holding them back is lack of promotion. I am not saying that they should promote a song 100 times but at least 5-6 live performances when it is released could make fans happy and they would support the artist more.

Plzz don't murder me :sweatr:

Edited because some people are mad / misunderstanding. By 100 performances I meant a lot because I did not know the exact number

2nd for me mot7 promotion was really good. Music shows, American TV icon performances etc. Tbh I miss that era so it's my opinion that they promoted that album really well much better than BE. If you don't think like this than its just different opinions no need to get angry.

armys and blinks stop fighting like it was not even that serious. :sweatr::boredr:

• I know dynamite got a lot of promo but what kind of big promo did black swan get when it was released early on.

It didn’t even have a US digital shop although it was a pre release single

My bad Not then but it got many beautiful performances after mot7 was released.

I am still salty that bighit decided to not release actual mv first. It could have been a legit hit but----- :zipr::boredr:

To me promotion = performances

Other things like digital singles, pricing, ads, radio deals are important for charts but not that much to me as a fan.

But I am always here to criticise hybe after seeing how they are handling bts releases now a days :yesr:

• many were not done as promotional act per say during come back and 100 is a huge ass exaggeration. They did 35-36 performances of dynamite ( muster+tv shows + award shows+ guest performances on shows like america's got talent ).

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• most of performances for black swan and ON actually count from award show performances . They were not done as promotional act per say during come back and 100 is a huge ass exaggeration. They did 35-36 performances of dynamite ( tv shows + award shows+ guest performances on shows like america's got talent as invitation).

100 means lots and lots of them (just take me as a person who is bad at math :sweatr: )

Tbh I kind of got sick of queen dynamite in 2021 after seeing them performing it every goddamn time. I cant even recall how many dynamite performances I watched

• 100 means lots and lots of them (just take me as a person who is bad at math

)

Tbh I kind of got sick of queen dynamite in 2021 after seeing them performing it every goddamn time. I cant even recall how many dynamite performances I watched

you said "dynamite has almost 100 performance videos" as if its factual thus your comment led me to tell you that 100 is very far off estimation that falls in the area of exaggeration.

Dynamite was a global hit, that's why they were invited to many shows and festivals to perform them.

• yg is just stupid wasting their biggest money maker.

anyway, black swan and on were promoted like crazy? where? dynamite had 100 performances? I wish I have seen those imaginary performances them all. why are you lying or blatantly spreading misinformation?

• many were not done as promotional act per say during come back and 100 is a huge ass exaggeration. They did 35-36 performances of dynamite ( muster+tv shows + award shows+ guest performances on shows like america's got talent ).

Eh i think we dont even have 35 performances per album or more :waterr::zipr:

• many artist's channel to performances are via festivals, award shows, music shows and finally the biggest promotion of all "TOURING". if you look at BP's earlier days im sure you will be able to chalk up to at least 20

Yes they had but not now when they are more popular and it can help them even more :pepefacepalm:

• they are going to go on a world tour right? that is the biggest promotion any artist can have. Touring has real impact on song's performances on chart. It could be the reason why they are not promoting their cb so much right now.

Agree and I understand that, but they at least could gave us few performances :sweatr1: they arent even promoting title not to mention bsides

• External Content twitter.com

Oop. @blinks this must be a lot to digest

Seems like this is the beginning of Blackpinks downfall. Blackpink Payed the way for their streams and are now too broke to pay the way for their seats

Anyways stan Taennie ❤️

• External Content twitter.com

girl don't waste you time on this, some people are just not worth it.

• I don’t care about all these oh-so-long-titles-to-make-it-seem-like-they-have-outstanding-achievements. They mean nothing and are insignificant when you remove the repetitive “first girl group in 2022” that you blinks live using so much

• Tbh I do think BP has more western and gp friendly image and songs. It’s easier for GGs to be liked by GP but usually they don’t have a huge fandom. Blackpink is unique because they have a huge fandom and GP-friendly image.

So to answer OP’s question here are my thoughts:

1) YG maintain the Blackpink-style songs but they need a larger discography with different genres. Having no skip albums in 6 years that are the same amount of a rookie group is nothing to brag about.

2) Promotions, promotions, promotions!

3) Expand the fandom by being active on social media (even when there’s no song to promote), attend events that able for them to connect with the fandom like music shows, etc.

yg is just stupid wasting their biggest money maker.

anyway, black swan and on were promoted like crazy? where? dynamite had 100 performances? I wish I have seen those imaginary performances them all. why are you lying or blatantly spreading misinformation?

To be fair, I guess for a Blink, even 10 promotions would seem to be like hundreds I guess (if we are comparing relative to BP).

• This thread contains 70 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!