Do anime fans also have fan wars?

• How do they compare strengths of imaginary cartoon characters

Atleast kpop fans got some stats and data to argue about lol

yeah kpop fans have objective blatant evidence for argument, but debating who's stronger gets very far to the analyze of each's Defense capability, Speed, or judging Physical Strength over things that they have broken... It gets highly hypothetical yet makes sense sometimes despite being fictional

𝙮𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙣

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FlashyPleasantAmericancicada-size_restricted.gif

:pepe-toast::pepeflushed::pepe-toast:

• Yes, there are lot of toxicity in anime fandoms. Maybe forums are better regulated, but if you go to dedicated fandom ones, it can be a terrible experience.

Some are within the fandom of certain animes just discussing with pairing is better and it gets messy. Ship wars are kinda like Kpop fan wars I guess. Naruto ship wars was bitter.

I believe MAL did a huge crackdown about a decade ago when it was pretty bad which kinda killed the forums a bit. Also, they had technical issues, so maybe this killed traffic more. ANN also had similar crackdowns.

In DBZ fandom has lot of arguments over canon, power level, and stupid useless shit like this. Also it bleeds on Goku x Superman stuff.

Gundam x Macross fanwars. But it was kinda Nintendo x Sega level. I don't think it was bitter or rabid level.

There are SJW accusing some fans of being pedophiles and real pedophile apologists inside anime fandom. People who like fan-service animes x people who like manly ones. Super ugly discussions.

During Evangelion era. Antis x rabid fans. In this case, I was on the rabid fans side at the time. Not my greatest moments.

Some haters may attack the whole studio. KyoAni haters were notorious.

Recent one is in Boku no Hero Academia fandom. Some get super aggressive protecting certain characters while shit on others. Kinda similar to akgaes.

Comic fans x anime fans can also happen.

Some even participate in review bombing and bumping. Like Code Geass fanboys kept creating fake accounts to review bomb top series while trying to put their series in 1st more notably at MAL, but not just there. Not just Code Geass fans, other fandoms did this sorta underhanded tactics. This type of fandom is very ruthless to perceived criticisms and even praises to other animes if you consider them better than they like.

Also, Japanese otakus can be a different beast. One anime I forgot the name had a female character that the author made some vague insinuation that she wasn't virgin. Fans of that anime who were participating on some official membership fandom just started cancelling their membership and even burn their merchandise in protest.

Anime fandom can be a rabbit hole when you dig deep.

EDIT: Oh dunno if someone will get it:

• There're various anime fans, long shounen anime series fans maybe are the most toxic ones?

I guess some hardcore fujoshi are also kinda like different breed. Maybe they similar with kpop shippers.

They always fight about who pairs with who, which one is seme and uke, etc.

• ive got to say, i do see a lot of fights on twitter of people trashing popular animes, and then fans of certain animes getting defensive about it. its the same shit as kpop. "this series is overatted" "this series sucks" and then stans attack that person.

who's your favorite artist?

• Oh I remembered the anime where otakus raged about the "implied non-virginity" of the main female character because she had a past partner: Kannagi

Fans throwing tantrums at 2ch and destroyed their merch and manga and cancel membership and pre-orders. The author got sick that forced her to go on a hiatus coincidentally around this time, so some speculated that she got threats by these particular fans. The manga and anime did well despite these tantrums, so remember, not all fandom are represented by these morons that argue on internet. They are just super loud.

There're various anime fans, long shounen anime series fans maybe are the most toxic ones?

I guess some hardcore fujoshi are also kinda like different breed. Maybe they similar with kpop shippers.

They always fight about who pairs with who, which one is seme and uke, etc.

Fujoshi do discuss a lot about these frivolous things. When I was still going to anime forums hardcore (and modded one as well), some random fujoshis would argue against each other, but it was still civil in comparison to shonen shippers or people discussing power level and shit. They were getting out of the woods so to speak. Probably they were very active in their own community sites which I didn't visit. I imagine it is similar level of toxicity.

• i see a LOT of ship wars recently, of like haikyuu, my hero, idk mainstream stuff, its SO funny how toxic fans can get when it comes to shipping, another things that they argue is abt the ages of the characters they ship, some people say "Oh its fictional" and some others say "just cause its fiction doesnt mean its not bad" idk shit like that, oh and some will get mad if u have a diffrent ship then them, for example i could ship deku and ochako and they could ship deku and todoroki and they would YELL at me haha, also i dont ship anyone from my hero btw, that was just an example

• *flashbacks to NaruSaku vs NH and SS*

For what I know OP fans also fight, specially Sanji, Zoro and Luffy fans, Zoro getting the most shit but also most fans.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!