Why are the views of the second mv's always worse ?

• I am talking about youtube and mv's which are release in the same year.

It's not the views are bad. They are f**** great but still not so good like the views of the first mv.

Do you think the hype for streaming goals (I'm only talking about Youtube) is slowing down for the second release? Fans are tired of streaming?

I will name some examples:

It happened to

BP: HYLT and ICE CREAM and Lovesick Girls.

BTS: Dynamite and Life Goes on.

BTS: Butter and Permission to Dance.

Seems to be the same for Pink Venom and Shut Down. I mean we have to wait but right now it looks that way.

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• all those songs have too short time between so called pre-release and proper main single

it could be different if it be 5-6 months between 1st and 2nd MV :)

and also yeah it's true that hype dies

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I have explained this like 4-5 times since YTC release so let me just find and quote one of those posts rather than writing a new one ^^

The most viewed MVs in first 24 hrs are 'Butter', 'Dynamite', HYLT, IC all of which are standalone single releases. It is easier to do bigger numbers with singles and it is always worse with album singles.

The next best is 'Boy With Liv' which is a main single of mini album with 7 songs and it has that many views because it had a lot of hype. Real hype. LGO & LSG which were released after BTS & BP most viewed YouTube comebacks i.e. 'Dynamite' & HYLT and they still couldn't get BWL numbers because it is not common to do those numbers with albums singles....

If LSG which was one of only 8 songs got only 60m views after HYLT which had 86m & IC which had 78m (and all of this happened in the same year btw) then Idk why anyone was even expecting YTC which was released alongside 47 other songs to do similar numbers as standalone singles :rolleyes:

Common sense tells you that standalone singles always get the most streams. 'Butter', 'Dynamite', HYLT, IC are all standalone singles. 'Pink Venom' is in similar vein.

Album songs don't. BWL (74.3m), LGO (71.6m), LSG (61m) are all main singles of albums with 7-8 song albums....

• 1st - came with whole album

2nd- depends upon type of song. More hyped song= more views. e.g. life goes on was ballad

3rd- also whether fans like it or not. Permission to dance is probably most hated kpop song. I saw soo many people unstanning bts over it. UKO's thread on it got 4k replies all of which were tearing apart bts artistry especially Suga and rm got sooo much hate there both about their musical direction and their personalities

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!