Would it have been beneficial if BlackPink took IU's concert spot on the coming weekend?

• John D . Rockefeller became the richest man in the world by this method - he arranged a system so if another company shipped oil thru railroads, HE would get a rebate on the shipping. How he managed to that is not present in the history of Rockefellers.

This was very unscrupulous, but that was the business practice of the robber barons of the 19th century. Smaller companies were undercut, and were merged into bigger entities without mercy. The last holdout was a John Archbold, who fought the Rockefellers tooth and nail but after a 11 year struggle he was also destroyed. Impressed by Archbold's doggedness, Rockefeller gave Archbold a position and Archbold eventually became a president of Standard Oil of New Jersey, now known as Exxonmobil.

====

I am wondering whether YG should have overpaid whatever Edam Entertainment, which was owned by IU at that time, and have stolen the concert in this weekend, combined with its long anticipated comeback.

In Asia, there are still some notions of honor. Because IU had tried to have concerts at the Olympic Stadium at least two times, the people who was running the Stadiums gave her(remember - at that time Edam was owned by IU!) the priority when there was one more opportunity, probably the last one, which opened.

However, there are something called connections. YG's power did decline after its many scandals in 2018. However it was quite powerful during the rule of President Park Geunhye who was ousted in early 2017.

If YG had pulled the correct strings, they would overpaid whatever Edam entertainment paid , and the Stadium authorities would have invalidated IU's contract. They would pay double of whatever IU had paid, but since the cheaper seats of Blackpink concerts are priced as high as the most expensive seats of IU's concert and given it is a bigger venue there would have been more revenues.

YG would have invited some international celebrities to make it more valuable, and raise ticket prizes to compensate for whatever it is paying to IU.

It is unlikely that Kakao would have come to the aid of IU. Of course IU would build a lifelong enmity with YG, but who cares - BP now the greatest world celebrity of all, while IU is merely a local singer who cannot invite anyone who is kinda famous around the world.

The whole world would have covered it. Probably the greatest event to be held in Korea since the FIFA World Cup opening in 2002.

OF course YG would have mismanaged it, but it would have raked a big amount of money with the whole world watching. IU and Uaenas would have cursed it to the ends of the day but their voices would have been silenced by the world fans and only Koreans would have give n a damn.

YG's decline of power after all these mess probably robbed the world one of the greatest events of all in 2022 after all these wars, famous deaths and higher prices of everything and BTS' suspension of activities, and would have been an event which would have been talked about for quite a long time.

tl.dr. In a utilitarian way, it would have been good for YG to move its strings for the stadium authorities to break its contract with IU, who would not have a concert there for years, and have BlackPink's comeback concert at the Olympic Stadium on this weekend with the entire world watching.

• BRU GIVE ME THE SHORT VERSION

you saying yg stole IU spot for a stadium concert. That IU had it already booked and they snatched from her?. Is IU going to a world tour too? Cos BP is going to a WT, and they won`t be able to do other dates, while IU can

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• this feels like a set up for both blackpink and iu lol but regardless blackpink's tour isn't starting until next month anyway. october is still fine to hold concerts at jamsil, contrary to what you try to say. iu picked sept 17-18 because it's literally her debut anniversary, it's not like she picked it to be the last jamil concert of the season (which it isn't even, since there is still one more concert in october).

• Poor Whyknock, since neither history nor weather obliges his morbid conspiracies, forced to feed insane business strategies to YGE...

Please keep on.. I definitely credit you for the tropical storm moving away from Seoul.

More you do these kind of "doomsaying", more sure the success of IU.

But if nature practices balance, then I wonder who is taking the lose - hopefully not BP or YGE -the pawns you use to bring down IU.

• Also, I wonder how many post you had written so far, because I've read your post in the Twice early year (I forgot if was that 2017 or 2016?) on an older forum.

Seriously, I think all of your post is worth to be compiled into a book or something.

It is as a counter-history fiction. Like "The Man in the High Castle", it will be "The Girl High in the Charts". but increasingly YK is getting repetitive and tends to rehash.. that is a pity

• So intentionally and publicly crossing IU, the 'Nation's Sweetheart', is the strategy you are proposing to YGE. That should be a very popular move for BP.

Go ahead.. try to get at least any BLINKS to agree to that..

• No wonder because he is the only mortal human that are standing against The Unnatural Being, warning the whole kpop world about the ever-presence threat. Human will have a limit, not like Her.

I can almost picture Whyknock standing like Gandalf on the bridge against IU the huge Balrog..crying "Thou shall not pass"... ^^ or is it Frodo/Sam against Shelob

just that YK has no fellowship, everyone he tries to recruit.. agencies, nugus, debut groups all end up submitting to the Strange Creature - Shelob, Sphinx, Gumiho all combined.

• BRU GIVE ME THE SHORT VERSION

you saying yg stole IU spot for a stadium concert. That IU had it already booked and they snatched from her?. Is IU going to a world tour too? Cos BP is going to a WT, and they won`t be able to do other dates, while IU can

This is a speculation . YG could have pulled its strings and rob IU's position but chose not to do so but it did it would have yielded a huge dividend which would have been felt in the entire world

• this feels like a set up for both blackpink and iu lol but regardless blackpink's tour isn't starting until next month anyway. october is still fine to hold concerts at jamsil, contrary to what you try to say. iu picked sept 17-18 because it's literally her debut anniversary, it's not like she picked it to be the last jamil concert of the season (which it isn't even, since there is still one more concert in october).

Not in the main stadium which is closed after the final event in Oct 1-2, featuring NCT Dream, Ive and Monsta X for renovation. YG tried to secure an Oct date for it but could not get it because it is out of reach now.

IU was given the priority because it is her third try and even the most iron hearted person on earth would have some pity on her, and at that time YG didn't make a plan for BP's return

but YG sholud have planned ahead , although planning for a long term is not YG's strongest suit.

• Also, I wonder how many post you had written so far, because I've read your post in the Twice early year (I forgot if was that 2017 or 2016?) on an older forum.

Seriously, I think all of your post is worth to be compiled into a book or something.

I lost count but I wrote about 2-3 each week for 10 years so that should be around 1000-1500

• IU was given the priority because it is her third try and even the most iron hearted person on earth would have some pity on her, and at that time YG didn't make a plan for BP's return

What a way to ignore that her earlier 'tries' ran into a minor thing called the pandemic, perhaps you have heard of it, whichever rock you live under.

What you call 'pity of the most iron hearted', is called simple common fair dealing by others - that if someone was forced to cancel due to reasons beyond their control, then it is fair deal to give it to them when they try again.

• So intentionally and publicly crossing IU, the 'Nation's Sweetheart', is the strategy you are proposing to YGE. That should be a very popular move for BP.

Go ahead.. try to get at least any BLINKS to agree to that..

To this day not too many companies, other than Laboum's ex-company, tried to fight her in earnest.

That's kind of an appeasement.

YGE tends to be run with whatever YG feels at the moment. Apparently he didn't feel like fighting IU, and YGE already has accumulated quite a lot of shit because of the antics of its artists.

But if he had decided to fight IU and take the concert spot he would have succeeded. There is little overlap between blinks and uaenas.

• No wonder because he is the only mortal human that are standing against The Unnatural Being, warning the whole kpop world about the ever-presence threat. Human will have a limit, not like Her.

Me warning the entire KPop world about the danger IU presents is somewhat like IU standing against the entire array of KPop singers to make it return back to its reactionary, isolationist and domestic ways

• And how did that work out for Laboum? .. they are still being accused of Sajaegi

YG is sensible then.

For you 'success' is blocking IU, never mind the scorched earth that will be the opposition in Korea. That may not what others want.

Blinks need not overlap, to know that their faves need not be made pawns in idiotic confrontations for some weird domination conspiracy.

• I can almost picture Whyknock standing like Gandalf on the bridge against IU the huge Balrog..crying "Thou shall not pass"... ^^ or is it Frodo/Sam against Shelob

just that YK has no fellowship, everyone he tries to recruit.. agencies, nugus, debut groups all end up submitting to the Strange Creature - Shelob, Sphinx, Gumiho all combined.

Everyone who debuts in Korea has to go thru Melon

so they choose not to offend the singer which signifies it

• This is a speculation . YG could have pulled its strings and rob IU's position but chose not to do so but it did it would have yielded a huge dividend which would have been felt in the entire world

:rolleyes: so my speculations is that you use BlackPink name, and throw dirt on them, just so people read your thread. Possing IU as an alleged victim

:pepe-clown-walk:

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• No since around Sep 2012.

All of my writings in AKP before 2021 have been lost.

OH should have my writings yknok/yknocker

Ohh so there can be more concerts till october then :pepe-notes:

• Well, any recognition is better than nothing. It is about to disband because its current company has discontinued girl group operations, but it will always be mentioned in KPop history.

It seems that unlike USA where confrontations often get violent, in Asia a lot of things are solved away in compromises.

• Well, any recognition is better than nothing. It is about to disband because its current company has discontinued girl group operations, but it will always be mentioned in KPop history.

It seems that unlike USA where confrontations often get violent, in Asia a lot of things are solved away in compromises.

I don't get why you fixate on Laboum's music show win and not "Fly to the Sky" being the only act which denied IU, the #1 on digital charts.

I would think the second is far more impressive and they did not need discount tteokbokki to achieve that.

• Occam's razor is that Blackpink would not be able to sell out the Main Stadium in Korea.

It has nothing to do with timing, Jamsil repair schedule etc., BP has been around since 2016 and popular from the start. YGE has had 6 years.. if they wanted to do a stadium concert.. but they did not.

Neither have any top girl group from Fin.K.L, Wonder Girls, SNSD, SISTAR, Twice etc.,

Fans can imagine whatever they want. But agencies/promoters are hard nosed people, they won't venture where it won't turn a profit.

That is reflected in the fact that no GG has ever attempted a concert in Jamsil Main. At least the GGs which debuted since 2020 can be excused, pandemic and lack of time.

But BP and others, if they could have, they would have already done it.

So meh..

• There isn't any correlationship between all the participants to do such proposal, like why would YG ask IU to change it if BLACKPINK are starting the NA dates 2 weeks after the date of their concert. It would mean putting an extra work time on top of the comeback preparations plus wasting October month

• Our resident kpop historian writing another installment for his collection of short stories titled: IU is the Bogeyman.

Featuring YG and Blackpink this time! A nice break from the BTS-heavy earlier installments :finger-heart:

He is indefatigable in trying to rouse anyone - from veterans SNSD to even NJ - as long as they can be used for his passive-aggressive love-hate towards the Strange Creature.

It does not matter whether it is BTS or BP, all are pawns to his great cause..

• This thread contains 11 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!