RE : So now that TWICE as a group tanked, JYP needs to push solos.

• This

I equate like a normal person having a normal job in many ways

sure if you get accolades and titles and stuff but those things don't pay the bills and don't allow one to buy a house/car etc etc and I'm sure certain idols have similar financial goals as well

• which is why I've always said the only metric that truly matters is what is in an idols bank account

More like Agencies'...

Besides seems Twice is progressively doing better in the West with each release, even if it is not at BP levels..

So maybe JYPE should consider solos/subunits for Korean/Japanese audience and pivot the group to the West.

Anyway I am sure JYPE have far better data and strategic consultants,.. than we all.

• well for the angencies their bank accounts - for the idols their bank accounts lol

• Compare their stats to other year 7 stats for other ggs and the numbers are far more impressive. Agencies are not delusional on the lower charting numbers since pre Fancy, but what they still recognize are the sustaining numbers for a gg in their 7th year. Plus recognize that Twice still gets good ratings on variety shows which isn't normal for most gg's and they have more sponsorships internationally (ie Nintendo). If they're not charting well they're making it up in other avenues. Flop like Twice!

• Their music has been getting even better and better (and they've always been great), more critically acclaimed, and they all seem to really be taking a more hands-on approach to their music in this new chapter for them. But if all that matters is charting positions, then people shouldn't complain if companies from now on start making groups put out songs with the same exact formula of their previous hit singles.

People make it sound like they're one low-charting comeback away from being forced to work graveyard shifts at McDonalds. No musical act is going to be #1 forever, times change, especially in a genre like kpop where new groups debut all the time. But they're still super successful regardless. I'd be more concerned if the music quality started declining.

• For once, I agree with Anons. This comeback is great, I like all the songs on the album but the success stan in me doesn't like it's charting. :cryingr::waterr:

TWICE should promote individually. Some members should try acting and introduce Twice to a different audience. Or try their hand at modeling. Kpop fans all know Twice. They need to build up their own brand, so when they regroup after let's say a year, there is more hype.

• I equate like a normal person having a normal job in many ways

sure if you get accolades and titles and stuff but those things don't pay the bills and don't allow one to buy a house/car etc etc and I'm sure certain idols have similar financial goals as well

Idols never be able to catch a break. At First they have to worry about students and trainee debts. And later those Chanel bags also dont buy themself from alone. :pepe-puddle:

• It's their highest selling album and highest streaming debut ever, why do people consider it to be nothing? :melon_think:

If you're referring to Spotify, those numbers were given, it could've done much better. This was the most hyped Twice comeback to date probably. Coming off the tour and Nayeon success, and renewal news. JYP wasted it all.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!