lets get this straight... does BLACKPINK really flopping with PV ?!

• Their standard shown their hypocrisy.

Their standard 900K ULs, RAK, CAK, PAK altogether. Now, tell me which group managed to reach their that so far except for Bigbang? and why the hates only apply to Blackpink while others GG get into top 5 getting praised like there's no other group did that.

There's no need mention internationally because BP is #1 GG in terms of that international chart except for album sales, but since the ablum will release next month, it's possible they will reach 2M sales and takes that #1 in terms of GG. If they did it, how does it considered flopping? Don't compare it to BG because other GG also didn't get compared to BG's sales.

In conclusion, they are not flopping.

• I've said it before but people have different definitions of the word flop

to me there's three obvious examples with regards to K charting

1. to not chart at all - fairly obvious that if one fails to enter the charts at all then it's a flop

2. to not chart as well as previous songs - this is fairly understandable that if a group had a PAK for one song but the next song only made it (let's say to the top 20) then one might argue that since the song didn't do as well as previously then it's a flop

3. to not chart as well as expectations (this is the most subjective) - here a group flops because there is an expectation that certain groups will perform well whether based on prior success or company reputation...this generally applies to the larger or more popular groups - ie. if IU failed to chart (maybe) in the top 5 then one might argue that because of IU's prior successes then her level of expectations is much higher than a lesser known artist or group...

and thus in regards to BP I would argue that some people would consider they are flopping because of 3

• Not at all.

A song that hit 400k+ ULs in the first 24h, is by no imagination a flop.

Antis will nitpick every trivial stuff.

PAK, #1 etc. are nice to have, but they are highly subject to what else is going on with both the industry and in the society.

Having them indeed makes a hit, but NOT HAVING them does not NOT make a hit..

That applies even for IU.

PV, the only outstanding question is longevity. If it manages to be in top 20 for few weeks say 4-6 and top 100 for say 10-15 weeks, then it is a solid hit.

That's in general.

The other assessment is whether BP is doing better than the last release or has it declined. I don't know the answer to that.

But even if they have declined, it is still a hit by industry standards

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!