why I will never take the "HYBE stans are ARMYs" narrative seriously

• There is an element that is always missing from arguments like these

One that would ease all of the painful discussions

or perhaps end them entirely

MULTI

It's that simple really

A multi is someone who stans a lot of groups

A company stan is someone who stans a lot of groups under a company or the company itself

depending on how you guys perceive them

ARMY is somebody who stans BTS

It's just logic that a company stan would be a multi and vice versa

But the focus is always on ARMY

The word multi pops up either to praise or admonish them for stanning a lot of groups

Besides that individual fandoms treat them like ghosts

HYBE stans are multis would make more sense

Because not every HYBE stan is an ARMY

But every HYBE stan is a certified 100% MULTI

and there you have it folks

the-more.gif

Just logique :pepe-shrug:

Hope I've enlightened you

I wish to end this winter, how much longing must fall like snow before that spring day arrives?Spring Day

160837-for-gif

• I feel like a lot of ARMY hate HYBE, just like how a lot of Blinks hate YG. Mainly because of how the companies tend to fuck up their groups when they could have done s much better

But then we have people constantly firing arrows at each other calling everyone a company stan.

I mean not that I care, it just means more akorns for me

:akorns::farmer-bee:

• MULTIs can also be called army if they stan BTS... their fandom identity doesn't disappear just because they stan more then one group.. Also being a HYBE stan isn't just used to mean you follow all groups from the same company, its also used for people that support the company.. e.g: defending the company when they do something wrong. This is why you will see people call ARMY who showcase hybe stan behaviours as a HYBE stan even though they stan BTS.

It's also important to note that the reason why the vast majority of army are hybe stans is both because army are the biggest fandom in HYBE (BTS was their first successful group and only one until a few years ago along with BTS being the biggest group in general) and because of BTS's importance in HYBE... they literally built that company from the ground up and are very intertwined with them.. even now they are referred to as "BTS company" and all mistakes HYBE makes are also reflected back to BTS, this means a lot of army will take it upon themselves to bury or defend any scandal HYBE makes since it can damage BTS. We have already seen this happen so many times this past year with all the bullshit HYBE has been pulling, now this isn't to say all Army do this.. obviously not but it explains why a lot of hybe stans are army.

I don't doubt that there are also army who greatly dislike HYBE as well.

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

Edited 3 times, last by bobsyouruncle ().

• This logic is flawed though cause youre gonna see more army of everything... the fandom is 20x bigger

You're not getting my argument.

MOAs and Engenes have complained many times about HYBE's poor treatment towards their faves and most fans agree in those debates. But whenever we have the same discussions about BTS, there's always a division between the fandom.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

27dbe724372b809813a823b7367393edb58cad57.gifv

• MULTIs can also be called army if they stan BTS... their fandom identity doesnt disappear just because they stan more then one group. Also being a HYBE stan doesnt just mean you follow all groups from the same company, it also can mean you support the company.. e.g: defending the company when they do something wrong.

This is why you will see people call ARMY who showcase hybe stan behaviours as a HYBE stan even though they stan BTS. Its also important to note that the reason why the vast majority of army are hybe stans is both because army are the biggest fandom in HYBE (BTS was the only group only until a few years ago and BTS is the biggest group in general) and because of BTS's importance in HYBE... they literally built that company from the ground up and are very interwined with them.. even now they are referred to as "BTS company" and all mistakes HYBE makes are also reflected back to BTS, this means a lot of army will take it upon themselves to burry or defend any scandal hybe makes since it can damage BTS. We have already seen this happen so many times this past year with all the bullshit HYBE has been pulling, now this isnt to say all Army do this.. obviously not but it explains why a lot of hybe stans are army. I am sure there are also army who greatly dislike HYBE aswell.

The same reason why YGE stans were mostly called VIPs. It's the same thing.

• You're not getting my argument.

MOAs and Engenes have complained many times about HYBE's poor treatment towards their faves and most fans agree in those debates. But whenever we have the same discussions about BTS, there's always a division between the fandom.

This isnt true... I can only speak for MOAs tho not engenes. We don't always agree :huuh:

I think things are just amplified to you because one youre in the fandom and two things get blown up much more since there are more of us

• This isnt true... I can only speak for MOAs tho not engenes. We don't always agree :huuh:

I think things are just amplified to you because one youre in the fandom and two things get blown up much more since there are more of us

The thing I don't get is why are ARMYs in general overprotective towards HYBE? There's a huge difference compared to the other 3rd gen group fandom's relationship with the company. Exols trash SM or Blinks trashing YG. I'm not saying ARMYs should always trash HYBE either. But I don't understand the reason of some fans to feel offended on behalf of the company.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

27dbe724372b809813a823b7367393edb58cad57.gifv

• I think there's a weird connection some ARMYs feel where because BTS built HYBE -- or at least generated the money to buy/create the labels -- any HYBE success can also be a flex for BTS. Like these groups are succeeding because BTS succeeded first.

• I feel this whole company stan thing should mean people who stan most groups from a company automatically just because they're from that company. They also use multiple groups from a company to try and shade groups from other companies. I don't think that most people view it that way though. I feel that HYBE stan has a different meaning outside of the fandom and with-in it. People outside of the fandom only care about trying to annoy ARMYS so they call them HYBE stans to do so. With-in the fandom people who don't agree with the HYBE is ALWAYS trying to sabotage BTS narrative are called HYBE stans.

I honestly don't think HYBE is a great company or a horrible company I just think they're a company. I get called a HYBE stan by some because I'm not always complaining about something HYBE related, and I call out people that I feel are being extra or unreasonable. I've done so because the HYBE is pure evil crowd have made every comeback and music drop over the last couple of years completely miserable. I do feel that some of the people who hate HYBE have some legit complaints, but I feel that at times they also exaggerate reasons to be mad or aren't reasonable when it comes to some business related things. I'm only in this for BTS so I have never thrown BTS under the bus.

TLDR: I can only speak from the perspective of an ARMY. I think people outside the fandom call ARMYs HYBE stans just to annoy them. People with-in the fandom call people who don't hate HYBE, company stans. I honestly don't care about HYBE and don't want to waste time talking about HYBE. If BTS ain't trippin', I ain't trippin'. Once BTS hates HYBE I will too. I also don't think people's hate of HYBE should be infringing on my BTS enjoyment.

Tell'em Bangtan is dancing on the floorImage result for bts dancing gif fire

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!