Which is better, loval popularity or international popularity?

• If the group only popular in one section, which is the best, locally or internationally? Which is better for their career in the future especially after their group started to slowing down or disbanding.

And perhaps you guys having example from any idols to back your answer.

• If you want a loyal fandom that's gonna keep buying your music in the long run,the international fandom is where it's at

K-fans are often times too come-and-go trend driven I feel.

• local is better for the futur carrer.

I know wonyoung is really popular everywhere and ambassador of 8 brands

Her futur is secured in korea

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Local for sure. When KPOP starts losing popularity internationally & ends up being a fan their domestic fans are the only ones they'll be able to rely on

2NE1 was somewhat more popular than SNSD internationally but look which group has more thriving solo careers now.

This actually what I had in mind while doing this thread. Seeing how much better snsd post their peak compare to 2Ne1 now.

• The great majority of the revenue for companies comes from South Korea.

So being big in South Korea is very important.

But some groups can survive with international success.

That is why everyone and their mother is having tours in the USA, the artist probably make more money from them that from their music sales.

I bet groups like Kard only stay alive because of their tours (mostly in Latin America).

Loona is probably going to make more money from their North America tour than they have ever made before.

Everglow is having concerts all over, hopefully they can earn enough to get paid.

• Another example on how international success can be important is T-ara.

After the whole bullshit that happened, they only stayed in business thanks to their success in China.

But even then, you could tell how much it meant to them when they were finally able to have that comeback in Korea, and they were able to get a win on a music show.

• Can you give an idols or group as example?

Like..most boy groups out there? :eyes:

But if I were to give a precise example,SKZ come to mind first.In Korea they're considered nobodies,but who cares when they're huge internationally and are selling millions of albums and holding packed tours,which is where the $$$ is at.

• Local for sure. When KPOP starts losing popularity internationally & ends up being a fan their domestic fans are the only ones they'll be able to rely on

2NE1 was somewhat more popular than SNSD internationally but look which group has more thriving solo careers now.

One group got ditched by its company and another one got so many opportunities maybe wonder girls vs SNSD is a better comparison

• If you want a loyal fandom that's gonna keep buying your music in the long run,the international fandom is where it's at

K-fans are often times too come-and-go trend driven I feel.

I think you are getting the Korean general public/casual listeners mixed up with an actual Korean fanbase.

Korean fans are more loyal in the long term than western fans ( I say western because asian fanbases are generally loyal).

Yg was always bad for the promotion solo carrers for all the members 2ne1 expect CL

Even cl is independant artist now

• Like..most boy groups out there? :eyes:

But if I were to give a precise example,SKZ come to mind first.In Korea they're considered nobodies,but who cares when they're huge internationally and are selling millions of albums and holding packed tours,which is where the $$$ is at.

Ah, I was asking about idols from non active group. All the 4th gen bg still in their peak, bu my question are focusing into which landscape that better for idol future career after their group didn't active or not at their peak anymore.

• only advantage for international popularity is in case of drug scandals. Int fans will be forgiving but korea will end your career

It's depends I guess, BigBang and Psy still having huge popularity in korea after their drug scandal but it's effecting Bom's and 2Ne1 popularity. Or its just bias towards female.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!