SM needs to let AESPA sing live

• I LOVE Aespa’s music, well some of it but whatever. I do however love their concept, their visuals, the girls personalities and all of their actual vocals, but the only person who looks like their enjoying the stage is Ningning and i have a theory that shes also the only person singing live.

Giselle and Karina are like equally sort of enjoying the stage, but not LOVING it, and then Winter sometimes like….. she literally will lipsync either with her like “i dont want to be here” face OR she’ll sing and kind of look like she cares, but then immediately go back to her -.- face and start dancing again.

I feel like this is really because they DON’T enjoy being on stage, especially after coachella. I almost feel bad because they just look like unhappy at this point and like ONLY ningning wants to be there every day. They just dont seem lively i guess and it makes me wonder if its because they arent connecting to the rhythm and song because they dont get to sing when they perform like literally ever.

Thoughts?

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• This is old news. They have been singing live in the showcase, GMA, and the fan meeting and it was great. But I do agree that they should do it more to improve each and every time; plus hopefully this time, their year-end stages are not as dull as last year's.

lt64IYu.gif

• People armchair quarterback this group so much. I’m not sure why you’d assume they’re disappointed they don’t sing live when most Kpop groups don’t most of the time.

I don’t see people bringing this energy for Ive or Lesserafim or any of the other gg that lip sync.. because that’s what happens in Kpop. Like most Kpop groups, they lip sync on stages.

Their energy seems fine here.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And here

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Winter is awkward to me the same way a lot of main vocalists are. When I watch Chen dance in EXO, he’s a little awkward - that’s not what he’s there for - and when I watch Taeil dance in NCT 127 - he’s a little awkward too. That’s not what he’s there for either. They’ve certainly gotten better over the years but they’ll never be a Kai or a Taeyong or even a a Xiumin or a Yuta. Kun has become a much better dancer in WayV with experience but you can still see on his face that he’s thinking about the moves in a way that Ten or YangYang do not.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I don't agree with your post at all, but I agree with your title. I honestly feel like their stage presence improves when they are singing live. It gives a different flavour to the performances. So yes I agree, I wish SM would let Aespa sing live.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

27dbe724372b809813a823b7367393edb58cad57.gifv

• i somehow dont like that aespa is allways the target. because i dont see the problems mainly as a specific problem of aespa. they just happend to be on top while the problem become more obvious.

with kpop going more and more digital and online, live performance and singing became less relevant and because of covid it got even worse. All the new groups didnt even had the chance for live audiences even if they wanted it.

Dont sing live is a general problem in kpop. attacking individual idols in case they lipsync seems baseless. i prefer just appreciate it if they put on the mic and lower the backtrack.

I also think its not the company but the singer who decide how they set their mics. but seeing how critical the audience is in case of mistakes i could understand if many idols fear taking risks or going on stage.

it seems kpop becomes so competitive that it takes the joy from many idols no matter how much they usually like to sing or dance.

• i mean with Giselle - she has bad days and bad performances, she is struggling with choreo too, but if she has a good day she goes with her sensual look throughout the performance, smiling, winking and girlie is feeling herself. She also often has tight clothes and nonexistent makeup, straight hair over and over again. Like it all influences her, she is sensual performer so visible lips and wavy hair is all she needs

Karina and her facials are the best of the group, their latest illusion performance is a perfect example of this. Her energy is good, she knows when to use dynamics and when not, her dancing details add a lot to her too and she is pleasing to watch overall. The problem with her is that when she has straight hair that bothers her or tight clothes, an unstable chest area (and this happens quite often) her quality drops and she looks mad and annoyed. Her makeup is usually non-existent, everything is colorless and there are no interesting hairstyles compared to NingNing with full makeup, red lips and dark shadows or even Winter with new hairstyles, eye catching clothes and more. It makes a big difference.

Winter is good with her center parts, she just isn't consistent. She smiles and winks. She usually makes contact with the camera through her intense gaze and that does the job. She doesn't fit sensual or fierce expressions. She is more elegant, feminie and gentle. This bob has ruined her a bit like she isn't enjoying herself.

Personally, I think you are exaggerating. Stop blaming them. Their stylists just aren't very good at their job. Imagine their coachella stage, with black and red combo outfits, red lips, heavy eye shadows, interesting hairstyles..they would slay but guess what. The same goes for their mama stage. They are only four, the stage is big and black, their clothes are black, they have nothing on their faces, just blank. Choreographies are with small movements, they are always actually struggling not to step on each other by accident. SM management is the problem here.

Edited 2 times, last by hryji ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!