We don’t care what idols did when they were under 15 unless it’s racism

• Ive seen these comments a lot on my tl. And their reasoning is that racism is a systematic problem.however, it could be argued that bullying is a systematic issue in sk given the public reaction to it.

Personally I think either you hold kids under 15 accountable for all things or you don’t.

What do you guys think?

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• well if you acted and seem like a racist when you are 11-12 years old I think it's mostly because no one educated you properly, because after all in Korean elementary schools it's like 99% if not 99.9% full of Korean only kids.

when you act like racist when you are 25 years old, well then it's all on you, and you are a racist

on the other hand when you hit another kid or regularly curse on him when you are 11-12 then you are a bully because I believe everyone learns what you shouldn't do to other people when you are in first classes in elementary school.
    If you have your own brain you can observe how others act and even when your parents on teachers wouldn't tell you this then you will learn through friends how to talk properly to other kids, and how to treat them. Only those twisted would say it's different.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• if they commit premeditated murder or something then yeah, you gotta try em as an adult

Nah We’re talking about stuff in the same category like sexual remarks, bullying, physical violence associated with school etc

• So if their parents teach them to racist that's it? They don't get to realize that what they were taught is wrong and change themselves for the better?

They get to do that. But their racism need to be exposed and they give public apology and even then the people get to still be hurt and not accept. However in the case of bullying when the person under 15. It shouldn’t be made public and the victim should contact the idol in private to solve the issue. (Their opinion by the way)

• Like i said, so many folks are hypocrites on this site.

I have kept the stance that so long you did nothing criminal where you should have been sent to juvy, nothing you did in your younger years should matter.

No man can survive a critical view into his youth and if he can, he was just really good at hiding it.

• I think there are degrees. Sexually harassing someone isn't the same as stealing their milk at lunch. Hitting someone physically is different from name-calling. Being racist as a thirteen-year-old is different than being racist as an eighteen-year-old. Are all these bad? Yes. But nuance is a thing. So false equivalencies don't really help anyone.

Yes, I think kids can be young and stupid, and sometimes cruel. But again, degrees. I learned when I was four not to hit people or touch them when they told you not to. Abstract concepts like racism can be harder for kids to grasp, especially depending on culture. Should people be offended about it? Absolutely. But again, degrees of behaviour are a thing, and degrees of consequence can be too. I think there's a difference between "young and stupid", and "young and harmful in ways that for an adult would be criminal", and that especially if you're willing to own the mistakes you made when you WERE young and stupid and apologize in a genuine way, there should be different consequences for the two. (But yes, if you're doing any of this stuff when you're a grown ass adult, you deserve the callouts and consequences you get 100%.)

• both are wrong and the kid should be held accountable regardless of either one. they're not the same but both cause harm to people, and sometimes they go hand in hand. ANYTHING that causes harm to others should be taken seriously, some things are just worse than others.

"

" svt + blackpink supremacy

final-1.gif

• Bullying destroys lives. At my old school several people killed themselves after being bullied. Kids are kids but not stupid and beating up someone and giving someone a longtime ptsd is something people should be held accountable for. Ignoring these problems gives the victims the message that yes bullying is bad but they were only kids and stupid.

• Bullying destroys lives. At my old school several people killed themselves after being bullied. Kids are kids but not stupid and beating up someone and giving someone a longtime ptsd is something people should be held accountable for. Ignoring these problems gives the victims the message that yes bullying is bad but they were only kids and stupid.

This.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!