Kakao M songs being removed from Spotify???

• I don't think they can do something, at the most they can cancel their distribution but it doesn't change past albums, not sure if they can buy the rights for past albums and not sure if is worthy.

It's probably worth a lawsuit.

Kakao M should face a Class Action for putting the artists in the line of fire of their Corporate War.

They should also be object of an antitrust lawsuit. But the Korean government love their corporations.

• Yea looks like half my playlist is gone rn

win 1000 akorns

• Hopefully this doesn't happen to YT Music. I don't use spotify.
    I'm not up to date with the drama, but is it that bad to have music taken off platforms? (aka someone fill me in lol)

It means any artists under companies who use Kakao M as a distributor can no longer get streams from Spotify.

Basically international fans are now unable to easily stream those artists songs. For example, i am unable to add any IU songs to my playlist on spotify cause of this entire thing

• It means any artists under companies who use Kakao M as a distributor can no longer get streams from Spotify.

Basically international fans are now unable to easily stream those artists songs. For example, i am unable to add any IU songs to my playlist on spotify cause of this entire thing

IU's pre 2018 are still available (i can still play it), post 2018 can't be played.

• It means any artists under companies who use Kakao M as a distributor can no longer get streams from Spotify.

Thank you for the clarification - I use YT music so I don't know what anything spotify related means really. I was thinking of switching over to spotify, but with this maybe YT music is the way to go.

• Corporate greed always wins without consideration the damage it causes to people.

I don't know if it's fault of Spotify or KakaoM's as retaliation for Spotify entering Korean market but I hope it will be resolved soon.

Fans as well as artists are suffering and their income can be affected if it lasts more than few days.

If it's Kakao I don't know why they think it's such a good idea to go to the extreme, it shakes their image of reliable distributor. Companies for sure will think twice before they choose their distributor next time/contract/album. Maybe Spotify is being petty as well. I think it's most likely both sides that are at fault here.

I wholeheartedly miss Google Music, I liked it because as user you had a choice - you could either have paid subscription streaming service or buy each album or song digitally as you pleased. I liked buying digitals and they also allowed you to download your library as back-up. But nothing lasts forever and they replaced it with Youtube Music

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A huge loss

◦•●◉✿ ᙭IᗩOTIᑎG ✿◉●•◦

d9a3de49bc28c7a5b6c0a73f173eca90a9f76372.gifv 74ede67a264db79bb5bdb2d31e267bf2195f5d2b.gifv 4b546b6eb715ab397117bc8b8b867432884f2843.gifv

• Probably that KakaoM wanted to not let their artists in Spotify Korea since it's a direct competition to Melon. And Spotify as retaliation just removed them completely from Spotify.

• Probably that KakaoM wanted to not let their artists in Spotify Korea since it's a direct competition to Melon. And Spotify as retaliation just removed them completely from Spotify.

Yeah it could be that! As the graph showed by Atropos, over 1/3 of industry is affected. Let's hope they quickly settle on agreement.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!