Ok, so Jennie has cornrows( from the teaser photos for the idol)

• gonna put my two cents out there. I'm not bothered by people of different races wearing cornrows or boxbraids etc, as long as it is respectful

example,

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I don't know why Jennie is the only woman who has cornrows, while the other dancer has regular hairstylesEach person can make up their mind about what they feel, and I won't stop anyone from expressing their viewpoints. But I won't drag her. I hope there is some clarification on this, given that this is a very touchy and sensitive topic.

EDIT:There could be reasoning behind this decision, based on her character in the show. Hadn't though about that fact, so edited the OP to add this in. I'll wait and see then eyy.

æ on Twitter:

Edited once, last by ultraaviolet ().

• isn't this the weekend movie or show?

Why did producer and other people oked this?

She is gonna get hate when there were alot of people over her head who probably made this decision

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

She is gonna get hate when there were alot of people over her head who probably made this decision

I doubt they know people would notice. Hollywood is filled with ca and I rarely see a reaction let a lone buzz over it. Kpop fans talk about it more than any fan community afaik.

lt64IYu.gif

tbh, yes this will invite alot of hate and dragging. I still remember lisa's situation.

The weekend isnt the best person IMO :eyes:

• I doubt they know people would notice. Hollywood is filled with ca and I rarely see a reaction let a lone buzz over it. Kpop fans talk about it more than any fan community afaik.

tbh on twitter people get dragged alot for CA. kpop fans do tend to be more vocal about this, and this is why I think it will invite hate towards blackpink sigh

• Obvi I'm not really in a place to talk given the hairstyle isnt of cultural significance to me, I just think that if youre gonna promote in the US then maybe be aware of the nuances?

Like Ive seen comments saying only Americans care about this, and its like, okay but shes in the US, so do as the Romans do when it comes to nuances such as this. She won't get canceled for this I don't think but it's just a weird moment

my opinion. I'm not against others wearing cornrows/boxbraids etc. but, I think this will get backlash for jennie.

it is a pretty big issue here in the us eyy.

• I doubt they know people would notice. Hollywood is filled with ca and I rarely see a reaction let a lone buzz over it. Kpop fans talk about it more than any fan community afaik.

This feels intentional

Like yeah let's put the kpop idol in CA hairstyles and wait for the buzz on the net

Looking at everyone else's hair and then hers, it just feels like a set up

• This feels intentional

Like yeah let's put the kpop idol in CA hairstyles and wait for the buzz on the net

Looking at everyone else's hair and then hers, it just feels like a set up

not sure, it could be given that she's the only one in cornrows.

• I think it's definitely something worth tempering reactions and waiting to see in the context of the show and character. She is after all playing a character, and the character she is playing could very well be some awful wannabe type that does this because THEY don't care. There very well could be a reason why this is occurring within the frame of the character she portrays.

The show very much seems to be a show about awful, vapid people in an awful, vapid, vulgar world, so it's well within the realm of possibility.

Take The Boys for example. Antony Starr says awful, racist, sexist things in it. Because thats the role he plays, NOT him. Chace Crawford plays a dopey rapist, but I don't expect that Chace is, or that he has control enough over the character arc to decide not to.

However if the show comes out and this happens without a context for character or setting, then fine, it's shitty.

• this argument is based on speculation about what it could possibly be.

I just want to address the right now, If the situation evolves I will address it. still, I will be holding out to see any future statements, what happens in the show.

I just want to address the right now, If the situation evolves I will address it. still, I will be holding out to see any future statements, what happens in the show.

But addressing the right now, without knowing the full context that it's depicted in, is very kneejerk and almost smells of drama for the sake of it.

Eg Jisoo and Snowdrop situation.

• the general feeling of the thread, but when its other idols its automatic hate.

well, i wasn't active during the lisa issue so I didn't address it. I'm not a hateful person and tbh I've never dragged other idols for this. do you want me to be oh she should get hate?

I'm not gonna drag any idol over scandals like these. plus, my opinion is that I don't care if people wear cornrows. People who do care, they will ofc have different opinions.

• But addressing the right now, without knowing the full context that it's depicted in, is very kneejerk and almost smells of drama for the sake of it.

Eg Jisoo and Snowdrop situation.

ok, if that's your take that's your take. I've made may positive threads about blackpink and jennie, tbh I'm not much into creating drama.

• its not just lisa many idols get hate ofc there are some people like me who think its fine, but double standards just because shes loved on the forum will be quite obvious

eyy, I don't really have anything to add to that lol.

I mean she'll be dragged in anons most likely. But I mean I don't care much for discussing who gets dragged most and to what degree, they are all pretty useless and depressing metrics to examine.

• External Content www.youtube.com

other than one thread, my threads are virtually all about simping and flirting lol.

• ok, if that's your take that's your take. I've made may positive threads about blackpink and jennie, tbh I'm not much into creating drama.

I'm more blanket statementing about the whole situation, not just your take on it.

Many people are running off half cocked on this and I just think it's definitely a wait and see thing.

• Context:

This is not another one of those ignorant kpop company doing CA.

It's an american production.

Jennie's just an extra in the show and not even on the cast list so kindly forward complaints to the costume department or the producers like HBO.

The Idol (TV Series) - IMDb
    The Idol: Created by Reza Fahim, Sam Levinson, The Weeknd. With The Weeknd, Lily-Rose Depp, Troye Sivan, Debby Ryan. A self-help guru and leader of a…
    www.imdb.com

• i know what you're talking about, ultra is misinformed fake blink

crying in my clown hat rn.

Crying Clown GIFs | Tenor

my blinkhood is being taken away from me from totally legit aespa stan ripia becuase I don't know all the tea about blackpink </3

• I’m not a blink and haven’t been since 2020 and I know what they’re talking about, and when that happened I only focused on twice. like, exclusively twice.

ok, am officialy fake blink. :pepe-clown-gear: gotta pack my bags and leave akp now. moving back under my rock.

Living Under A Rock GIFs | Tenor

• If "they" did it in private and not just to rub salt and throw Lisa more under the bus (like the Brazilian girl did). Seems like u don't even know what I am talking about so bye

Under A Rock GIFs | Tenor

I leave akp for months to live under a rock. don't come for me </3</3</3

But this is a very weird stance lol I thought this was her style for some real world thing and not a show.

The stylistic choices what happen for fictional characters actors play can’t be judged without context.

• But this is a very weird stance lol I thought this was her style for some real world thing and not a show.

The stylistic choices what happen for fictional characters actors play can’t be judged without context.

well, you do have a point there. tbh, I hadn't really considered this point of view.

• is this the one directed by the weeknd?

and there are black people around her in that screenshot, how come no one said anything?

idk why this is a jennie's problem or that you are disappointed in her

if black people around her tell her it's okay (and she's from New Zealand) why is it her fault? Make it make sense. ofc you are free to feel however you feel but im just giving my 2 cents. she didn't do it maliciously, and she was around people who knew better yet they all agree she should appear with that hairstyle so it seem this rage is more relevant on the internet than irl

• I'm more blanket statementing about the whole situation, not just your take on it.

Many people are running off half cocked on this and I just think it's definitely a wait and see thing.

tbh, hadn't thought much about this before. you do have a point, its better to wait and see before placing judgement.

I wouldn't have an issue with the cornrows either way.

• Take The Boys for example. Antony Starr says awful, racist, sexist things in it. Because thats the role he plays, NOT him. Chace Crawford plays a dopey rapist, but I don't expect that Chace is, or that he has control enough over the character arc to decide not to.

However if the show comes out and this happens without a context for character or setting, then fine, it's shitty.

You mean superheroes in shows....dont actually have superpowers?

pepe-ooh

• This thread contains 24 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!