JYP should make a history and become the first ever company in the industry to ever apologize for a bad music in order to save Itzy

• Why would they do that?

Because they have been bad boy™️

jk kinda, but that's one of the things that can happen on here when you break the rules and are issued warning points... the mods can disable your dp and sig.

They'll get it back eventually... I think idk I never had it happen to me.

:pepe-shrug:

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• I don't think JYPE care much anymore outside of physicals and touring for their girl groups.

JYPE have become adept and now excel at building fandoms for their girl groups.

When Signal came out it still hit number one and was domestically more popular than 99% of JYPE's recent output, but its performance led to an "emergency" meeting within JYPE due to the reception. JYPE songs have been struggling for a few years now in SK and they make the same mistakes every time, that at this point it's hard to call them mistakes. Either incompetence or it's their plan.

Physicals don't come from nowhere, mate, you gotta put your group out there somehow. Of course there are many ways to do that, but easiest is a hit song. Even for boy groups songs matter, despite many people thinking otherwise. Compare Stray Kids pre God's Menu and after. Yes, it didn't top Korean charts, but it was a hit with Kpop fans. The point is Itzy's song works for none. If JYP was indeed chasing album sales and international popularity with his "plan" he should've given them generic bangers. Sneakers, the way it sounds, definitely seems like it was targeting kcharts instead.

• There are a lot of things to unpack here.

First of all, quality of some of those songs and chart potential are questionable. You might personally like Scientist, M&M or FS, it is your subjective opinion, but those songs were doomed, as they are not catchy or memorable enough for the public.

Second, Twice has a severe lack of promotion in Korea. In Korea TV is everything. You can literally witness it right now seeing how WSG topped charts with two songs just for appearing in Yoo Jae Suk's show. There are many other examples from the past as well, like when a song Lee Hyori talked about went viral or when Oh My Girl surprised everyone by debuting on top of the charts. Everyone was like "what?" without realizing OMG have been promoting on varieties for the past year.

Going back to Twice, they put out a lot of content, which fools people into thinking that Twice is constantly promoting, but the fact is they don't. They haven't been properly promoting in Korea since 2018, they just put out stuff. And K Onces have been complaining a lot about it lately, since Scientist, when they were all reporting that none of their normie friends knew about Twice comeback.

• It's not just bad charting.....

People here crying Cry for Me and ICSM didn't chart well in Korea but Ifans loved it.

I loved Loco and I believe most Midzy did too.

But 2022 has been a nightmare

Scientist mess

O.o. mess

Sneakers mess

They don't know how to fucking choose tts anymore in any division it seems

• Or maybe it's all part of the big plan of JYP

To release one of the worst gg song of the year so people think " well next time i'm not expecting something very good for itzy"

So for their next comeback he'll drop one of their best song to shock all of you, and bcuz you didn't have any expectations you'll find the song better than you thought it would be and hype it to the moon

And then took all of you by surprise and giving you the feelings that he listen and understood the complaint

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• lol funny but Sneakers is a bop. Itzy has only had one flop song, Loco, every other title track is good to SOTY quality (eg Mafia was the third best song of 2021).

I don't know if you're sarcastic Or not when you say that sneakers is a better song than loco and loco is the worst tt of itzy

Because if you're not sarcastic, sweetie you need to do something for these ears 😮

Loco is easily one of their best tt, the only song where they are able to show more maturity and an evolution as a group while still being able to go back to their root with a more fun and addictive sound

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• Stop using crappy 3rd-rate western producers.

Offer BEP too much money to refuse, hell as much as I dislike the man use Jhun, or Mospick, Collapsedone or Poptime. Fuck use Soyeon if it comes to it. Is Kush still out of jail?

All I see from many of these mediocre songs is 3rd rate producers and no-name westerners. They can afford better.

And why get Galacticka to only do lyrics? I think they did pretty decent with Alive, why didn't they compose?

• Physicals don't come from nowhere, mate, you gotta put your group out there somehow. Of course there are many ways to do that, but easiest is a hit song. Even for boy groups songs matter, despite many people thinking otherwise. Compare Stray Kids pre God's Menu and after. Yes, it didn't top Korean charts, but it was a hit with Kpop fans. The point is Itzy's song works for none. If JYP was indeed chasing album sales and international popularity with his "plan" he should've given them generic bangers. Sneakers, the way it sounds, definitely seems like it was targeting kcharts instead.

For every Stray Kids there's multiple groups adding huge amounts to their alum sales without hit songs. Itzy have been adding 200k every comeback recently despite none of their songs hitting. If the easiest was a hit song everyone would be doing it but the market at its current saturation means that's not the easiest. Stray Kids took a long time to get to a hit song.

It's no longer as easy to promote your music domestically, and with JYPE getting more and more groups comebacks will be more time pressured as well.

The last part of your post comes down to my point about incompetence vs plan. The only change we've heard about song selection at JYPE is that before idols at the company used to all get a listen and have an opinion, but now that doesn't happen so it's purely up to the song selection committee. Maybe they think Sneakers is a generic and easy to listen to song? Twice have still been increasing international reach with bright pop songs and that is more of a forte for JYPE

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!