JYPE really sabotaged Itzy

• the checkmate concept made everyone excited for the comeback, then they decided to release that sneakers teaser that made everyone confused and mad

so I understand that I lot of people decided not to check this comeback because of that, it wasn't what people were expecting

I don't hate the song but I wish jyp would put more effort into them

• the checkmate concept made everyone excited for the comeback, then they decided to release that sneakers teaser that made everyone confused and mad

so I understand that I lot of people decided not to check this comeback because of that, it wasn't what people were expecting

I don't hate the song but I wish jyp would put more effort into them

yeah they kinda kill those royal queen hype.

sometimes I even wonder, what if they do it in the reversed order?
    those sneaker poster first and then the queen poster..

• I think JYP killed all the hype for this comeback with the messy teasing

1. i think Sneakers would had ended better without the Royal concept, at least fans knew what to expect so if JYP wanted Sneakers, they should had went with Sneakers concept

2. Sneakers teasers were EXTREMELY CHEAP, i actually started to delulu myself that fans are correct and JYP is putting a prank and thats because how cheap the teasers were looking, i saw nugus putting better teasers

3. Hyping royal concept only to release Sneakers is criminal, whoever thought is gonna work should be fired

4. What a waste of royal concept for a song like Sneakers

5. Sneakers as a song is not that great but with proper teasing and hype would had ended better, by the time the song was released there were almost no hype left after the messy promo period

• For me atleast the problem is not the song per se, in the end is about music taste if you like it or not. My problem is the promos, and the concept of the comeback after what Itzy has shown. With the performances in Mama and other shows the group gained a lot of notoriety. So, why they dont go with a song with heavy choreo? also the promos, what the hell they were thinking with that first teaser, promising something very different to what the TT really is. I believe if they promise something and later they give a very different thing, by inertia people are going to hate this new thing because it feels strange, odd. To what audience JYP is speaking to? I believe Racer with a very heavy choreo would have work much better. Now my only hope is what the old man say, the next song is his favorite, i trust in his taste. Lets see

This is a really great point. One of Itzy's biggest point of differences against the 4th gen gg landscape is their dance and performance ability. No one else is even close (other than NMIXX). Why didn't they lean into their biggest strengths?

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• This is a really great point. One of Itzy's biggest point of differences against the 4th gen gg landscape is their dance and performance ability. No one else is even close (other than NMIXX). Why didn't they lean into their biggest strengths?

Maybe Jyp wanted to polish Nmixx this year. Besides, Itzy has always danced in difficult choreographies since their debut, I don't think they need to prove anything about it. I think they should have continued the Mafia in the Morning style for a while. Everyone fell for Itzy back then. It was the right direction in terms of style and concept. Itzy fans didn't like it because they came back to Icy style. Overseas fans always like Girlcrush songs no matter what.

• I don't know If "sabotage" is the right word to describe what they are doing to ITZY, because I don't think they have any intention to hurt the popularity of one of their biggest moneymakers. It is just incompetence.

They clearly don't have a direction of what they could do to suit ITZY's colors and the taste of most people at the same the best anymore.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• It's pretty classic JYPE.

I'm curious how much worse it's going to get with an increasing amount of groups. Promos for groups already feeling more rushed than normal with them throwing everything out as quickly as possible.

• In what world does selling 700k+ Albums constitute as sabotague ESPECIALLY when Itzy will get paid more for Album Sales and literally nothing for Digital Sales?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!