Which BTS member will have the most success with their solo album?

• Now that one member has just released an album, who will y'all think would be the most successful among them? my bet is on jimin and suga(jungkook too?)

1. Suga, because i think by constantly releasing songs and producing songs he has understood what public likes..atleast to some extent. The songs are hit or miss sometimes that's a given. He has got the most experience and has put out bangers like eight and that that(both were GP hit) i know they are collabs and other artists are already established in korea. Here i am talking about his producing skills. He knows what people like. If daechwita was released as a solo song it would have been a hit or atleast would have done average. In short he knows public taste and is working on his vocals too so i am thinking his songs will do the well

2. Jimin. Because unlike other members i think he will have the most *idol* like debut. Including promotions too with music show and etc... he said he is staying with producers to get an image and sound of his album. I am sure the producers he has been working with already knows what he is capable of and that's what makes me bet on him. Already established producers are safer bet than bts vocal line trying to do everything by themselves (not saying they are not capable because many of them have released the songs i love A LOT like magic shop and blue and grey and are a hit too) Another thing with jimin is his vocal tone is very pretty and almost all his solos are fandom favourites and are successful. The genre he goes for are popular and you add his dancing in it, that's a recipe for a hit. He is the safest bet for me in vocal line.

3. Jungkook- He will do the best no doubt if the songs he put are anything like euphoria and still with you. I am not sure about it if he releases songs like my time and stay alive..they didn't age well like the other two.. neither for me nor for the fandom. The only reason i am putting him here at 3 is that.. that they are a hit or miss BUT If the songs do hit, he is going to be unstoppable. Might achieve the group level success of not atleast closer to it. And everyone's bet is on him.

4. Taehyung: His solo osts which reached GP did so well in charts but not the songs like stigma and singularity(in korea). It all depends on the reach the songs get. But then again those songs are years old so i don't know if he will do anything like that again. By seeing the snippets he has released they are completely different from the songs he released few years back.

If he sticks with snow flower, travel with me and sleep/dream snippets like sounds he will do well.. these songs have a potential if they reach gp with good promotion. He has a strong fanbase backing him up but them again if hybe screws them all like they did hobi even the strongest fanbase can't do anything.

RM, is already established and i loved mono but then again it's been 3 years since it was released so i don't know what sound he is going for his solo. The only reason he would not do well on charts is because of the fandom itself, they are not supportive to him as they are for others(y'all can deny how much ever you can) more than other he needs gp by his side because just like hobi he doesn't have strong fanbase either.

Jin said he would be the last to release his album which i think will be released once he comes out of military. So i do hope he releases a single atleast like super tuna before that and makes some appearance in variety show. I feel hybe might give him a variety show in the future (they should if they have brains and want to promote their artists to the GP because none of them are known to the gp except new gg)

• Looking at Hobi's release, they might go for experimental music, especially rap-line since they got the skills for it. Yoongi said he wanted to try a different genre in the dinner party so it might not be gp-friendly. Hobi is capable of releasing gp-friendly music too but he went ahead and did the 180 degree reversal so... brace yourself :pepe-pray:

For maknae-lineand Jin, I agree with your takes.

Edited once, last by Onewbias ().

• I agree with you on Jimin having most idol-like rollout, bc I feel like Jungkook will probably go main pop boy!route? As in releasing several english collabs before english album? And like you said, when he hits big, he has potential to even mimic BTS numbers.

Truly cant wait for Yoongi too, he knows how to make bangers. So Far Away was very well-loved in forums and they all complained it’s not on streaming services. RM’s .mono was also quite a hit and I feel like if he went mono route, GP will like it.

• am i the only one who thinks jimin will take a new route

like his weverse interview was very intriguing and he said he wants to be more explicit

JIMIN: I just think I can show something a little more raw about me. That might include a more mature side, too, but what I’m really interested in is showing something closer to my real, personal rawness directly in a format like music or music videos. By doing so, I think maybe I can show something I never have before.

What do you mean by “raw,” exactly?

Jimin: Like, something that shows the things I usually think about a little more honestly? My thoughts are already well-represented on BTS’ albums, but, you know, some of the older members have already dealt with some darker material on their solo mixtapes. I think I’m trying to do something similar.

THIS GOT ME SO EXCITED + I HOPE WE GET A YOONMIN SONG

• And I'll never forgive taehyung for not releasing travel with me studio version.

Right? It would have been picked up by IG and YouTube shorts/vlogs. The song has potential for being a sleeper hit. But he has said he already deleted it😭 imagine if he has deleted such a pretty song how good the new ones might be🧐

• Right? It would have been picked up by IG and YouTube shorts/vlogs. The song has potential for being a sleeper hit. But he has said he already deleted it😭 imagine if he has deleted such a pretty song how good the new ones might be🧐

That song was a certified hit 😭😭 I cannot wait for kth1.

• Looking at Hobi's release, they might go for experimental music, especially rap-line since they got the skills for it. Yoongi said he wanted to try a different genre in the dinner party so it might not be gp-friendly. Hobi is capable of releasing gp-friendly music too but he went ahead and did the 180 degree reversal so... brace yourself :pepe-pray:

For maknae-lineand Jin, I agree with your takes.

That could happen because hobi did completely change his sound. The reason everyone was counting on him to do well was his previous releases ego and chicken noodle soop had choreos and were fun..may be everyone expected the same? I just hope they don't look at the charts and change the musical route they are going for and opt for safer options.

• That song was a certified hit 😭😭 I cannot wait for kth1.

KTH1 is my dream for 5 years:( He is going to serve the looks, aesthetics and vocals. Did you see how happy he was in the vlog talking about the album? He is like a kid who is given freedom to do whatever he wants for the first time in his life and taehyung loves freedom like no one else. My baby 😭

• KTH1 is my dream for 5 years:( He is going to serve the looks, aesthetics and vocals. Did you see how happy he was in the vlog talking about the album? He is like a kid who is given freedom to do whatever he wants for the first time in his life and taehyung loves freedom like no one else. My baby 😭

It's such a good time to be a taehyung stan. He looks genuinely happy these days, I cannot wait for his next move. He's always surprising us 😭😭 I hope he gets to do everything he's been wanting to try ❤️ that whole convo about his album in vlog makes me more excited about it , he has a great taste I trust him with the whole process.

• He means he wants to show his mature self and i still think he is going to go for pop which could fit his dancing styles too..

And i really don't want collabs between the members, all the hype will go to that song because army are starving for any BTS interactions at this point lol members should focus completely on the image they are trying to give out instead and ofcourse there's nothing wrong if they themselves want to do it.

• I would say Jungkook. He fits the standard for a solo artist the most which doesn't mean the other doesn't. I just have to choose the most successful member and that will be Jk in my opinion. But only time will tell.

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• It's such a good time to be a taehyung stan. He looks genuinely happy these days, I cannot wait for his next move. He's always surprising us 😭😭 I hope he gets to do everything he's been wanting to try ❤️ that whole convo about his album in vlog makes me more excited about it , he has a great taste I trust him with the whole process.

He is going to feed us so well he knows we were deprived of content few years back and were starving so he won't hold back. Do you think his album will release this year? I think he might do that so he can focus on acting next year.

• He is going to feed us so well he knows we were deprived of content few years back and were starving so he won't hold back. Do you think his album will release this year? I think he might do that so he can focus on acting next year.

I think we'll get the album next year and tbh I'd rather have an album next year than December, but he seems interested in many other fields as well so I don't think he's going to sit around just working behind the scenes till next year, I'm hoping for some solo content this year as well. 🙏

• I honestly don't know, it depends on music they release. I don't think their names will help them in the long run. Regardless of the sound they choose their debut will get them media attention but to be really successful their songs need to click with gp.

I need to add that I'm worried that none of the members will have an actual physical copy :( i think that talking about sales can hype up their work too

• I honestly don't know, it depends on music they release. I don't think their names will help them in the long run. Regardless of the sound they choose their debut will get them media attention but to be really successful their songs need to click with gp.

I need to add that I'm worried that none of the members will have an actual physical copy :( i think that talking about sales can hype up their work too

Hobi said in the interview every decision was made by him, he was involved in every aspect. So maybe others will get the physical copy.

• Hobi said in the interview every decision was made by him, he was involved in every aspect. So maybe others will get the physical copy.

I think he didn't and don't care about sales, he just wants to perform his music. Fans would like to own a physical copy of his album tho so his decision kind of makes me sad

• I think we'll get the album next year and tbh I'd rather have an album next year than December, but he seems interested in many other fields as well so I don't think he's going to sit around just working behind the scenes till next year, I'm hoping for some solo content this year as well. 🙏

Me too but knowing his love for december and winter sjdhdhdhd

I would be so pissed if I don't get kth1 vinyl. One of the reason for the fear is knowing whether will we get their second album? Or is it a one time thing and if they don't click with gp back to being a group? Even that is not going to help with enlistment looming over their head. If only the company gave them 10% of what the members gave them. It's crazy how much they held them back..gives me chills.

• I would be so pissed if I don't get kth1 vinyl. One of the reason for the fear is knowing whether will we get their second album? Or is it a one time thing and if they don't click with gp back to being a group? Even that is not going to help with enlistment looming over their head. If only the company gave them 10% of what the members gave them. It's crazy how much they held them back..gives me chills.

We will definitely get 2nd album. When? With the enlistment coming, I'd say sooner rather than later. They'll try to do both group and solos, i have no doubts in that.

They couldn't have debut earlier. If I'm not mistaken they said they would have debuted solo after they'd finished with the world tour in 2020 but then the pandemic happened. If i do remember correctly and that's true, d-2 might have been the first solo album but due to pandemic he ended up releasing it for free.

Pandemic worked in their favour, they even got nominated for two grammys.

• I don’t think the success part of their solo releases is as important as the fact that they can each do what they want and present their individual selves to the world. Obviously, they will all do well because of their huge fan bases.

That being said, I’m most excited for Jimin and Jungkook’s solos. Mainly because I think they’re both the most pop star like members

I can see them both serving fun bops + choreo and that’s kinda what I want. Also, I know Jungkook is super ambitious and I can easily see him going full throttle with western collabs and promotion.

• I agree with OP. Suga, Jungkook, and Jimin's styles are more suited to the general public. Taehyung himself is also aware that his favorite style of music is not liked by the general public or even by the fandom. But does he care? I don't think so. I think Taehyung will only release songs that he wants and likes just like the songs he released before. It won't bring him chart success, but it will bring a different kind of satisfaction.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Yes my bet is on jimin too. All his solo songs are best and most well known. He has strong fanbase. Except usa he will do the best everywhere. Suga will be successful as producer but as solo artist his rap stylr and songs are very agresive. Will not be digestible to public.

• Half of the members are not even about to cater to kpop so we will see. As long as BTS have fans who move in the kpop circles they will not get their proper due. For them to truly get the success they deserve they need to stop being kpop.

• I agree with OP. Suga, Jungkook, and Jimin's styles are more suited to the general public. Taehyung himself is also aware that his favorite style of music is not liked by the general public or even by the fandom. But does he care? I don't think so. I think Taehyung will only release songs that he wants and likes just like the songs he released before. It won't bring him chart success, but it will bring a different kind of satisfaction.

that's what makes him super hot

• Half of the members are not even about to cater to kpop so we will see. As long as BTS have fans who move in the kpop circles they will not get their proper due. For them to truly get the success they deserve they need to stop being kpop.

Do they have the time for making their own name in non k-pop fields now when the enlistment is right in the corner?(only jk has) Do you think the company will be generous enough to give them multiple chances to get hits when there are like seven of them? I personally don't think so. That's why only people who are catering to kpop market with pop songs will do well. Initially though. Not talking about long term here.

• JK for sure, he has everything to succeed... except that his personal taste in music is a bit cringe :pepe-cringe:. He's got the voice, the looks, and the dance skills. But his releases are a bit of a hit or miss. Stuff like Euphoria and Still with you, and even his input in Your Eyes tell are amazing. But then there's Stay and his playlists on vlives :pepe-cringe: They're very poppy, chart climbing music. Charlie's song is being supported by his stans, but overall the reaction to it was... eh. And before you say JK is just a feature on th3 song, well it really fits his personal taste haha.

In summary, he has the voice to have AMAZING songs, but his own taste might ruin it.

• Yes my bet is on jimin too. All his solo songs are best and most well known. He has strong fanbase. Except usa he will do the best everywhere. Suga will be successful as producer but as solo artist his rap stylr and songs are very agresive. Will not be digestible to public.

Can't see why ~ if he does well, he would do well everywhere including the USA. If you mean another member may do the best in the US and lose to Jimin everywhere else ~ I doubt that. I think if any of them going to have a successful hit, that member will do the best including USA and everywhere else.

I agree with OP, all of BTS is going to release music they personal like, so Jungkook and Jimin probably will probably have the most successful solo because their personal taste is most similar to GP's taste. But I disagree with Suga. He know GP taste but doesn't mean he will make GP friendly music. He said a long time ago he and RM agreed to make a compromise by producing more GP friendly sounds with BTS. Now they have achieved everything they ever wanted, I don't see why he would want to continue compromising. Chapter 2 is when they explore and release whatever they want because they more than earned it.

• This thread contains 48 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!