Aespa's Choreography is lackluster

• This is my opinion, as usual, different strokes for different folks.

I think Aespa's choreo is lackluster, awkward, and seriously hinders their performances. I must say, out of all their choreo's black mamba is my favorite though I must say the execution could be a whole lot better. But after that, it simply get too difficult for them to properly execute and looks horribly awkward on stage. it is clear that they are not strong dancers, which is why I don't understand the need to have choreo that requires precision to look good. It only makes it all the more obvious when the members are out of synk or out of formation.

I also have a nit to pick with the facial expressions. I don't think an AI concept means you need to have zero facial expressions, in fact in their mvs they have a variety of facial expressions. What I don't get then, is why they cannot emote on stage. I, personally, think its because they are focusing on trying to keep up with the choreo and the camera rather than enjoying the performance. Seriously, it often seems to me that only Karina is trying to emote and enjoy the performance.

Ok, end of rant. Had to get these thoughts off my mind, also akorns :akorns::eyes:

• BLACK MAMBA YESSSS!!

I had learnt the whole choreo by myself and I feel BM is second most simple choreo to exist in their career. BUT it fits the song very well and nothing feels awkward. We can see their energy and facial expression in the debut stage.

While Illusion is a mix of complex and simple steps, it also fits the song and the girls dont look awkward, they rather enjoy alot performing it.

While I just remember the hook step of NEXT LEVEL AND SAVAGE, other steps weren't memorable.

• not entirely the same opinion, but my only gripe is the dance breaks, especially for savage and girls. I wish the choreographers would give them better stuff, or rather stuff that would better suit them.

tbh I found the dance break pointless.

• black mamba is where they perform the best imo, especially with the back up dancers and the beat drop. Karina also slays the facial expressions. Illusion is a good choreo, what I get frustrated with is execution tbh.

Next level, is iconic though I find it uninteresting to watch .

Savage is awkward on stage, without good camerawork IMO.

• I mean girls is just horrible but savage is good imo

savage is decent IMO, I think its simply not suited for stage performances without good camerawork.

• Who's the choreographer?

they get different demos and in-house choreographers puts bits and pieces together from what I know.

I wouldn't say the choreo is terrible, it simply lack luster for aespa and does them no favors usually.

• i feel like their choreographer is an anti

dunno, but I think it keeps their performances from being the best they could.

• Their choreography started to be questionable after they decided to spreading their legs in Savage and now Sailor Moon pose in Girls. Honestly is impossible to make a good expression during that pose. The choreographer to blame. They need to stop setting them up.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Their choreography started to be questionable after they decided to spreading their legs in Savage and now Sailor Moon pose in Girls. Honestly is impossible to make a good expression during that pose. The choreographer to blame. They need to stop setting them up.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

tbh, yeah there are some very questionable moves. And aespa themselves look uncomfortable during those moves as well sigh.

• dunno, but I think it keeps their performances from being the best they could.

idk i remember watching their black mamba stages and thought they did pretty good for a debut?? they had good expressions, did the choreo well. but it's almost like they're regressing as performers which seems so weird to me because it should be the exact opposite

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• AGREED. Its really not interesting to watch at all. When they did GMA you could clearly see how bad the choreography truly was. Nothing fun or interesting. Mostly hand movements. Really let the song down...

choreo with lots of hand movements requires PRECISION and SYNCHRONIZATION, which aespa lack. Seriously they could be much more dynamic on stage without this stuff IMO.

• I also think BM had the best choreography. It's not that they are unable to perform better dances but their choreographer isn't doing them justice with Girls especially, though I seriously think it's their best tt yet

At this point, I just listen to their songs becuase vocals are on point. The performances I ignore.......

• I've never loved their choreography in general, but their strong vocals, concept, and visuals are enough for me to be a big fan. in other words, I don't care if their choreo is good or bad.

well different strokes for different folks. Their performances are what keeps me from fully stanning tbh. I stream their songs becuase great vocals and try and ignore the performances.

• I do agree for Girls, especially the chorus parts. It's banging then they're doing little jumps like kids. :pepe-hips:

it's strange....sigh :pepe-shame:

• Their stage presence has improved, but they definitely have a long way to go. So I can understand someone being critical of their performances whether it be due to their lack of great choreo or the fact that they just aren't consistently strong singing live.

I'm a DC stan and while they have a much smaller fanbase than the big gg's they are great performers and it's part of their appeal.

I would like to see how they improve tbh, it would be interesting. Though SM doesn't seem to be trying to fix the choreo.

Great performances are important for me lol, I mean I am a beyonce stan.

• I think aespa need energy based choreos not precision based which is why not only BM is their best choreo but is also the only choreo which they feel themselves and no one lacked, maybe need more practice time too

Girls is a disaster, especially the chorus and dance break and frankly not sure why they are inserting dance breaks when they don't go hard on it.

• they can go for a different choreographer or practice more on their dancing and precision to improve their performance but the overall intensity and difficulty of the choreography shouldn't be more than it is now.

there's no point in pushing for more intense and difficult choreo if they cant sing live at the same time.

I've seen their Girls performance video and they seemed fine singing live with the current level of intensity and difficulty.

so I'm fine with their choreo

and as for how the choreo actually looks when performed, well personally I'm fine with it but I can see why people would not like it.

hence why there could be choreographer change or better choreo made to suit in the future.

• I think Black Mamba and Illusion choreography most suit well their style. :thumbup: I hope they continue to produce choreographies that combine that kind of fluid and powerful movements. Savage doesn't make you want to dance. On the contrary, the Black Mamba choreography was how many times I tried the chorus part when it came out. ^^:thumbup:

• Tbh, i hope their choreographer realizes that u dont need to have more difficult choreos to make good choreos. They seriously need to find what works for them the best, cause they keep missing the mark.

Also illusion has good parts in it but they lack the power and charisma required to perform it live and pull it off.

• Can we appreciate karina though I watched the girls performance on gma and she executed the dance perfectly imo

Karina is the most consistent performer and puts in the effort, which I quite appreciate. I look at her the most during performances.

• I think aespa need energy based choreos not precision based which is why not only BM is their best choreo but is also the only choreo which they feel themselves and no one lacked, maybe need more practice time too

Girls is a disaster, especially the chorus and dance break and frankly not sure why they are inserting dance breaks when they don't go hard on it.

They lack energy during the dance break which just makes it look even more awkward sigh

• This thread contains 48 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!