In defense of aespa's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade performance...

• you have a solid point! <3

• SM has an incredible track record of putting artists into extremely uncomfortable and awkward situations.

Example:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

mate, as if I don't know...I can't even be bothered to google the receipts

• It kind of annoys people are pressed about one "bad" performance. I mean, it wasn't that bad for the reasons you said- this setup was hard to work with to begin with, and they did the best they could, but one okayish/bad performance isn't the end of the world.

People over here who aren't familiar with Kpop have been finding it weird since forever. Obviously with the global expansion of Kpop, it's a bit less stigmatized, but there are always people who find it cringe. Older folks usually wouldn't get it as they don't listen to it, so I wouldn't expect aespa in this one performance to like... change people's minds on it.

Like idk I kind of feel like people pointing fingers at aespa being "a bad representation of kpop" are being a bit much.They weren't a bad representative of kpop at all, but even if the performance was "good", idk life would probably go on. Like you said, middle aged people watching this might find it odd anyways since Savage is an experimental track and these people probably don't care for kpop to begin with tbh...

Sorry, the point I'm getting at is one awkward performance isn't the worst thing to happen. Aespa will live and we'll live, y'know?

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Without an actual English song, they should have done something like Forever or just skipped the choreo and done something more high energy like Yeppi Yeppi.

NCT actually had members step off the float to do choreo. It helped distract from the fact that the ones on the float had no room to actually do most of the choreo.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

idk how many people have been in a holiday parade, but tbh they suck ass. You're just stuck on a float, smelling truck exhaust for a couple of hours and have to wave at people.

• Damn, you wrote a whole essay here :)

People were just saying that the general population won't get Savage.

And I said Next level would have been better to promote since a lot more people know it.

Three of them have got a cold over that, because they were in skimpy outfits in a very cold weather.

So yeah, blame SM, stop writing fiction please. Nobody was attacking Aespa in this thread.

• ??? Where was I referring to anyone in this thread? I was moreso talking in a general sense about people calling aespa a "not good representation of kpop" for this performance. Or using it as an excuse to attack aespa. and getting pressed over the performance. I don't disagree that a different song choice would've been better, but I don't agree with those specific sentiments that I have seen. I only brought this up because it's relevant to the topic and I wanted to vent a little. I'm not here to attack anyone in this thread in particular because y'all aren't the ones I'm frustrated with lol.

I can honestly still see the people not being that into the performance for the reasons I stated even if the song choice was different, but yeah maybe it would have gone over better with a safer song choice. SM definitely should have tried to play it smarter.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• ??? Where was I referring to anyone in this thread? I was moreso talking in a general sense about people calling aespa a "not good representation of kpop" for this performance. Or using it as an excuse to attack aespa. and getting pressed over the performance. I don't disagree that a different song choice would've been better, but I don't agree with those specific sentiments that I have seen. I only brought this up because it's relevant to the topic and I wanted to vent a little. I'm not here to attack anyone in this thread in particular because y'all aren't the ones I'm frustrated with lol.

I can honestly still see the people not being that into the performance for the reasons I stated even if the song choice was different, but yeah maybe it would have gone over better with a safer song choice. SM definitely should have tried to play it smarter.

ok, you were venting, I get that

• I agree here. They handled NCT just right for the event - they performed an English language song, one of their softer tracks, stepped off the float to perform and had a choreo that worked well for the environment. The only knock I’d have is that the cameramen didn’t know who to shoot. LOL

External Content twitter.com

It’s also worth noting that NCT was a three year old group on a world tour atp who had been grinding out interviews and shows across the US, so not 1 year old rookies in front of one of their first live crowds.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Three of them have got a cold over that, because they were in skimpy outfits in a very cold weather.

That's not how you catch a cold though. Being exposed to cold air can make symptoms you already have worse, but you get the cold from a virus.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!