The way CUBE ruined this group when they were giving such amazing performances

• They could've been legends but CUBE... Ehhhh

External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• While I was never a huge fan of CLC and never got into their hype, I am happy they got a win before they disbanded

External Content www.youtube.com

"We're always with InSomnia, we can spend more time, beyond limits together!"

• For all the positive talk in this thread CLC always had a very small fanbase and low numbers on every metric, they could never grow even with songs like Black Dress and Me aimed at ifans. Idk man, sometimes a group just doesn't cut it despite having talent, visuals, etc cause other groups take the spotlight and theres only so much love and attention to go around.

Sad news is that lightsum seems to be moving in a similar direction despite higher sales, they get no attention or buzz with their comebacks and they haven't grown at all.

• The girls had it all a visuals that could appeal to both international and local fans, great charisma, amazing and they could right their own songs but unfortunately cube never let express their creativity and i really don't know why I think if cube let them handle their music and concept they could've became much bigger

CLC pushed hard for Hobgoblin (with help for Hyuna) and it charted worse in Korea then their previous songs.

This was also prior, or at the beginning of the increase in Kpop internationally, and it would still be a few years yet before a group could properly sustain themselves on international fandom.

Speaking generally to the thread - I mean you can blame Cube for some decisions I guess, but you can't say "they have amazing music" (provided by Cube and even Soyeon chipped in), "amazing concepts" (again, company led) etc etc and then go "well Cube robbed them".

They had a silly incident at the start of the career, had unlucky timing with some things and their initial concept, pivoted in an attempt to try something but lost their original fanbase and didn't get a new one. They'd had 5 mini albums by 2019, they were releasing music at a great rate, and had 3 comebacks in 2019, more than Idle. They had more music than Idle at the same point in their careers.

Decisions regarding personnel decisions should honestly be the criticism - Eunbin should never have been in CLC, and they tanked her personal career to try to re-float CLC. Can blame cube for that, but that was essentially (admittedly with a bit of Hindsight) tankng Eunbin's career to support CLC. So you can't say they weren't trying things.

But nothing blew up, nothing sticked, and so inevitably they wound down? Cube had gone through several restructures during that period, and it's of no doubt that leadership and management changes didn't help the group, but it's easy to slate home the blame to the label for failures and the girls for any success. The reality is far more complex. The final part of their career was *again* under new management, and they made the call. It sucks but they still got much more than Pristin or Gugudan ever got.

I'd actually take far more issue with Cube about Lightsum then CLC. CLC honestly had great songs time and time again provided by Cube - whereas I think Vanilla (in particular) was such a generic song it really tanked Lightsum's debut period, when they had the most attention, and they've still not recovered from it. Pepe on the other hand was a great song.

CLC had many, many fairweather friends - after all, it was easy for many Kpop Stans to like them. They weren't threatening their ult group's success! But few actual stans and fandom to economically sustain the group.

• in kpop is there really any "blame" or attribution of lack of success on the group itself as oppose to the company

like for CLC even if the company spent a lot on them...the question (obviously it's hindsight) would be would CLC have found success?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!