Some stats about fanfiction in kpop

• Just for fun lol I feel a lot of people don’t realize how big the shipping and fanfic community is in general

These are all numbers from AO3 btw

Total number of fics under KPOP : 504,408

To give an estimate how massive that is Harry Potter has around 378,447 and Star Wars around 201,731

Individually unsurprisingly BTS is the most popular followed by the other top BGs

5927C5D2-8D21-41BB-9F8C-D454A1311BA7.jpeg

Also unsurprisingly most fics are M/M like 400k of the 500k kpop fics are M/M BG member shipping.

F73D1782-18FB-4746-A372-619C18B8B676.jpeg

The most popular “characters” are just BTS members and ChanBaek lol.

I don’t think these stats are surprising but it’s interesting to see just how massive it is.

• i can't read fanfics of real people personally but i remember back when 1d was big there was a lot of 1d fanfics too :pepe-magnify:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• ao3 is thriving on M/M fanfictions

I rarely find any good F/M or F/F fics

Back in the day, i used to be active on fanfiction.net and there used to be good M/F fics there

I used to read EXO fanfics but honestly lost interest in kpop fanfics back in 2018. I’ve read a lot of great M/F fics but mostly for books. I love James/Lily fics in Harry Potter and Percy/Annabeth fics from Percy Jackson.

But yeah other M/M is where it’s at for good fics on AO3 lol.

• i can't read fanfics of real people personally but i remember back when 1d was big there was a lot of 1d fanfics too :pepe-magnify:

Kek some of them even got made into movies lol. But self insert fics which was also popular apart from the Larry or whatever fics but that doesn’t seem the case in kpop.

Kpop fans strictly seem to like M/M

• I wish I could still read kpop fanfics tbh lol. It’s not that they became bad but somehow I came out of that phase of my fandom life and don’t feel like going back.

I still read a lot of fanfics just not real person fiction any more. I don’t judge people who do tho but it’s not been my scene in quite a few years now.

• Kek some of them even got made into movies lol.

fr? which ones lmao :pepe-tea: i only know of the twilight fanfic getting made into a movie

LAFBL0s.gif

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

• Bro where have you been for the billion “AFTER” movies on Netflix 😭😭 they were Harry styles fanfics 😭😭😭

that movie was a harry styles fanfic? LMAOOOO :cryingr::cryingr::cryingr:

this makes perfect sense :angryr: i couldn't stand the movie because of how cliche it was and turned it off within minutes :waterr:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• ao3 is thriving on M/M fanfictions

I rarely find any good F/M or F/F fics

Back in the day, i used to be active on fanfiction.net and there used to be good M/F fics there

true ao3 is where all the m/m fics for most fandoms are. my bookmarks from ao3 consist of mainly that, but FFn is more gen and het stuff.

• I wish I could still read kpop fanfics tbh lol. It’s not that they became bad but somehow I came out of that phase of my fandom life and don’t feel like going back.

I still read a lot of fanfics just not real person fiction any more. I don’t judge people who do tho but it’s not been my scene in quite a few years now.

there are great writers who truly create amazing worlds, the issue is they use irl ppl sighh

• I can proudly say I never have and never will read a self insert Y/N fic

I take bad what I said

If you read self insert fics I 100% will judge you :pepe-hehe: :pepe-hehe: :pepe-hehe:

my wattpad dayz :pepe-clown-gear: I even wrote sh*t :pepe-clown-walk::pepe-comfy:

• Fanfic dot net has been dead for many years now though Kek. But even there M/M started dominating as time went on.

yeah its not too active, but for fandoms like naruto all the really big fics are there! though they do crosspost now a days.

• there are great writers who truly create amazing worlds, the issue is they use irl ppl sighh

irl ones aside (which i dont read sorry to the people that do lol), there have been some fanfics ive read and just thought that the author might aswell create their own story because of how detailed and well written it is :pepe-notes: and deserve to get adapted into a movie not these... cliche y/n bad boy fanfics :pepe-cringe:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• Never had a wattpad phase. I went from fanfic dot net to AO3 :pepe-hehe:

I sadly wrote angsty dramatic fics which I now deleted and refuse to look at TT

• my wattpad dayz :pepe-clown-gear: I even wrote sh*t :pepe-clown-walk::pepe-comfy:

i had a friend who wrote one direction fanfic and had a big following lol but i could never read them :cryingr:

sorry if you're reading this!!! :pepe-sad: i mean no insult :cryingr:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

Edited once, last by bobsyouruncle ().

• irl ones aside (which i dont read sorry to the people that do lol), there have been some fanfics ive read and just thought that the author might aswell create their own story because of how detailed and well written it is :pepe-notes: and deserve to get adapted into a movie not these... cliche y/n bad boy fanfics :pepe-cringe:

I once read a bts fic where the author created an entire magical world. At that point, I was like girl just get it published! sure the characters are similar to the members, but it's so original that it could be its own series!

• I won’t say what fanfic I wrote but tetetete you will laugh your ass out if I told you :pepe-hehe:

wait u write fics?? :pepe-cop:

eyy, my favorite fic on ao3 are all from MDZS haha. some true talents and r rated stuff :pepestare:

• Now I just read anime fanfics

Gojo is single handedly bringing back the M/F self insert fics :pepe-hehe: :pepe-hehe:

man anime self inserts get strangeeee....

I read some interesting gojo/naruto cross overs tho!

• While still in school I also wrote code Geass fanfic CRYING it’s still up on fanfic dot net :pepe-hehe:

Actually that one wasn’t so bad just really childish :pepe-hehe:

link it if you're brave :pepe-just-smile:

do it :pepe-just-smile:

i promise no judgement :pepe-pray:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• Used to back in school and college now I don’t Kek.

eyy, well I used to write naruto stuff for a while. but honestly I prefer reading now a days.

I did write some fanfics for korean novels like Trash of the counts family and stuff, but that fandoms not too big.

• :hazmat-pepe::pepe-clown-gear: yes, its also has a man's abs as da cover :pepe-peek:

not those cover photos :angryr:

giving me flashbacks to those 1d ceo! harry fics with these kinda pics :pepe-life-support:

𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙨𝙩𝙮𝙡𝙚𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙨🍒✨ on Instagram: “frat boy harry — a  thread early post today bc i have to work … | Harry styles suits, Harry  styles, Frat boy

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• Stray Kids being 4th makes sense, I'll take it. Also, maybe it's just because I read a lot of them, but I was not surprised by most of them being M/M at all. What did surprise me though is that there's not nearly as many for big girl groups, but specifically BLACKPINK. Blinks literally almost never have anything to do. From that perspective, why not write stories about them? I guess not everyone has that thought process though.

• This thread contains 42 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!