Is a new classmate defending Soojin telling something about idols getting judged (+condemned) too fast by netizens and K-pop fans?

• I read this new AKP article on the main page (https://www.allkpop.com/articl…trator-of-school-bullying).

For those who don't want to visit the main AKP site, here's the gist of it:

Seems like this person isn't afraid to name the persons by name who were actually bullies, more than the sister of the victim.

I have my own default stance towards these kinda bullying rumors, namely that I'm sceptic, that the story needs to be heard from both sides involved, that it's something between perpetrator and victim, and that things done when someone was still a kid many years ago, doesn't mean they're still that person (everyone does foolish, stupid things). Else, it starts to resemble Medieval witch hunts too much.

But ever since T-ARA I've become even more cautious, since I saw how things got overblown excessively based on faulty 'evidence' yet still entire flocks of K-pop fans went eagerly ahead with their bandwagon bashing of T-ARA. That's why I also frowned upon this (G)I-dle DC Gallery abandoning and condemning Soojin that quickly.

Anyway, that's how I view bullying scandals, always be careful before you condemn someone too fast.

But how do you people see the latest claim of this new classmate? Do you trust it, or distrust it? Has it changed your view of Soojin and the situation, or not really?

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• FoReveries

Changed the title of the thread from “Is a new classmate defending Soojin telling something of idols getting judged (+condemned) too fast by netizens and K-pop fans?” to “Is a new classmate defending Soojin telling something about idols getting judged (+condemned) too fast by netizens and K-pop fans?”.
  • Remember that CUBE lawyers met with big sister and her lawyers yesterday at 1 PM KST

we are 27 hours after this very moment, and the only thing we know is that lawyers said few things after the meeting, but CUBE still didn't release any official statement...

I believe today or tomorrow it will be already a week since the whole situation started... the longer it takes the worse it hits the whole group. I said that earlier and will stand by my words, Soojin should just meet with her former classmates, bully or not, and just talk things through, we've seen that Stray Kids Hyunjin did that, JYP released a statement, he himself wrote the apology letter, and it all happened few days after they initially denied all allegations...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It's because people have already made up their mind that Soojin is guilty. It seems like no matter who backs her up, what Soojin herself says/company says, if they meet with the alleged victim(s) etc it's all nothing but "they're lying to give her an albi", "she's only apologizing because she got caught and she didn't admit to the bullying only the lesser crimes. Shameless!", "she's meeting with the alleged victim(s)? probably to bribe them to change their story or stay quiet!" I swear some be acting like this is some Danganronpa level shit. :-D

I mean, obviously, a lot of the cases of bullying are true just like a lot of them are also false. I'd rather just stay neutral and not look like a complete :clown:

• Remember that CUBE lawyers met with big sister and her lawyers yesterday at 1 PM KST

we are 27 hours after this very moment, and the only thing we know is that lawyers said few things after the meeting, but CUBE still didn't release any official statement...

I believe today or tomorrow it will be already a week since the whole situation started... the longer it takes the worse it hits the whole group. I said that earlier and will stand by my words, Soojin should just meet with her former classmates, bully or not, and just talk things through, we've seen that Stray Kids Hyunjin did that, JYP released a statement, he himself wrote the apology letter, and it all happened few days after they initially denied all allegations...

But if she isn't guilty of bullying, why would Soojin need to write an apology letter?

Also, from what I read, am I correct in noting it's the sister - based on hearsay, bc she wasn't there - making the accusations, not the victim herself?

I mean, not that long ago we had that situation with Taeyong, where a so called 'friend' of the victim kept on shading and accusing Taeyong and demanding Taeyong repent and got punished, while in reality Taeyong had talked and made up with the victim ages ago, keeping a good contact with the victim.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• I don't believe anyone to be honest. Could be an honest classmate, could be a friend trying to save her. Who knows? We weren't there and the only "proof" we will ever get is if they knew each other in the past. Proving bullying is hard, so it will always be hard to choose a side, that is why I rather keep myself out of these issues, but I hope they make a statement soon because silence is not a good sign.

• But if she isn't guilty of bullying, why would Soojin need to write an apology letter?

Also, from what I read, am I correct in noting it's the sister - based on hearsay, bc she wasn't there - making the accusations, not the victim herself?

I mean, not that long ago we had that situation with Taeyong, where a so called 'friend' of the victim kept on shading and accusing Taeyong and demanding Taeyong repent and got punished, while in reality Taeyong had talked and made up with the victim ages ago, keeping a good contact with the victim.

we already know that some things happened, and some might now, because Soojin herself admitted that she already wrote partial apology, and denied few things, but in addition to that she wrote important phrase something like "she might feel this way so I am sorry".

+ seriously power of meeting face to face is different, just meet alone without lawyers, just face it, even if those sisters would come together, and even some more classmates and Soojin would be there alone she should take this meeting, because who knows maybe if they talk things through and just have proper dialogue everyone could later happily go on home, and let all past behind, and move on...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• That person had defended soojin a few days ago but got downvoted quite a lot this is article is about her second post, anyway she still says soojin was friends with the iljins during first year of middle school so bullying some people is still probably true

Oh as I was looking for the first pann post to share it here that person has posted a new one, seems like she’s giving more clarifications???

https://m.pann.nate.com/talk/r…&q=&gb=&rankingType=total

• That person had defended soojin a few days ago but got downvoted quite a lot this is article is about her second post, anyway she still says soojin was friends with the iljins during first year of middle school so bullying some people is still probably true

Oh as I was looking for the first pann post to share it here that person has posted a new one, seems like she’s giving more clarifications???

https://m.pann.nate.com/talk/r…&q=&gb=&rankingType=total

Actually, there were some classmates commenting when the scandal started to defened SJ too, but they didn't make a post and ppl ignored.

However, there aren't any evidence for those defences ( like the accucers haven't showed any evidence by now). Hence, just watching with no feeling.

• we already know that some things happened, and some might now, because Soojin herself admitted that she already wrote partial apology, and denied few things, but in addition to that she wrote important phrase something like "she might feel this way so I am sorry".

+ seriously power of meeting face to face is different, just meet alone without lawyers, just face it, even if those sisters would come together, and even some more classmates and Soojin would be there alone she should take this meeting, because who knows maybe if they talk things through and just have proper dialogue everyone could later happily go on home, and let all past behind, and move on...

That might be a happy outcome, but in no way the only possible outcome when she'd go in there alone.

I read Soojin's letter, it sounded sincere, detailed as in describing things from her point of view, how she experienced it.

The same for this friend's report, if it's proven to be true: it has the details of describing something where someone was really present when events occurred.

SWJ1P.gif

• i can believe soojin's friend... idol get defended from bullying scandal is rare, even if the rumor isnt true. ever see taeyong's friend defend him?

well i know this is wrong way to see if soojin's friend is right or not...

• there should be only one real thing, like IU company

EDAM = they just take legal action for IU , they dont bother meet the accuser, they just sue them

the rest is just pr works,

starship = want to take legal action , they got busted for sending stuffs for the accuser

JYP = want to take legal action , but in the end they got busted and say sorry to the victim

even it takes time for suing those accuser, at least if you some words like

"we just take legal action against people who spread false accusation against our artist"

things would get better

• But if she isn't guilty of bullying, why would Soojin need to write an apology letter?

They need to do something to save her career, if cube is hoping that it will go away by itself, is not gonna happen, it getting worst by the day.

Cube messed up at the beginning, they went to fast into deny everything and now they can't suddenly turn 360 and apologize, they put themselves over a wall.

Another stupid thing which make her look more guilty is cube not wanting to bring Soojin to the meeting with the victim, it makes her look guilty.

I do think something did happened, even if is over exaggeration by the alleged victim (which is highly possible) , a really bad broke up between friends, most of the students which come out had some similar points, even this student defending her said she was part of a gang/team not exactly of saints but she distanced after some time.

They should put a Irene since the first day, speak with the alleged victim, apologize, go into hiatus and craw back after some months, the public will eventually move on to the next victim (there are plenty to chose during this time) instead they dragged this for days (still going) with even more people putting his nose into this (being good or bad) which make the scandal much worst.

Another thing cube should had never let her release her own semi apology, a lot of knetz starting doubting her after it, it was wrote under emotional hours.

This could have been resolved long time ago if it wouldn't be dragged for days, if they wouldn't deny the first time, the actress wouldn't even be involved and the scandal wouldn't be so big right now.

• and ifans liked the apology, really wonder what got lost in translation

Noances, tone, some words can't be translated well in English so translators find synonym, some words can have more meanings, is pretty hard to translate from Korean to English, a lot of songs lost their meaning after translations or even give different messages

She apologized to her fans. It was more a clarification saying she didn't bully anyone but admitting to smoking like three times and wearing clothes unsuitable for students. None of that proves she was a bully, she says she was just a lost kid.

idek

Taeyong's situation is different cause it was proven he did it and made up for his actions years ago. In Soojin's case we don't have any confirmation nor do the accuser and Soojin seem to be making up anytime soon.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!