Is this what fans call popularity? Melon is said to be losing its credibility every day because of this.

• its sunday at 8am, its to be excepted. old realtime that existed for 10+ years was even worse.

Don't mean to shit on your argument but Lim Young Woong is a pretty fucking big deal in South Korea

Eh, he has a big and very dedicated fandom, but hes not had a single song do over 300k ul, and only one above 200k. His reach is limited.

• Eh, he has a big and very dedicated fandom, but hes not had a single song do over 300k ul, and only one above 200k. His reach is limited.

Yep, this is why i say both peak and longevity matter. Any act with a ginormous fandom can keep their cult fandom favorites on a top 100 or top 200 list for years, racking up Gaon points and ULs.

But whether you can top the charts in terms of ULs and whether you can stay in the top 10 or so for an extended period of time (nowadays i would say the bar is pretty high, more than 15 weeks in the top 10 is the standard), those are the things that can distinguish a true digimon from a pretender.

• It never ceases to amaze me how Kpop fans make fun of people for not topping or doing “well” on the Melon chart while simultaneously complaining that Melon is an unreliable chart when their own faves get beaten.

See also different awards, critics lists, etc.

:pepepizza:

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• He might be fandom driven like most bgs but he's not a nobody lmao gp in korea knows him, trot is a national genre and he's one of the most popular singers, he gets high ratings, views on naver, cfs, etc that's already more than bgs. The fact his reach isn't limited to young people but older woman, families and kids tol makes him a bigger name than all the non-top groups. There might be some ggs charting higher but koreans know LYW more than any of the members of said groups. If he's a nobody then all our faves are complete flops and nugus

• :nct3:

If you're mad that his fans are beating kpop stans at their own game, then I guess you should step up your own and stream harder.

• This guy sold more than 1M copies in first week on Hanteo.

Some of you don't understand how big he actually is in Korea...

Also remember taxi drivers, truck drivers, bus drivers, all work during weekends too...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!