[theqoo] THE AMOUNT OF WATER SPRAYED IN PSY'S SPLASH SHOW

• [theqoo] THE AMOUNT OF WATER SPRAYED IN PSY'S SPLASH SHOW

bypannchoaJune 17, 2022
    AVvXsEiTOHLlr4B-5MKlzT5-PbRCdtJINnH22kWyPSLsU8CjVH3J6hI0prqJVBB4u-5AnDvprB3J46McOWaM40oPIOpIqgX-IRSibQXW61kMpbxaLD6wVdgH3p6CxW_iWwwz17T8PU9KsrgLlT15xRmh3j6qlm-772iHIrFjC6f5amKffMdJJsw_pdvz6Kc-=s16000

AVvXsEhnI6evOmTaIjietaJJk51pTUzxQ8PF5QrHwvBAOLPU1IO2ZAHs3-Dw20LV99AU9Dq-cd9y9sRLn6KxyqfcDDhP1wkjPtAF2eYbln4AQb0Q0w3aVHD5_1WWsPcG6it9xxWzui8HJ9PAJNOdBTdqIr-NP-4sS6AUoofq9Hlja2XcQzcFgokPS79EP8M4=s16000

AVvXsEgooVzAbihbfQ8l99qZMdrhYs_zek9n_6KMoLlKzWYHDnBiEYxK1ZLMfXA7I4yj90RxQlX_py1Iw64hEdbbWeLb_bh5JtDMOTnm0dXk_fM7oz0RwmxeR0l7UVG4AvQKj44V37yFhKwLZ4oKp-eWr7Qh9QZQmE8g6JEMSpRHThtsrnecuVLH1wEhXMtS=s16000

original post: here

1. If I was there, I would've gotten a reality check

2. Looks so fun

3. Wow ㄷㄷㄷ this is even worse than I thought

4. They sprayed so much...? It looks like a CG out of a movie

5. Wow crazy, it does look fun thoughㅋㅋㅋ

6. Don't do this, seriously

7. Does he need to go that far..... The drought is so bad.. this is just sad and frustrating....

8. Ugh just thinking about this makes me hot and uncomfortableㅠ

9. Waste of water

10. This seems so thoughtless

11. I hope he becomes an artist that thinks about the environment...

12. He lives up to his name

13. Ah to be honest, after reading about the drought news, this doesn't look good

14. What a waste...

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• If he paid for the water, who are we to judge?

Water is a common good it is an important resource for the cultivation of the land and life in general. In times of drought it is a scarce resource and even more important, wasting it in such nonsense should not be allowed.

We don't care that he paid, the question is mainly why we authorized it and why he had this shitty idea in times of drought.

• 7. Does he need to go that far..... The drought is so bad.. this is just sad and frustrating....

I think this is it right here... like most comments haven't been against the idea, just against the scale. I mean 300 tons? For every show?

• I rarely agree with Knetz, but this time they're right.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• i mean, just because theres droughts in some parts of the country doesnt mean its a problem where the concerts are held, find it hard to be upset without knowing the actual specifics of it.

edit: and 300 tons water would be about 300k liters, not really that much. Its just enough to grow about 150kg of rice...

Edited 2 times, last by Kreatin ().

• The issue is the optics of using this much water when regions of your country are experiencing a drought.

It comes off as being tone deaf to issues impacting your fellow country men

• Another way to look at it is that manufacturing 100k cd 's uses the same amount of water (300 000 liter) as one of his concerts.

Now if only people were as upset about that, at least people gets cooled down at the concerts, unlike cds that serve no purpose at all. Kpop industry alone wasted 171 million liters of water printing useless discs last year.

• Now, i said i dont know the specifics of this case, so yes, if in fact that water could have been used to help farms or alleviate water shortage sure, its wasteful as hell and dumb.

If on the other hand its in another region entirely and the water in question would never come to use where its needed anway, i think its outrage just for the sake of outrage. Most people reacting to this dont even have an understanding of just how much/little 300 tons of water actually is.

I get that some people in affected regions could be upset because some other in a region that has no shortage seems to be wasting it. But from my point of view most of it is outrage for the sake of outrage and hypocrisy on a massive scale when looking at how much water we as individual person waste every day (in first world countries that is), by how we live, what we buy and consume, stuff thats really not necessary as well.

--

As for the cd production:

Recording Artists Leave a Plastic Legacy — Plastic Pollution Coalition
    The more you stream, the less potential plastic pollution.
    www.plasticpollutioncoalition.org

Compact Discs: An Untapped Resource
    CDs & DVDs produced a staggering amount of plastic.
    www.gonimble.com

K-pop albums sold 57 million copies in 2021
    The Nation's Leading Newspaper
    mb.com.ph

lets just say water waste is the least of its problems.

• Why doesn't he just use grey water that's been treated to be safe or something? I feel like that must be possible to do now days.

(Bellagio's fountain in Vegas uses grey water)

• Why doesn't he just use grey water that's been treated to be safe or something? I feel like that must be possible to do now days.

(Bellagio's fountain in Vegas uses grey water)

Im guessing because of health/safety regulations, probably the same rules applies that water parks etc have to abide by

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!