Do you guys think the biggest contribution to BTS's fame is luck or are there other factors???

• Luck obviously wouldn't have done a thing without talent, hard-work, and a very early 'modern' way to communicate with you fans through social medias.

But obviously, luck is a factor in every success story. Hell, even when you look at the way the members were scouted into Big Hit ( Taehyung or Jin without even wanting to get in ), luck plays a factor. It's not for nothing that ARMY often jokes that the members are 'gods' favorites'.

• the only "lucky" thing about bts' success was the fact that they debuted in 2013 which was one of the only years with no big 3 group debut. their music actually being good, the members being good people who actually like each other and care about music and their fans, their company cultivating their individual talents while also focusing on group exposure instead of individual exposure. all of these things played a much bigger role than "luck".

who's your favorite artist?

• Official Post

Many of those who wish to belittle BTS's achievements and fame tend to try to use "only luck" to explain their success. This is why ARMY is so diametrically opposed to this discussion. People take any admission of luck by another and run with it as a blanket statement. That's the problem with the concept of luck in general - people take it to extremes and try to apply it as 'dumb luck' to everything.

In reality, luck is an opportunity, that many times you have to work to make happen. That is why sometimes even if you try, things don't pan out. People don't know what to call it - fate, luck, what have you - but it is the unknowable possibility. In that regard, luck plays a part in everything. Yes you may have better chances of one outcome or the other, but when we take the case of BTS, see where they came from to where they are now, it's more likely than not, given the facts, that they had to work to make those opportunities - that resulted in their worldwide success - happen. And that is what shouldn't be diminished, though not for lack of trying.

:pepe-toast:

• Asking if it was luck is very dismissive of BTS journey and hard work.

If people are saying every group has some luck then it shouldn't be a question asked in connection to BTS' success constantly and also that would mean it's definitely down to something else OTHER THAN LUCK since every group has some luck.

So the real question is (ignoring luck that everyone seems to have to some degree) how were they able to get to the level of success they are at now? What makes them different?

That is the honest discussion here.

Btw I don't believe in luck but I believe in making the most of opportunities given.

• Seems like some GG stans are too desperate to find out the recipe of BTS's success...

Are you guys that desperate to know the recipe? Why? To replicate it?

This is not the 1st time kpopies are presenting this qus. Am I right or I am right.

Luck helps you once or twice to be successful. For being the South Korea's "Nation's pride" & world biggest group, one need the thing

TALENT.

If BTS had lived in the cocoon that the stereotypic Kpop industry had, they couldn't become the butterfly that the whole world is looking forward & taking inspiration with admiring eyes.

I hope this recipe satisfies your hunger.

Fable : Fortune smiles upon only hard working creatures.

• Army. Even back when bts was nugu army always went that one extra extra mile for everytging, hyping up their nugu bts. Idk why army turned out to be so much different and so much more pushy than any other fandom, but they are the nr1 reason tbh.

Talent, passion and good music is important. But the thing is, there are quite a few artists who have that and they still never reach more than middle ground level popularity.

What is THE ONE thing no one in the world has besides bts? It has always been army. Even in kpop no fandom is quite like army

• Music and talent are the main reason. No one will invest time if music is not good. Luck cannot produce consistent good music. Luck just followed after that.

i think a few or some got pressed by mtv unplugged and recycled threads.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!