Why people have lost interest in BTS:

• Why people have lost interest in BTS:

1) They have treated their fans as purely consumers, now more than ever. Overpriced albums, recycling songs for compilations, regular McDonald's meals with a Chinese sauce and passing them of as their own, etc etc.

2) The music they release now has lost their personal touch. The title songs have been uninteresting or just outright bland. Even middling songs, like "Black Swan" and "Life Goes On," are extremely disposable because you can sense it was written with a Western outsider's point of view and BTS played little-to-no-role in their conception. Their English songs have been an outright embarrassment. There's not one iota of originality in them anymore. Lyrics have no substance, nor any emotional resonance. Even a song like "Permission to Dance" should have been a joyous affair, it just sound downright dour. "Butter" was the last straw. They have sanitized themselves for the West, and in so doing, they did it to their music as well. Their music don't come from the heart anymore.

3) There is too much corporate-speak coming from RM nowadays. They're too busy playing banal politicians to know what is going on with people today. Try as they might, they will always protect their image and play the corporate political game just to stay up on the zeitgeist. I blame this on the leader (who should know better) and their company (who are beholden to their shareholders).

• 2) The music they release now has lost their personal touch. The title songs have been uninteresting or just outright bland. Even middling songs, like "Black Swan" and "Life Goes On," are extremely disposable because you can sense it was written with a Western outsider's point of view

you lost your point here not reading any more

• I haven't lost interest yet. I'm ready to witness this decline more than ever.

Their biggest mistake was releasing english songs. It turned out to be "double edged sword" because once fans got a taste of what english songs could do, their korean releases will never be the same. Man i really miss iconic songs like blood sweat tears, not today, fake love, boy with luv. The "NEW BTS" could never release something legendary like that and fans eat it up like bfore.

• Stream song of the century

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

pasted-from-clipboard.gif

• I haven't lost interest yet. I'm ready to witness this decline more than ever.

Their biggest mistake was releasing english songs. It turned out to be "double edged sword" because once fans got a taste of what english songs could do, their korean releases will never be the same. Man i really miss iconic songs like blood sweat tears, not today, fake love, boy with luv. The "NEW BTS" could never release something legendary like that and fans eat it up like bfore.

At least you're owning up to the obsession. I regret that BTS will disappoint you, but there's always next comeback! We can do it all over again then :finger-heart:

• I dont think it's realistic to expect BTS to be groundbreaking at this point. They're a 9 year old band with somewhere between 170-230 songs (i've seen conflicting numbers being tossed around) already in circulation. They've already done every genre under the sun, unless they want to go with the most untrendiest of them like jazz or 80s/classic rock.

And they are a prisoner of their circumstance when it comes to lyrics or messaging. They're not schoolkids anymore, they're almost ahjussi age. But they also can't talk about meaningful adult topics like real love and relationships, political or social issues, or anything truly personal. They also have to constantly walk the tightrope between woke Western Kpop and Army on the left and conservative Korean Army and GP on the right.

There's not much they can do that doesn't risk what they already have. Hybe is a public company now, they answer to countless thousands if not millions of shareholders. Risking the gravy train is the last thing BangPD wants to do.

there last 2 korean TT's are both just generic western sounding chillhop songs, YTC is almost some gospel. nothing to do with english songs

i still dont know why they made MOTS7, then just completely stopped doing what made them popular in the first place

• The same asshats swarming into threads like this spouting the same shit over and over and over.

Literally was going to say the exact same thing. It’s like f*cking Groundhog Day. Old troll makes new account, says exact same shit, same old regular users with BTS hate boners start giggling gleefully about getting the chance to write the same points they’ve made a dozen times before all over again.

(Although I will admit almost cracking a wry smile at Black Swan, one of their most critically acclaimed songs getting labelled disposable. That’s at least a new one.)

• The day I take any shitstains opinion as credible is the day the Rapture takes me.

And that goes for not just this brand-spankin' new troll but for every oh-so-concerned try-hard ass-wipe that comes with the same, tired old takes.

• The day I take any shitstains opinion as credible is the day the Rapture takes me.

And that goes for not just this brand-spankin' new troll but for every oh-so-concerned try-hard ass-wipe that comes with the same, tired old takes.

You gotta wonder if they're just trying to convince themselves at this point, because no one else is falling for the same old act every comeback :smirks2:

Best answer ever

HERE YOU ARE WAITING TO WITNESS BTS’S DECLINE114938DD-AB3B-4412-96F0-EA4D10F5C708.gif

• The hype and publicity of them has probably worn off for some fans and they're getting a bit jaded.

Their music style has changed.

The fandom itself.

These are just my theories but I'm a newish fan and I haven't lost interest.

• And they are a prisoner of their circumstance when it comes to lyrics or messaging. They're not schoolkids anymore, they're almost ahjussi age. But they also can't talk about meaningful adult topics like real love and relationships, political or social issues, or anything truly personal. They also have to constantly walk the tightrope between woke Western Kpop and Army on the left and conservative Korean Army and GP on the right.

just say you dislike their lyrics instead of building this conspiracy theory:pepe-just-smile:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• just say you dislike their lyrics instead of building this conspiracy theory:pepe-just-smile:

lol but dont you agree?

They got reamed by their own international fanbase for the relatively tame lyrics in War of Hormones, to the point where RM had to publicly address it.

And im not just singling out BTS. Every Kpop group has to have the most neutered sterile messaging in their lyrics for fear of alienating either their Korean fanbase or their international fanbase. All i'm saying is that IF they want to expand their songwriting and lyrics to subjects not normally touched upon by Kpop groups, they're gonna run into headwinds.

For me personally, i usually dont much care about Kpop lyrics in terms of their meanings, i just love them for how they mix Korean and English, it's addictive af. And there are exceptions, a few Kpop songs have definitely managed to get a rise out of me emotionally (Ugly, You Never Know).

• reminds me of Cardi Bs PG rap in Bet You Wanna

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!