Is there littering problem in your neighborhood ?

• how bad is it?

are there enough trash cans on the streets, or ppl simply dont give a F and throw them away on the roads?

https://www.theguardian.com/ci…worlds-most-wasteful-city

I live in a neighborhood where most care about how it looks, but other parts of the city I live in are trashed., though nothing like Mumbai. It's mostly the homeless encampments that look like (and are) dumping grounds.

• Lots of people here just drop their rubbish wherever they're standing, expecting others to clean up after them.

If there's a rubbish bin but it's more than ten feet, away people are just going to drop whatever they want to get rid of on the ground.

They also drop their cigarettes while boarding a bus or train, never stopping to so much as step on the bud to at least extinguish it.

There's broken glass bottles everywhere as well, because many think it's cool and shows that you don't give a damn when you throw your empty beer bottles against walls. I've seriously heard a guy shout "another!" while doing so, but the ill-mannered miscreant definitely was no Thor.

This city is dirty and disgusting and once I've saved up enough money to move somewhere decent, I'm leaving.

• I have always thought Germany is like Japan in the sense of keeping things clean and tidy... :-(

• I have always thought Germany is like Japan in the sense of keeping things clean and tidy... :-(

It honestly depends on the region. Cities in the south, particularly smaller ones and the rural towns and villages are very beautiful and clean.

I live in the much poorer west of the country, known as the "Ruhrgebiet" however and here it's a different story. The city I live in is in mountains of debt, the streets are in poor condition, unemployment is high and so is the crime rate. Whenever my city makes the news, it's because some crime has been committed. There are areas in this city that I'm honestly not brave enough to venture into after dark.

In the grand scheme of things the littering is probably the least of our problems, but it's still disgusting.

• Cleaned up litter at a Gas station/restaurant/motel in New Mexico.(aka Barter work for food and lodging for the night) Strong Winds blowing from the Desert. Caused the barded wire fence around the property corralled and snagged every pit of newspaper, plastic bag and anything else light enough. Like a litter sponge collecting stuff from miles around.

The Freeways get same type of litter. Community service clean up crews clean litter from roadsides. All- n -All liter is managed not to become a problem.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!