How is recycling done in your country?

• Do you have problem sorting garbage before put in the right dumpsters according to government protocols?

How many different garbage bins on the streets of your neighborhood for public use?

If garbage needs to be sorted at home put off house for truck pick up, what are the types of garbage?

Do folks in your community literally recycle?

Where I am from their 3 different bins on the streets. I basically do what they asked for despite get dizzy at times what bins some trash is belonged in..><

Garbage.jpg

• We have three bins here in Australia.

Red is for garbage only.

Yellow is recycling.

Green is our FOGO bin for lawn clippings and garden waste.

Our bin day is Wednesday and recycling is every fortnight. Luckily, mine isn’t very full as I’m careful in what packaging I buy. Our local council takes care of this.

• We have three bins here in Australia.

Red is for garbage only.

Yellow is recycling.

Green is our FOGO bin for lawn clippings and garden waste.

Our bin day is Wednesday and recycling is every fortnight. Luckily, mine isn’t very full as I’m careful in what packaging I buy. Our local council takes care of this.

i like this system...

and it seems It's australia wide

• So you have 5 bins on the streets?

Any of them marked compostable?

The brown bin you're unlikely to encounter out on the streets. It's pretty much exclusively found in private homes.

On the other hand, there are actually three glass bins that you're likely to find at least once per neighbourhood rather than just one green one. A white one for clear glass, a brown one for, you guessed it, brown glass and a green one for green glass. These are almost always right next to the paper bins.

If by marked compostable you mean stuff like bags or biodegradable plastic wrappings for example, then it depends.

Plastic wrappings have a seal that tells you where it needs to go, yellow bin or grey one with all the rest. Genuinely compostable stuff that breaks down completely without releasing toxins would belong to organic waste in the brown one.

Or so I was told... :eyes:

• ok.

Is there bag/ bio wrapping in Germany claimed to be able to be buried in your home garden and would ..vaporize or degrade in soil 3 to 6 months later? that saves you trips to compostable / organic bins tho..

• ok.

Is there bag/ bio wrapping in Germany claimed to be able to be buried in your home garden and would ..vaporize or degrade in soil 3 to 6 months later? that saves you trips to compostable / organic bins tho..

Yeah, we do have bags that claim to be 100% eco-friendly but to my knowledge most (if not all) turned out to be a bit of a fraud. Tests showed that none of them actually disintegrated as promised. They remained completely intact regardless of how much time passed. Looked good as new after a year.

If you have a compost heap though, then you're obviously free to try.

• First, household level, not many have the awareness to sort trash, even some throw their trash at the river or empty field

Second, society level, not many trash bins on the street except in big cities or public infrastructure. Even if there is sorted trash bins, the people don't take the time to sort their trash, they'll just throw to whichever hole that closer to them

FYI: we have mountains of trash

• First, household level, not many have the awareness to sort trash, even some throw their trash at the river or empty field

Second, society level, not many trash bins on the street except in big cities or public infrastructure. Even if there is sorted trash bins, the people don't take the time to sort their trash, they'll just throw to whichever hole that closer to them

FYI: we have mountains of trash

All right

Does Indo government plan on restricting plastics of one time usage such as straws, plastic bags , coffee stirrers and stuff replace them with biodegradable stuffs ?

• It is a hit and miss around where I live. In my particular neighborhood, it's a free for all. One side is super nice, but walk a couple blocks, there arelot of trash on the streets and the trash bins are not well kept. We had a clothing donation bin as well and some used that to dump trash in. We can't have nice things in my neighborhood it seems.

At home we recycle newspaper/paper, plastic bottles, and the rest.

• yellow for plastic etc.

blue for paper etc.

green for glass etc.

black/grey for ash (from chimney, fireplace, heater etc.)

brown for grass

and a different shade of brown for food waste

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!