Top 1% singers earn $3 mn income, richest among Korean entertainers

• I wonder how much do the likes of BTS and BP earn  :eyes:

"The 1-percent richest Korean singers earn an annual average of 3.4 billion won ($3.01 million) a year, or more than half of total income made by singers in Korea and double than the best-earners in acting."

"6,372 Korean singers that reported their 2018 annual income earned a total 409.5 billion won in income. The average income of each individual singer was 64.28 million won."

Data was released by the National Tax Service.

https://pulsenews.co.kr/view.php?year=2020&no=1096404

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

BLACKPINK | BIGBANG | GIRLS' GENERATION

• meanwhile my faves havent been pay but this is their 7th year lmao

Your faves include Jaehyun? Don't worry I'm sure he earns quite a lot.

Not sure who your other faves are though...

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• so the rich get richer...

hmmm...

FYI using the average figure of 62.48 million won gives $58,074.46 USD for those wondering

Unfortunately that's just how the world works... especially in the entertainment business where how much you make depends on your popularity.

• Unfortunately that's just how the world works... especially in the entertainment business where how much you make depends on your popularity.

exactly there's nothing wrong with that...its basic capitalism but the average wages seem alright but then i would need a comparison

(from google)

According to this report by the National Tax Service, the average annual income in Seoul in 2016 was 37,810,000won, which comes out to about 3,150,000won per month (about $2,942 USD). Compare to the national average income at the time, which was 33,600,000won, or 2,800,000won per month ($2,615 USD).

so 12 x 2942 = $35304 USD

so the average signer earns a significantly higher than the average seoul person...interesting

• I'm sure the top earners skewed the average by quite a bit.

• Kai prolly gets that Gucci money. Good for him.

But I usually hate the top 1%.

CONFLICT OF INTEREST. :pepe-life-support: :pepe-life-support:

The top 1% you should really hate are the businessmen ^^ They are the ones that steal money from people everyday, including the artists themselves </3

• add winner and ikon to that to specifically mino and b.i & u can't just assume that the whole group is in the list.
    in NJTTW youtube show with kyukhyun mino show his house 2 house side by side 1 for him 1 for his family but we dont know if he owns it or just rent it .
    and for b.i he dont share the detail but he once reveal with the income from love scenario he can buy 2 foreign car each month.
    the biggest money make is concert but i dont think it's a good year for concert.and it doesn't specifically that the income only come from music activity there's other mean like like business, rent from building they own etc.
    and the majority probably member of 2nd gen group
    gd earn 1.5 million a year just from royalties alone not counting sales from his nike shoes , cf etc . dude can just sit there doing nothing still make million a year . dude living in a 7 million usd penthouse and buy painting that cost 3 million usd. with Bentley,Lamborghini and a Rolls-Royce .

idk about 3rd gen specifics number but they probably more or less around there too.

• Average number is useless, it's too distorted by the top earners, we need the median

• If you ask me...thats a bit too small of an amount.

Would I sell my whole life, my whole privacy, work 12 hours a day, say bye to normal human freedoms, make myself into an ownership of my fans, have people stalk me, release private stuff from my life, be sexualized by weirdos, possibly get thousands of death threats a day without even getting into a scandal and still be disregarded as merely a kpop idol aka no real artist for max 3mio? Ripppppp

• I think that BB, Hyorin, Jaejoong, PSY and 2ne1 (expect Minzy) are still there... At least different sites mentioned them among reachest even last year.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!