What are your thoughts on NCT system now?

• will SM keep it or leave it? 9

1. keep it, it's obv successful duh (8) 89%
    2. leave it and pretend it's never happened (1) 11%

I used to be a fan of the whole unit concept but I really don think it's working or has any future. the proper unit system has never took off, they have too many filler members and release too many albums full of filler songs, which is my main problem wth them tbh

imo, NCT should have been permanent 7th sense line up and that's it

there could also be dream with lucas instead of mark, going from bubble gum pop to mature later and focus on chinese market.

I think SM has already discarded the whole local unit concept and once they debut regular bg they will focus on them and the whole nct system will fall into oblivion

• You don’t like it? Oh noes. Whatever will they do? :nct3:

• I used to be a fan of the whole unit concept but I really don think it's working or has any future.

…the proper unit system has never took off

It’s cool if you don’t like NCT anymore or whatever. Tempted to just walk out of this one but am reminded by the point the one dude makes about we Czennies joke on these types of posts but don’t address points for whoever else is reading such things and making wrong conclusions.

I adore the members in the units and love having them all but I also can’t imagine The 7th Sense unit is great but I can’t imagine a NCT without Taeil’s phenomenal and iconic vocals. Similarly I can’t imagine NCT Dream’s work without Mark’s powerful rap delivery, especially in the early work where he carried a larger portion of the rap load (5Dream and 6Drean made it work solidly enough but Lucas is a much much weaker rapper.) (MFAL with no Mark but Lucas? Ayy. ):pepestare:

As to NCT not having any future as units, even beyond the much talked about record breaking album sales in Korea and the U.S., NCT 127 is on a sold out Japanese dome tour while NCT Dream got a million people to sign up for a banking app in Indonesia to see them in concert.

The unit system is working fine. And I kinda want to find this post and resurrect it when the new Japan unit gets launched. LOL

When SM launches a new bg, it will do the same thing it’s always done: focus on the new group and allow the strength of the fandom to carry its existing groups. NCT will be fine, just like their seniors were: TVXQ, SuJu, Shinee and EXO all stay working.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Nct concept is unlimited members and also localization. Sm sets the standards as always. Soon they will debut japan bg and western bg. Localization is the future of kpop with companies debuting local bgs in major countries. Kpop market will diminish but companies will be in profit with diverse markets.

Nct will continue to add members even after new bg debut. But units will be reorganized or created. New bg will not affect nct except they can get less promotions like older groups.

• Still hate it but if it works it works. Wonder if the graduation part of their concept is still a thing or if they discarded it

About the graduation thing - members of nct dream were originally supposed to go through a "graduation" process but due to their popularity and success SM decided to keep the current formation, so i guess that part of the concept is indeed discarded.

Ν Ξ Ο Ϲ Ι Τ Υ

div-st-bt-600.png

I really don think it's working or has any future. the proper unit system has never took off, they have too many filler members and release too many albums full of filler songs

For me it's the way literally none of this is true

• This is just... no? NCT is very successful, so no it would be illogical to just ditch the concept imo.

If it doesn't work for you, that's fine, but clearly it works for a lot of other people so :pepe-shrug:

Not even gonna get into the "filler members and songs" part :pepe-cringe:

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• I don't like it. I only like some members in each unit so the only 2 songs that I like are by nct U and if I like a song by nct you'll basically never get the same line up again so not for me. For some of the members idk why they put them there and not in another unit. If it was me I would've put different members in 127 (ten!) and some members I wouldn't have debuted, nct u wouldn't be necessary in that case. It does seem to work so I guess it's just a difference of taste

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!