Stop bringing up Irene's scandals to deflect from the bullying allegations sweeping the entertainment industry currently

• I'm sure you're all aware, but there's a current issue going on in the entertainment industry where idols are being plagued with bullying allegations. I've been seeing a lot of people bring up Irene scandals in relation to this saying.

"she got off easy"

"What she did was worse because her scandal happened when she was an adult while my idol was in middle school".

"She has SM and visual privilege to protect her career while my favorite artist faces expulsions from their group. It's not fair!"

First off, who's to say Irene got off easy? Irene's scandal was national headlining news in Korea. Many articles regarding her scandal overtook these news platforms for days on end. She also went on a social media blackout, and her activities and public appearances were halted until recently. For someone who is known for their CF's and brand deals, this is a big deal. Irene's brand reputation also took a hit. Before the scandal, she was firmly in the top 5 at all times, but during periods of her scandal/hiatus, she was even below nugu idols and rookies in brand reputation.

Finally, we still don't know if Irene or Red Velvet as a whole has been affected by the scandal since they haven't had a comeback yet. Once we see Red Velvet promoting, we'll see the full effects of the scandal on their careers, so stop saying she got off easy.

Irene's scandal and what's going on with the industry with the bullying allegations are two different circumstances and events, they're unrelated.

♥ My Love Is like Water ♥

311affc808fe8b84b748ffc0ba9642c4df6edb5b.gifvb8efbd7a179cbb92409a6f72934b5f19878bbc3e.gifvfb085854c6994cd9cf7d1e021583a8869dbf35d3.gifv525f540e2c36dad00d209964a89dc1f2f31c3627.gifv

• Didn't she have a movie release or something? How did that do?

From what I know, It had a limited theater release in Korea, and then it's hitting digital platforms. It's doing well considering the circumstances, but it's not a blockbuster at all

311affc808fe8b84b748ffc0ba9642c4df6edb5b.gifvb8efbd7a179cbb92409a6f72934b5f19878bbc3e.gifvfb085854c6994cd9cf7d1e021583a8869dbf35d3.gifv525f540e2c36dad00d209964a89dc1f2f31c3627.gifv

• What is this nonsense? Are you part of the conspiracy? It's obvious the k-pop idols controversies are part of an elaborate scheme from the reptilian world leaders to hide the shape of the Earth. There's land beyond the ice wall, goddammit!

Regarding Irene and whether she's an Illuminati or not is still up for debate, my facebook think tank group is divided on the matter.

• Idle stans are latching to anyone to compare Sooojin’s scandal. The amount of tweets I see of them talking about Taeyong is annoying.

I didn't want to name any names, but this is the fanbase I see the most bringing up Irene and complaining about fairness and how "Irene got off easy" like Irene didn't go on a three-month hiatus and her career is still up in the air. Meanwhile, the majority of these bullying allegations so far are just that, allegations.

• Idle stans are latching to anyone to compare Sooojin’s scandal. The amount of tweets I see of them talking about Taeyong is annoying.

As an i-dle stan, I think it sucks. I don't understand the need to compare unrelated stories as if it made for a good argument. Other idols, other scandals and controversies should be left out of the discussion for the sake of everyone.

• One would think everyone disliking irene were actually present the day she was arguing with that lady? Imagine being angry at someone for being in situation that doesn't involve you whatsoever

:angryr:

Isn't it time people start living their own lives :S

It’s perfectly valid for people to think her behaviour was disgusting, because it was. People definitely take things too far when reacting to some scandals but the fans blindly defending her are no better.

• It’s perfectly valid for people to think her behaviour was disgusting, because it was. People definitely take things too far when reacting to some scandals but the fans blindly defending her are no better.

it's fine for people to have their opinions, but to attack her continuously as if this was a life long accusation and not just A specific moment is very silly, hence why I said people were acting as if they were there to recall what was said and behave as if it wasn't a one time incident

:whatr:

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

æ- "𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝔼𝕧𝕠, 𝔼𝕧𝕠𝕝𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟" -𝕒𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕒 -æ

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!