Posts by Tamagotchi92

Pommes Frittes !!!! (or how everyone just says Pommes here even tho the full word is Pommes Frittes xD) I remember how I was a kid and on a funfair and all the booths who sold fries went like "Original Holländische Pommes Frittes" and I got so mad cause I knew they were invented in Belgium but nobody understood it cause they went like "yeah no... they are from the Netherlands, cause if it would be Dutch than the sign wouldn't say "Holländische" but "Belgische" instead..." X/

Thank you! But to be honest, it is ridiculous and basically happened due to our country having multiple national languages. We kinda gave up by now to have the recognition, but we do drag tourists to our "frituur" whenever we can to make them eat Belgian fries. Those local fries shops are the reason we have the lowest amount of McDonald's per capita among western countries, we like our own fries too much ^^

into the new world won music show awards when it was released and debuted in the top 10. Additionally it has become a protest song in South Korea around 2016. The song was popular enough for an idol debut at the time.

As for replay, are you for real? SHINee were the first group to ever get the so called "rookie grand slam" winning “Rookie of the Year” award at all five major awards shows—consisting of MelOn Music Awards (MMA), Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA), Golden Disk Awards (GDA), GAON Chart Music Awards, and Seoul Music Awards (SMA)

I meant like they didn't promote it because Sungjin and Jae were having anxiety issues, so they didn't perform on music shows or do any activities to promote it.

But yeah companies should still try their best to do what they can to try and make their comeback as successful as possible

there's so much companies can do without music shows. play up that social media presence, get the song on the radio, etc

it's good that they weren't pushed to perform though

• we held the record of going the longest without an elected government and then it got broken... by us again.
    • we have 3 national languages, German (as op indicated), Dutch and French. Most of us know at least 2 of them
    • there's more than one kind of Belgian waffles. Also I'm not sure how people in the US make the so-called "belgian waffles" but they're nothing like the ones we make and not even that good
    • the word "spa" (like a wellness) comes from the Belgian town Spa which to this day has some pretty good wellness places
    • both the NATO headquarters and the European parliament are located in Brussels, the result is that we have the highest number of diplomats and foreign press correspondents in the world together with Washington DC
    • we currently have two living kings, the former king and his son, who is on the throne now
    • the smurfs and tintin are both belgian
    • we invented the french fries

Taemin making all the fans cry

I have a good feeling for this comeback. Like even their last comeback did pretty well considering they also had zero promotions for it

honestly, companies really should be obligated to do the bare minimum to promote comebacks

Honestly speaking I actually did think of that last year, like since they can't do tours if they need to enlist actually realistically speaking last year or now would be a good time.

But I guess Sungjin want to make sure Day6 has 1 more album as OT5 before he enlist. He always puts Day6 first

Then we should do our best with streams and stuff, so the comeback does well.

yes, I started out with Japanese languages and culture and got my bachelors degree in it and a minor in history, but after working for a year, I realised I wouldn't find a job with it that I would want to do for a long time, so I went back to do business management courses. It's okay to not know from the start, there is no shame in that.

it's a tad hard to think positive now, however it is a good time to enlist. They can't perform for fans in person right now, but they will be able to in 2022.

Only heard their latest cb and not a fan. Especially that rap and "sorry, the number you dial, etc etc" was cringey AF.

Wanted to give them a chance since I watched Minho in a drama recently, but their music is just not my jam.

Check out some of their older albums. The misconception albums are a completely different vibe for example. also maybe code and body rhythm from the new album. Very different songs as well.

I like their latest title song (i listened the whole new album and i like title song and Code the most).

I usually like more vocal based and melodic songs, not too much autotune, not to rap heavy. (that's just usually, i also like some more upbeat songs)

I'll check Symptoms, thank you.

If you like melodic songs, all of Jonghyun's songs might be to your taste. Other than that, their most vocal songs are mostly ballads (sm really is a sucker for getting at least one group member to rap), like selene 6.23 and don't let me go. Definitely check out view as well since it so completely different from anything else they did.

Depends on what you usually like? But I would definitely say symptoms as a good starting point

I wanted to say that :-D They have amazing artist that have come from the group like Camila and Normani and this will always be my number one Anthem

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But as a group they weren't that influential, and certainly not on the same length as Little mix :/

Oooohhhh I should check out Normani's solo stuff!

Firstly, girls generations on average have around 100M views on their youtube videos, with several having more than double. This in a time that 1 billion views was a rarity. As in only 1 video succeeded (gangnam style) and this was 5 years after their debut. Around 2011-2012, youtube had 790 million active users according to their own numbers. Compare this to the 2.3 billion users reported last year. That's a 191% increase in user base. Meaning they would have a much bigger possible audience.

Additionally, spotify indicated a 1800% increase in interest towards kpop since 2014, so let's say a 2000% increase since 2012.

Now, what this indicates is that 2ne1 and snsd debuted and most actively promoted in a very different digital environment. Now if we do some calculations and apply the "inflation" rates mentioned above to Gee by snsd, we would get anywhere between 511 million and 5.3 billion streams. 2ne1 would pull even slightly higher streams. Based on this, they would be in the same league as black pink.

That's about the only comparison you can make, as you cannot be certain the concepts and songs would work today, nor what they would sound like if they debuted today.