Posts by HyperionZero

All she needs to do is show Em any material from the rap line - solo or group, he will be floored!!

I mean the rap god's daughter is a fan for a reason!!!

And with Hobi meeting J. Cole and Big Sean shouting him out, there's no doubt that Em knows about the rap line to some degree. Especially after the Wu Tang Clan sample on his Hobi's album, I'm sure that caught the attention of a lot of people.

Thats cool I never knew that! I bet checking out other peoples work is also inspiring so makes sense too

Yeah, when he says he's a huge fan of rap, he means it. The guy's favorite rapper is LL Cool J and still gets starstruck whenever he sees him lmao. So considering how much BTS dominates the industry and how they're known to have a strong rap-line AND their origins lie in more of the Hip Hop side of things, I'm sure he's got curious.

In fact, Suga would likely be the type of rap Em would immediately gravitate towards since that style is similar to what he does nowadays. He'd appreciate all of them, but he'd especially like Suga.

Do you think she shows Eminem bts mvs and asks for his opinion

Eminem is on record saying that anything Hip Hop related that's trending or on the rise, he checks out. He's a huge student of the whole genre and culture, so it's very likely that he's seen at least a couple BTS videos, and possibly also checked out the rap line's solo material. Or at the very least RM's.

We might find Life's Too Short lame or boring, but it brings out some variety among aespa's promoted tracks.

Yep. They have variety to their catalogue now, so people can't come out and say "Oh Aespa only makes beep boop music", they're showing that they have range. The subject matter is not only relatable to so many people and is quite possibly a reflection of how the girls themselves feel (especially given what happens in SMCU Ep 2), it's also simple, straightforward and it feels good. Plus the MV itself is very dreamy.

But I can't lie, Illusion is my favorite song on the album, and I feel like that one deserves a music video. Maybe when they do the third episode for their SM Culture Universe project, that'll be when they touch on it, given the lyrics. "Episode 3 - Illusion" has a nice ring to it.

As soon as he started doing the trumpets, I already knew. I would not be surprised if many self-producing idols are massive Kanye fans, I believe Soyeon is also a big Ye fan? I think I read it in an article somewhere.

Speaking as a producer myself, the guy is very skilled at what he does. It's definitely not easy to produce the amount of quality consistently at the rate that Stray Kids does, so you gotta give him (and the entire group) their flowers man.

This song takes me back. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is such an amazing album.

I'm sure she knows her condition and state of mind much better than we do. And I'm sure that information is available to the company as well.

They took all that into account and she still renewed. I believe she made the right choice for herself.

Pretty much. When she kept saying how much she wanted to be with Twice forever, that pretty much made it clear for me that she wasn't going to. And if she's saying that openly, it'd also imply she's healthy enough to actually continue her activities at a satisfactory level. Of course, you never know what happens behind the scenes and things can always change, but I feel like they've been hinting for a while that Twice isn't ending any time soon.

Once she was bobbing her head like crazy that one time during the US show early in the year, I think that was her way of saying that she's all good to go. Pair that with the amount of love the girls felt from US Onces, and I can't imagine them ever wanting to stop that anytime soon. If anything, it seems like they had a ton of fun! Especially Dahyun and the LA water lmao.

They'll still be breaking records as 30 year old ahjumma.

They're going to hit 1M albums sold with their next comeback. We could even see a top 20 hit on the Hot 100 at some point too.

The best part of this whole extension: more time for Michaeng :froghype:

Not to mention, Formula of Love has an 88 on Metacritic, which is insane for ANY artist, but especially for a Kpop artist/group. It's also their highest charted album in the US and Canada, and adding into how massively successful the US tour was? This next phase is going to be incredible. They're for sure going to dominate, I'd say a Top 20 hit is feasible.

Not gonna lie this sounds very good, I like it ❤️🙏

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If this ends up as a real song, this is a good sign, that's sounding strong. It almost kinda reminds me of mid-late 2000s Timbaland kind of production.

...Speaking of, if YG ever let them get on a Timbo beat, that's an easy layup.

It happens to everyone eventually. I think the more important thing is whether or not the artist/group's music quality has dropped. If Twice stopped breaking chart records but still made undeniably amazing albums like Formula of Love, that works well enough for me. After all, to me, the most important part is the music. Everything else is extra.

It also doesn't mean older groups are gonna start going from multi-platinum to triple pinewood on the charts either, many will still be successful. But times change, new acts will come in, and the landscape will inevitably be different from how things may be right now. Many of the current favorites came in after the previous generation had their run, and it'll be the same once again. Nothing lasts forever, but that's why it's so precious to appreciate what's going on now, because one day it'll all be warm nostalgia you'll feel happy to reflect back on.

I distinctly remember the same reaction when pop teasers were released. Look how that went

Which goes to show you that people are overreacting, they should at least wait until the song actually comes out first. There's no telling where the direction of the song is gonna go from a short clip. But if they had came out with this instead of the royalty images, people would've been way more receptive to it.

Only thing I can think of is either they knew this would happen and it's intentional, or they switched up everything last minute (which doesn't sound plausible at all).

It's because when it comes to Lisa's verses, that's what gets criticized the most. Whoever is responsible for writing them, that still applies. And the fact that there's barely any music makes it worse, because that's why people go after her like that. Of course, none of that falls on Lisa at all, so no hate to her. And I would be remiss to not point out that a good percentage of the hate she gets can be overblown and is coming from people who wish to see her fail. But my overall point is that knowing the political stance BB has, and then seeing some of the things that get added into Lisa's verses, it's not a stretch to see how things correlate.

Being a black man in his late-twenties who really started actively listening to Kpop in the pandemic and started off with Blackpink, the kpop industry is very interesting to me in how they go about things. There's some bad and some good, but boy, I was really surprised to see so many instances of controversies revolving around cultural insensitivity. And I've also noticed that when people call out companies and idols about these sorts of things, some fans can become very defensive or outright toxic. As a result, any constructive dialogue that occurs can easily go off the rails. Not to mention the more obvious point to make -- these idols are grown enough to take responsibility for the things they say and do, and babying them like they're sheltered from the world does more harm than good to everyone involved.

The use of AAVE makes my head hurt. Why is it even necessary? Do the writers think it makes groups sound cooler or something?

And the obvious irony is that it makes them look worse. As we can see in these times, these companies are trying more and more to break into the Western market and these kinds of things will not fly over here.

Take Iggy Azalea for example, she's from Australia but you wouldn't know that at all if you heard how she raps. And it's not like she was raised in America her whole life in a certain area and that's why she raps the way she does, her rap voice and her speaking voice are vastly different. To the surprise of nobody, most people were not going for it, and now you don't really her too much about her anymore.

This is why I feel like maybe one possible solution is to include black musicians into the mix because let's be honest, so much of Kpop's musical DNA comes from black musicians. And if these companies are going to want to break into America, it would behoove them to hire people that know what does and doesn't fly over here. But I don't even know if that would be a long-term fix.

You're not wrong but I chalk that up to Koreans shortcomings

K-pop is an imitation,it's not original at all

However I don't know if bekuh boom is actually racist + her raps are decent - good,she knows how to make bangers tbh so she's talented

Thing is with Bekuh Boom, the lyrics she gives Lisa continuously get scrutinized to the point where any time Blackpink's Rap abilities are discussed, certain lines get brought up (you know which ones I mean), so even that is an issue. If anything, Lisa's charisma is the reason why it works the way it does, despite the questionable lines here and there. It makes me wonder how different Lisa's sound would be if she started writing all of her stuff (if she has the confidence to).

I think they were going for a late ‘90s, early 2000s look. The song sounds like something from that era, too. I dig it!

That's what I thought too, the filter is an artistic choice. Especially when the song itself is a lot "softer" than what you would typically expect with Aespa. And I like it a lot, not everything has to have next level production and semi-melodic hyperpop. Sometimes it's good to tone it down a bit and deliver a message as straightforward as possible.

It's good too because not only is it a song where it's addressing haters in an unexpected direction (because most songs with that kind of theme would be a LOT more aggressive about it), but it shows that they can be versatile. So there's less room for antis to say "Oh Aespa only makes beep-boop music." Plus it just feels good.