Posts by EnhypenHi

This is true. I used to work in a Muslim country and 99% of my Muslim colleagues are open minded tbh , more open minded than non-muslims . The funny thing is esp in twitter , 90% of those pretending to be offended are not even Muslims . I feel sorry for those genuine concerns because it kinda defeat the purpose, there are too many clout chasers .

If ur talking abt that incident, I believe it was a different scenario. Not all issues should be addressed esp if there is no solid evidence to back it up. It’s more prudent to keep ur silence than discuss things esp if it’s not true. Sometimes , there is dignity in silence . And I agree on that stance. Somehow, it works well with them since Enhypen is doing pretty well.

But for this issue, since it’s more solid & controversial , if I were Belift - ill just apologize and get over it. Nobody wants a sincere apology this days as long as they apologize fast .

There were a few controversial situations like this before and they kept silent despite fans constantly contacting them and requesting an apology.

This , I agree. Why are we rushing them to apologize? Considering it’s lunar holidays and usually celebrate it longer than the actual holidays . We also need to respect their customs & culture . There are things that need reflection to get a sincere apology. That’s why I am questioning the motive of some for blowing this up, There are of course genuine concerns but mostly , it’s just clout chasing if not using this opportunity to hate on Enhypen more.

Honestly, I kind of agree with you on this. Requested apologies probably aren’t sincere, but with an industry that is quick to jump on the cancel train, it’s a quick way to get those people off their backs and slow the backlash. It was up to me, I’d rather them just reflect on it themselves individually, and grow as a person than have them apologize insincerely.

In my opinion, co-fans should not push the fans who won the fan call to give up their time to discuss unless they are willing & able to do so . Their time & opinion should be respected, in the same manner that if a certain group took offense on this issue. We should not arm-wrestled them - respect only begets respect.

I am non- muslim, i cant tell anyone not to be offended but i am also offended that we use the term “ should educate” anyone of their customs, beliefs or religion. It’s not mandatory to do that. No one should be obligated to learn anything like it’s a mandatory military training or demanding people to check items they buy for fear of getting cancelled. No one should expect that . Instead tolerance & understanding the situation are more appropriate. In some cultures one act can be acceptable while in others it can be a taboo & it goes on. Cancelling each others missteps will create more division and cultivate hate . It’s easy to learn things when no one is imposing it or no one is acting superior that they should know this. It only makes some people reject it more. There are many ways to skin a cat . Guilt tripping and calling people ignorant are definitely not the way. I’ve seen some in twitter or even in some threads here saying the line , ignorant or choosing to be ignorant as if they know it all.

In this issue, It is mainly the fault of the shop since they clearly know what they are selling. The stylist might have some lapses in judgement but benefit of the doubt should be given to him/her too. TBH, i felt bad for the stylist too because he/she can be doing a lot of things and we don’t even know what actually happened but people are already judging and demanding a lot . It’s important to know what is it that they want in this situation. Is it just an apology? Do we want some heads to roll? Stylists fired? Also, people are using this opportunity to pull Enhypen down considering that there are other well-known groups who wore that. If this is about accountability, they should be called out too!

Lastly, having an open mind should not be exclusive to one party, nor expect anything from anyone they cant do themselves .

1. Last Aug 2021 when i watched I-Land in YT. I am not yet familiar with Enhypen then. I immediately like Heeseung when he was introduced in Ep 1, Bang PD, Zico & Rain were all praises for him. Then, I started watching their MVs, and other videos .

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

2. I think Fever video cemented it — Fever is like 40% Heeseung so that pretty much made him my bias and fever my favorite song . It actually pulled a lot of non-fans to like Enhypen.

https://youtu.be/X7d6Dt17yHk

Just A little Bit is my next favorite song, Heeseung’s triple high notes is pretty impressive and his voice blends well with Jay. It also showcases their voices so I like it a lot. I love their performance in Korea Festa

https://youtu.be/Fi66NLXGJH0

All their title tracks are BOP but my favorite is Blessed-Cursed. They look so confident and it suits them well. Jay’s swag ( i honestly think, he shines the most in this song) , Heeseung’s rap and vocal ( he’s my bias so 😂), Ni-Ki’s dancing skills, I think are the higlights of this song. But all did well as always. It’s their best TT MV for me .

All their B-sides are equally good. Aside from Fever and Just A Little Bit , my next favorite is Polaroid Love. It warms my heart. Jake, Sunoo and Heeseung voices are great in this song. This song is also GP friendly in Korea and hopefully it gives them more exposure in KR.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

3. Check them out in Enhypen channel & V-Live.Also,their guestings in Korean variety show . I also recommend to watch their collab with Txt . It’s quite good , it shows how talented they are in different genre. If u have time, u can watch I-Land too 😂

1. When did you start stanning them or when did you become a fan, and why?

2. What are your favorite songs?

3. What is the best way to get to know the members more (best interviews, performances or introduction videos)?

And i also dont understand the obession with K-charting ( melon in particular) like it’s the beginning & end of everything. It’s just one platform that no one else cares if you are not Korean. Who cares if GP in Korea do not like BG in general except BTS? All BG core fandom are most likely outside Korea anyways . So okay - Korea belongs to GG while the rest of the world to BG . 😂

YT is not organic due to ads. Looking at the likes are better. Overall total streams and monthly listeners in Spotify ,it is still boygroups. Other charting - BB, Oricon, Europe . Still BG.

Where do bgs have bigger streams? Definitely not on yt. Ggs destroy bgs on yt. Are u all talking about bsides? Even on Spotify gg titles do better than bg titles.

Bgs don't have great longevity on Spotify global either.

Well , at least 4th BG are more relevant than 4th GG globally. Why are we even talking about BTS? No one is even closer to them - not the GG or BG.

Again, proves my point that GG relevance will only last 2-3 yrs and another younger GG will beat them. It’s different for BG. Since they have bigger fandom globally, loyal supporters , they tend to last longer and build their career better. So my opinion, GG is better in Korea while globally it’s BG. Globally is bigger than Korea reason why they have bigger fandom & physical sales.

like any bg outside of bts has any relevance globally lol

my point is that 4th gg are able to beat their direct competition: older ggs, while 4th gen bgs can't do that, and that means a lot when it comes to their success

nobody is expecting ggs to outsell bgs , that has never happened outside of snsd having the best selling album in 2011. but if they are doing better than the older groups, keeping alive the digital and cfs market, selling better physically each year, having it girls, etc while the bgs aren't keeping the digital and cfs market at all, are selling better than some older bgs but can't enter the top 5 best sellers, have no relevant idol in korea, etc that does mean the girls are outdoing the boys, in my opinion.

And why do they need to outchart or outsell 3rd Gen BG? I think it only proves my point that boy groups last longer . And GP’s interest on GG will usually change after 2-3 years. Like top 10 best seller are all boygroups plus Twice. The topic is 4th gen GG outdoing 4th gen BG not 3rd gen vs 4th Gen. Even if 3rd gen BG are still doing well, it has nothing to do with 4th BG doing well too in comparison with 4th Gen GG. But I agree that aespa has a chance to do well internationally too and I dont even like them. Rest — lets see if they can chart outside Korea to see their relevance globally after a year or so.

even if we take bts out of consideration (when i wrote that comment i did) none of 4th gen are outselling nct units or seventeen. exo sold about the same as skz and enhypen despite their hiatus. while all of them outcharted 4th gen bgs easily and even 2nd gen bgs that came back in 2021 did (shinee,highlight,2pm,2am)

you don't see the same happening with ggs. aespa outcharted all ggs in 2021, while stayc and ive had bigger hits that 3rd and 2nd gen ggs with the exception of oh my girl. aespa and itzy sold the best among ggs after twice. even if bp comes back, both groups are now top 4 best seller ggs. meanwhile bg top 5 rankings are still full of 3rd gen: bts, seventeen, nct 127, nct dream and nct.

I think it’s a matter of personal taste. I dont find any 4th gen gg interesting at all. Blackpink is the only interesting kpop gg for me.

Digital charting, in Korea — yes, this is being dominated by GG . But globally, it’s still BG based on Spotify streams, BB US/Japan even in Europe.

In physical sales, fandom size, people who know them outside Korea— it’s still boy groups’ world. I think gg market are mostly concentrated in Korea while it’s global for BG. This is the reason why BG usually last longer than GG. GP in Korea usually losts interest after 2-3 years & look for new /younger gg to support.

About outselling/outcharting 3rd gen, who can do that againts BTS? And BP did not even release any album yet for 2 yrs nor are they even active as a group. That opens up opportunities for new gg. But Enhypen /Straykids were able to become a million seller ( Gaon) as the only 4th gen to do it and only quite a few from 3rd gen were able to do it. EN as the onlt 4th gen to surpass 1 Million sales in Hanteo. In spotify , Skz and EN ranked 1st & 3rd on having the most monthly listeners from 4th Gen. Spotify is one of the ways to measure their relevance outside Korea.We are not even discussing BB, Oricon and other relevant charts in Europe.

personally, girlgroups from 4th gen are completly outdoing their bg counterparts. from visuals to talents to concepts, everything, i find them way more interesting and appealing

based on success, I also agree the ggs are doing better because if we go by comparisons, both sides are improving their international streams and physicals, but bgs are doing worse than ever in korea while ggs are able to keep the success from the 2nd and 3rd gen. just like recently we got 4th ggs having more hits and outselling some older ggs, no 4th bg is able to outchart the 2nd/3rd gen bg releases from last year or even outsell them physically

I never watched i-land, I'm not into survival shows. their music made join the fandom :) i still can't tell all of their voices apart, i can recognize only jongwon and jay

Yeah, it’s easy to spot JW. But for me, so is Heeseung ( perhaps bec he is my bias) .He is usually in charge of all the high notes, killer parts and all background vocals . He also does a lot of adlibs when they sang live. Try to watch when they sang “ Just A Little Bit” in Weekly Idol. Kinda give u an idea about their voices . I think they also did well in their last SMA performance & last encore in Music bank. I used to get confused as well esp with Jake and Sunoo , Jay & Sunghoon but now I can tell them apart

[Weekly Playlist] 엔하이픈(ENHYPEN)의 <몰랐어(I Didn't Know)>♬ Full ver. l EP.532
    몰랐어... 엔하이픈에 입덕할 줄 몰랐어...☆항상 강렬한 퍼포먼스로 우리들의 눈과 귀를 즐겁게 해준 엔둥이들!이번엔 엔진들을 위해 감미로운 라이브 무대를 준비했다는데...♥첫 정규앨범의 수록곡 무대!ENHYPEN이 부르는 ‘몰랐어’♬#주간아이돌 #WeeklyPlaylist #EN...
    youtu.be

Also , watched it after the group was formed around mid aug last yr out of boredom. Got hooked after that and i become a fan of kpop group for the very first time. In addition to Heeseung, Jay got my attention too. I think he is cute with all those embarrasing moments & angst . He doesnt want new engenes to watch i-land . 😂

my biases are heeseung, jungwon and sunoo but it basically depends on the song etc.

I watched I-land after the line up was revealed and I remember not being interested in the other trainees from I-land, except the enhypen members but I didn't know most of them at that time. I only knew heeseung and sunoo and I just watched some youtube clips. That's why I never watched the show before. I think I'm very lucky that all my 7 faves got in.