Posts by aeconic

Honestly I've liked every single Twice title track/album. Including Signal and More & More (which I think is one of their best songs). Eyes Wide Open is a holy grail. In my opinion, it's up there with Red Velvet's Perfect Velvet. However, I think as a whole, Formula of Love is their worst album. Overall I'm disappointed. I don't think the title track is bad but the b sides aren't delivering as they usually do. Also, don't get me started on the album art. It seems like JYPE has officially given up in that aspect :pepe-sad: the music video for Scientist was brilliant though. I loved it.

Okay wait, so in the first episode of SM culture universe, how they pronounce "ae" almost like "I" - that's the pronunciation that's the acronym for Alter Ego?

I dunno, I've said I don't like a song and didn't get attacked for it. Most recent example, I gave my feedback of Lisa's latest collab SG. I stated what parts of the song I liked, but why I felt it overall fell flat. I didn't get any backlash and no one said I hated Lisa.

There is a diff between saying it respectfully (and as a response to being asked) than just shooting out some edgy comment for a few kekekes.

I guess it just depends on which user replies. I always try to be respectful when I share my opinion but have still been called a hater for absolutely no reason.

Tbh usually no one is allowed to have a REAL opinion on this forum unless they want to start an argument. No one can even deny this. I see some claims that it's when others exaggerate and say something like "this is the worst song ever" but it doesn't even start there. If I were to say I don't like a song, I'll have fans quoting me to accuse me of being a hater. I must hate that group right because I don't stan them and I dislike some of their songs? Some fandoms are worse at this than others.

Sure, by definition it is a full album. The point is that there are only four new songs. Only YGE and their sub labels do this. Just call it a mini album instead of getting hopes up that we'll get 8 new songs (or 7, not including Dumb Dumb).

Her previous singles were never released as physical copy so they have to end up in one of her album. If you aren't going to be buying her physical copy album then I don't want to hear any complaints.

But I do agree that they should have added at least 1-2 more new songs.

A lot of artists release digital singles that aren't released as physical copies. I can agree with Dumb Dumb being on the album because it was a release leading up to the album. The other three should have been replaced with new songs or they should of just said it's a mini album.

Tbh though I can complain if I want, regardless. As a consumer, why should I feel obligated to buy the physical copy if I'm not satisfied?

To me, ENHYPEN is a totally different case. They've already had two minis and a full album in less than a year. I can consider it a full album because it's 8 new tracks, despite one being an intro and another being an interlude.

Of course TBL can decide how they want to label their releases but the fans can still criticize it. Somi barely releases music so no matter how people defend it, it's disappointing. At least to me.

but somi self composes her songs. maybe thats how many songs she was okay with releasing? i kinda feel like somi is really hard on herself, esp with how strict she is with managing her weight and she only wants to show her fans her best works which is why its so limited.

kinda reminds me of a dean.ive been waiting for his album for soo long but hes also someone who only wants to put out his best works which means limited music for his fans but the music he does release is striaght bops which applies to somi as well

somi isnt in a kpop gg anymore. shes a solo artist, emphasis on both solo and artist. if ppl dont like her music, the hate goes to her and shes very sensitive to hate. and artist bc she selfcomposes meaning, with the help of the other blacklabel producers, she creates these songs from scratch. this isnt a kpop gg where theyre given a song written and produced by someone else. its all her. its a hard process.

I know she's hard on herself, I've posted about that in the past. My main point is that The Black Label shouldn't get the fans hopes up by saying it's a full album. At best it's a mini album.

for promoting this as a full album when there are only eight tracks, and only four new ones. Especially when two of them were released over two years ago. I'm not sure if there is another thread on this or not but I didn't see one. Anyways, Somi deserves better. The fans deserve better. I'm disappointed and yet not surprised in the least.

No photo description available.

As an ARMY, I have to admit I don't like Idol. But there are so many BTS songs to stream, so I just skip Idol. And, it's just a song out of their many many awesome song (and title tracks), so where's the hypocrisy?

Also, I dunno anyone here who said, "ThEiR eNtIrE DiScOgRaPhY iS nOiSe MuSiC"...

But, imo, who'd want to listen to B-sides (when consistently), a bg's title track is off-putting? Title tracks are supposed to attract new listeners not turn them off.

That’s exactly my point. BTS has a lot of songs in their discography that stray away from noise music. So do other groups. I didn’t claim that anyone here said that, but a lot of people on here listen to one title track and try to claim that everything that group releases is noise music. If I only listened to Idol and then went around saying all BTS releases is noise music wouldn’t that be annoying to someone who has listened to their entire discography? That’s the point I’m trying to make.

BTS & BP are the most criticized groups in Kpop. Believe me. Any criticism those groups are getting for “noise music”. BTS & BP got it x10 and much much worse when there was actual diversity in sound in Kpop. But, the formula for both of those groups do not equate to the formula of ITZY, Stray Kidz and Aespa. Before those groups, SM & JYP groups had a vastly different sound that rarely touched the mesh of Hip Hop / EDM like YGE AND Big Hit in the past. That was their lane. They appealed to western artists. NCT actually didn’t get that label until recently. They debuted the same year as BP and from their debut to around Regular. Their title tracks were quite liked and only Cherry Bomb really stuck out as experimental and different but even that grew on people. All in all, I’m just saying that nobody is inescapable from this critique I mean BP got criticized for YEARS for their music just being noise. D4, KTL, and HYLT were all called disjointed and loud and that’s where the popularity of the critique came from.

I can't deny anything you've stated. I agree. I guess what I'm really trying to say is that just as BTS and Blackpink have "noise music" their discography in itself has variety. They have plenty of songs that go outside of that category. Itzy, Stray Kids, and NCT all have songs in their discography that are completely different. NCT has R&B, Itzy has pop, Stray Kids has ballads. Some people on here try to perpetuate this idea that "noise music" is all that these groups have to offer. If they would take some time to listen to these groups, they'd realize it's not true. My main issue is that they listen to a couple title tracks and make up their mind that it's the new poster group for noise music and then they generalize their entire discography.

You should definitely stan/vote for Shen Xiao Ting. If she isn't in the group the entire thing will feel like a lie (even though it already does). I'm not sure when they'll debut though so I'll save that for someone else to answer. As for Cai Bing, she was pretty high up in the rankings but MNET edited her to look like a total b word to another trainee Kim Dayeon. Essentially, in the next episode she fell severely in the rankings and was voted out. If I'm wrong about anything, anyone should correct me. My memory is terrible :pepe-hehe: