Posts by GoGoYoungeun

Releasing a fully song in english which is not a bad thing, but when they are based in Korea and all of them are japanese, where are they going to promote? I was looking forward to this group, but now they are just stuck in ''no man's land''. Their company is just releasing tiktok videos, short clips of their dance practice and different versions of it. I just don't know how this group will take off. Right now, even FNC Prikil is doing overall better. They at least has a market they can promote in.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Funny because in an interview, the company said they didn’t even think of promoting on music shows lmao They admitted to not thinking that far ahead. Even though avex is involved, the company like you said is based in Korea as it’s partially a Korean company (korean choreographer, korean trained, korean mv production crew, koreans involved in the song) which people fail to comprehend or aren’t aware of. Girlies are LITERALLY in Korea right now with no shows Korean or Japanese to promote on lol They’re just going to come and go honestly despite their fans claiming how they’re going to destroy 4th gen girl groups even though they’re not a Korean group 🤔

Half true. I saw a video saying the producer was an American team and the choreo was Choi Hyojin (1mil dance's?).

Koreans participated in the music production as well. A Korean production team also made the mv. The company isn’t even located in Japan. This is technically just your average kpop girl crush gg but with Japanese members like niziu. Japan doesn’t have much to do with if at all with the creation of this group as majority of the members trained in Korea. Strange how that’s becoming the trend now with Korean companies.

korean audience is really demanding, they are not interested in idols also, so if the group has the gp favor, they are automatically impactful. as a longtime kpop fan myself..the thing with 4th gen bgs is that they just make crap music. I am not able to listen to them and "maniac" made me 100% sure about it. if 90% of kpop only want to have a catchy chorus for tik tok, what do we expect? to hit intl the company has to offer a member, usually a rapper, the "i'm a bad bibi" line and go with expensive and bossy vibe for mv, powerful, bad b anthem, self-love and here you go lmao. "next level" was the greatest success of aespa because people felt empowered by lyrics, blackpink, itzy, ive and more. people have to identify with mood of the song and they will buy it. the gp, however, pays attention to the production method and how the vocal of the members/soloist are used. because gp chooses idols to represent the country actually.

Reason for why aespa and other ggs can get away with strangely structured songs (especially aespa) is because their main target isn’t men and their concepts are unique or gp friendly/familiar. These boy groups despite pumping out similar structured music keep targeting women and girls and that’s not the gp. The gp includes both genders. Korean men don’t want to stream or make famous bgs with dark concepts, wearing bdsm fits, over the top choreography sacrificing strong vocals, repetitive lyrics about love, and “pots and pans” for instrumentals. This is the problem for bgs despite targeting the Korean market first. Ggs will continue to be more successful for the time being if companies don’t rethink their target audience for bgs. Korean audience might be picky but using a different strategy other than the one they’re using now for bgs will get them closer to getting out of nugudom :pepe-popcorn:

Most companies only focus on popularity at the international level and ignore the local market, especially boy groups now. But, is this good for their career especially after being disbanded? Wouldn’t after that most of them go back and focus on the local market? Without being known among the gp, it will be harder for them to get cf and brand deals as it is targeting the local people and need familiar faces as the brand ambassador or good acting deals especially if they're older. While at the international level, only their fans who know them as most of the new groups now are not like Bts, Bp, Exo, Twice even Got7 who are known even by the non kpop fans. Which it is difficult to even get deals for the outside as they're not very known too among the public. Having a decent popularity locally at least gives them more career opportunities after being disbanded and what most company do now only give benefits to them not their artists. What's your opinion?

Having only an international fanbase is a big no no for any groups looking for longevity because we all know kpop fans have adhd and move onto the next thing fast especially if they can’t be as privileged getting the free constant content they were when the group was active. As much as fans believe the Korean market is neglect able and korean fans are “ungrateful”, it’s the one where their favs will receive the most stable support after retiring. I think this why almost all of them try to get into the acting field before their group disbands to get the gp’s attention and the perks that come with it (cf deals) lol. Starring in a hit drama or movie always gets the job done. Problem is, not all of them can do that leaving us back at square one.

After listening to the song, it sounds better than itzy’s recent Korean releases lol The choreography also looked really cool and not that easy based off the shots. If this was a Korean song instead or received a Korean version, it would be bigger. This song also won’t get promoted much anywhere because it’s a Japanese release so no pretty stages, 4k camera shots, fancams, or many dance performances. What is JYPE smoking? :pepefacepalm:

The chorus was simply rapping "keep you on your tippy toes. ta ta ta ta ta" on repeat over the beat. The music was kinda empty, opposite to usual K-pop song where so much going on at once musical wise.

I suppose some melody or heavier music will give a stronger chorus.

Dance wise, I wonder if the choreographer is Korean. It looks more Japanese with all members doing the same move most of the time and the formation looks simpler. I wanna see more of it but no performance video has been available.

I heard the producers and choreographer are Korean.

Well yeah english songs do occasionally chart but xg’s company has no presence in Japan what so ever as they’re a new company. They don’t have any acts to draw a fandom from. And no, yge has nothing to do with them. Media playing using yge’s name to garner up a fanbase could get them into trouble lol It’s bad enough kpoppies were so slow that they automatically assumed they were baemon which was where like 90% of the attention is continuing to come from.

Even if rose did release otg, she didn’t debut in a group where the title track was a complete English song which is unheard of in kpop as the Korean market is always the first priority despite kpoppies trying to say otherwise lol

Of course xg can promote in Japan as they’re a Japanese group. Thing is, English songs aren’t in high demand in Japan and xg’s concept and music choice doesn’t fit the trending popular female girl groups. There are literally no other groups remotely similar to them that are relevant.

Xg, like jo1, ini, and niziu is supposed to be a localized jk/western group based solely in Japan. They won’t regularly be promoting in Korea like your average kpop group as they simply aren’t one and shouldn’t be expected to either. Lots of foreign acts need to be invited and approved to appear on Korean music shows. It isn’t that simple. And mcountdown and music bank are literally Korean media platforms centered around music lol.

the song is a bop but feels very "kpop group catering to west"!! Also if they want to secure the Japanese Market, they need to cater to Japanese gp.

Which they didn’t do which was stupid on their company’s part lol Imagine ditching the second largest market for the American market that doesn’t even generally pay asian groups much attention. They have like little to no fandom or presence in Japan right now even with the yg media play. Not smart.

The comments on their MV is about 20:1 with English dominating over Japanese comments so that doesn't bode well for the song in Japan right now.

And this is where they messed up lol. Using yg as media play is going to backfire in the long run. You don’t know how many people still believe that they’re a kpop group under yge lmao That’s where all of the non Japanese people are coming from. They’re not going to be able to chart or get featured on Japanese tv since the Japanese aren’t really interested in groups like them or have a Japanese song to get them familiar with the gp. Not even kpop groups aimed at international markets debut with an entire English album or title track as they know they need domestic support to be able do keep them afloat until they can officially target out of Korea. Apparently, girlies aren’t even in Japan but SK right now so how are they going promote on Japanese music shows? 🤣 Their company didn’t think this through.

Why would they debut with a complete English song? So they don’t care about gaining much of a Japanese domestic fanbase where like majority of the money will be coming in? 🤣

Ironically, China has their own comfort women in regards to the Japanese occupation so this level of trolling they think they’re doing is some low IQ type nonsense. They also don’t think highly of Japan’s rising sun military flag.

tbh aespa got alot of hate at debut but everyone shut up once next level smashed (and are starting to hate on them for other things now lol)

i bet it'll be the same for nmixx

But next level is a much better sounding song and I don’t usually like loud non cohesive music. There was a hook and a structured chorus that makes it become an earworm while for o.o….🤣 I don’t think the song has the potential to reach next level or savage heights. Girlies will just be a laughing stock to 4th gen fandoms until their cb which HOPEFULLY is better produced. If not, they’re screwed. Aespa was able to shut majority of the hate down with their hits and album sales but now they’re mainly targeted for not singing live. If nmixx actually manages to bag a music show win and they have a good encore stage, they can somewhat keep people interested in them.

At least aespa isn’t receiving amount of hate nmixx is. It’s dang near nmixxers vs half of 4th gen all over plagiarism claims lmao Now since their debut was terrible, they’re going to be clowned even more for the next few months until better music is released.