Posts by GoGoYoungeun

It all comes down to whether Chinese fans can find viable workarounds to enable them to keep buying. The K-Pop industry wants their buying power. If they can't get it, they'll lose interest.

Bigbang's next comeback will be of interest to the whole industry because they have a massive Chinese fanbase that will want to support them.

Exactly. They’ll just move on as it’s all business. Since Chinese fans are nothing but solo stans, they’ll keep bulk buying as much albums as they can according to what the ccp allows, but the recent restrictions has weakened the market’s buying power. The Korean industry is making less money there than in Japan. New gen isn’t seeing high bar sales for albums. The revealing of the 4th gen bar sales is nothing to what groups are making in total now. Only companies still recruiting Chinese idols are the same ones we all knew depended on them before the hallyu ban 🤣

• My comment wouldn’t have anything to do with talent if kangk didn’t bring it up. Foreigners are in kpop for businesses purposes period. Everyone knows this.
    •  KangK Celebrity
      • New

Wait... where is the post you accusing me who first started bringing do with talent? You delete it? This is wild. You did not even know you started it.

Forgot what I initially said writing these long paragraphs. Whoops. But your argument is still too weak regardless. Korean idol industry doesn’t NEED Chinese idols as much anymore and nor are they this large asset they’re missing out on besides bringing yuan revenue that doesn’t have as much value as it used to. Sorry buddy.

You just list a bunch of Japanese idols, and I can do the same to the chinese side, but this feel like we going down a rabbit hole if we keep listing people. Most importantly, have there been a group in kpop where a foreign idol is the best singer in a group and she is chinese? That's right, that is aespa.

The Japanese idols I listed are naturally skilled in rap, dancing, and are catching the eyes of Koreans. Do you even know who they are? I wasn’t just listing random Japanese idols off the top of my head. It was supposed to support my argument of Japanese idols being more valued and having more purpose in the industry xD Ningning is a rare case.

And the obvious reasons is money money money. Japanese and Chinese idols are all talented in various degrees and brought something to the table. Obviously there are outstanding talents, in the midst of mediocre one. The reason why any of them were added were not their talent in the first place. You said it yourself so why acting like it's a priority.

Foreigners are in kpop for businesses purposes period. Everyone knows this. Of course they are going to be bringing SOMETHING to the table other than money. They try to find the ones who are naturally talented while being foreign at the same time so it takes less money to spend on training them but a lot of the ones now coming from China only bring visuals which is SOMETHING but far less important for putting together an actual skilled group. Kangta tried to comment on how they bring more to the table than Japanese idols but that’s not actually true these days lol

I dont wanna post. You know Yuqi is one of the best vocal out of Gidle right? Suprise you pfp is aespa. You know NingNing is the best singer from aespa right? Have you seen any Japanese idol recently talented wise and prominent role wise is as important as Yuqi and NingNing?

The Japanese are currently excelling as skilled dancers and rappers and there are more of them contributing to the group according to the roles they were given than Chinese kpop idols lmao There are barely any main vocalists who are Chinese in kpop to begin with who have been recognized by Koreans or out singing the Korean main vocalists. Knetz are showing positive reactions to niki, shotaro, hikaru, koki, mashiro, gisselle, rei, and more. Kpop isn’t even vocal driven anymore so their contribution would technically mean more than the role of a main vocalist. How is there even a comparison at this point? Chinese kpop idols are being outnumbered by the Japanese for obvious reasons when it was the other way around before all of this mess.

I mean, personally, if I was in charge of a company in Korea, I wouldn't use C-idols. It's better to use Japanese or SEA idols. In fact, they should use more SEA. Hiring Chinese idols would just be an unnecessary risk. If I did take such a risk, the idol would have to be damn exceptional or be from Taiwan or Hongkong.

edit: Or, another option could also be including it in their contract to refrain from certain activities that could cause political controversy.

Japanese kpop idols are becoming more talented and bringing more to the table then their Chinese counterparts. All Chinese idols bring now is drama and visuals lmao Even idols from HK and Taiwan are a risk as Jackson, Elkie, and Guanlin have praised the ccp and started careers in the mainland. I don’t know why kpoppies think Koreans need to be ass kissing the Chinese when there is no reason to do that in this day and age lmao Korean music industry isn’t earning enough yuan now for the Chinese to still be active. Karina bar with 47k albums paid for is the biggest for 4th gen. That’s nothing compared to their entire sales :pepe-joy: :pepe-clown-gear:

It depend on the song, concept and the member.

The nationality doesn't help much, it down to the member's charms.

I wouldn’t go as far to say that it drags the group’s charms down as they do give the group an advantage when promoting overseas but the thing is, China’s market for kpop is sort of dying now and groups can still be relatively popular in Japan with no Japanese members. Thing is, kpop groups don’t need to top the charts in Japan or beat out the local acts. They just need the album sales. That’s literally it lol

At this pint you don’t need China and Japan to sell well and the foreigners don’t always have the biggest fanbase. For example in China Karina and Winter have the biggest fanbase and in Japan winter is the most popular despite not being Japanese

Kpop seriously doesn’t like how it did a decade ago. The market grew bigger despite it being saturated. It’s not a shocker for groups at least from the larger companies to sell half a million and groups from smaller to medium sized ones to sell 100-200k. Once these companies realize this, they can stop being greedy for yuan and yen lol

this is a reach right now aespa big sales came from china tho?

According to the internet, they sold over 500k for Savage with ALL Korean tracks (No english, no Chinese, or Japanese). The ccp limited Chinese fans from bulk buying so china bar sales aren’t contributing to a large portion of aespa’s sales. The biggest bar in Aespa is Karina’s and her fanbase only contributed around 50k albums. Aespa doesn’t have a large enough fanbase in Japan either for them to be the sole contributers. It’s Korea hard carrying aespa lmao I thought everyone knew that. No shade to bp but Aespa won’t need to depend on sales from that region anymore.

Standards went down because companies thought it would be a good idea to focus on performance, choreography, and visuals lol. Luckily, encore stages reveal who can actually sing and who can’t but kpoppies keep complaining about knetz ripping them to shreds if they can’t but whine about their favs lip syncing and or not being great singers all day so… :pepefacepalm:

no chinese member is a plus now

no japanese member is a slight minus

nmixx will do very well regardless

If the group wasn’t supposed to be catered to Japan to begin with, it wouldn’t matter. Groups with strong Korean fanbases can do well in Korea now. Aespa and stayc are doing fine. The Chinese didn’t contribute to too much of the sales for either group. Every group doesn’t need foreigners. This is what kpoppies can’t understand for some reason.

But, this relatively small country managed to get something to make wave globally with this very approach. Which country else, with any different approach, sans USA can have the same level of impact? Germany has a far bigger music industry but, I don't think even 0.1% of population of my country knows a single German singer. Neither even 0.2% of that population knows a single Chinese singer debuted in the last 2 decade but Wayv or those former K-pop idols.

I’m not undermining the industry and its hard work but the way they did things years ago and still today. Of how they can choose to promote other acts besides idols while they have the world stage but choose not to as idols are more profitable but is the reason why Korean music equates to music by idols to non Koreans when it’s not topping Korean charts as much as people believe it is. It’s generally fandom driven save for a handful of idols with gp relevancy. The approach was effective but can be revamped in a way.