Posts by GoGoYoungeun

I believe Chaewon was one of the most popular Izone members in Japan as well, so their sales are for sure going to be big. But isn’t she also popular in Korea? At least that’s the impression I had. It’ll probably come down to the concept/sound of the group too when it comes to catching gp’s attention.

Yeah I know about Chaewon but izone fans were making it seem like the group was going to be Sakura and friends because they tend to overestimate her selling power. Regardless of having Sakura and Chaewon, the group could still flop domestically if Koreans don’t like the song and concept.

IVE is already the most successful post-produce group and it hasn’t even been a full week since they debuted. Almost 130k sales and charting relatively high on melon. No other group came close to that.

Still think the Source Music one with Sakura and Chaewon is going to be bigger tho.

Source music group might be bigger, but thing is Sakura isn’t as popular as Wonyoung at least in Korea since everyone has been saying that she’s going to be hard carrying the group by herself with Chinese and Japanese fans. If the song and concept isn’t good, they could flop in Korea but do good internationally. Personally, I’d rather be stable in Korea for longevity purposes and looks like IVE has the potential with Yujin, Wonyoung, and the other members.

• RIGHT NOW, it’s most definitely the Chinese since the ccp put the hallyu ban in place in result of THAAD, Chinese online users have been claiming parts of Korean traditional culture, and Chinese kpop idols keep supporting the ccp and breaking out of their contracts despite having careers in Korea.
    • Japan comes next due to political and historical issues. Japanese government denies the existence of Comfort women and annually visit the Yasukuni Shrine honoring the war criminals. Japanese colonized Korea for 35 years partaking in inhumane things. Your average Japanese person is usually unaware of their country colonizing Korea (and other asian countries) due to their government omitting said information in the school textbooks due to shame and pride. Japanese government and citizens believe dokdo island is actually Takeshima belonging to Japan. The Japanese government took Korea off the white list a while ago and Japan’s media is overall anti Korean if you’re aware of their television programs.
    • Southeast asians are disliked because there is an Asian hierarchy of East Asians being at the top and Southeast Asians at the bottom based off skin complexion (colorism), traditional culture, and modern development.

Hope that clears things up… :eyes:

They already beat them since Starship is lying about some of Ive’s heights for sure lol No way Gaeul is 5’5 and Leeseo 5’7 based off the weekly idol video.

Nope. Wasn't purchasable up until a few days ago so them being on any kind of weekly chart is non existent. And yes I know JPOP for the most part isn't really wanted in Japan. They do have quite a bit more Korean MV views than JO1 though as JO1 has never appeared on the top 100 youtube views which is the second most used streaming service in Korea while NiziU always have for all their MVs in the top 100 from Korea but still that is small sales compared to a paid prescription compared to paid subscriptions. But then again you can't view any Japanese acts on regular TV or listen to them on the radio anyways as over air transmission is banned in Korea so it is a bit harder for Japanese acts to promote in Korea at all. I often wonder how Korea would react if Japan or other countries did the same kind of restrictions to KPOP music and such they do with other countries foreign content. China might do it but who knows. I think they eventually will put NiziU somewhere in Korea for a release even if I think that is an odd move and unnecessary. But I still keep hearing about JYPE putting posters and billboards in Korea with NiziU members and such. I don't see Sony doing that as part of their promotions for the group outside of Japan so it has to be JYPE. That means they are doing some promotions for NiziU in Korea and unless your planning on having them release something there then it's just wasted money.

Koreans just don’t gaf about jpop. There isn’t as much restrictions as people keep saying in Korea for Japanese music. China already had a hallyu ban in place for Korea back in 2016 (still in place) which banned any Korean entertainment from being aired on television. No dramas, no movies, and definitely no Korean act promotions/events so there’s that. The reason why Japanese music was banned was due to Korea/Japan relations (Korean government thought Japanese culture would override Korean culture due to their previous colonization) so there was a valid reason on Korea’s behalf. If kpop becomes banned in Japan, there will be people fighting against it believe it or not lol It’s not even ethical in the first place as there’s demand for it. Japanese companies are also getting a fair share of the kpop pie. Niziu is for Japan as jyp’s new korean gg is for Korea.

The people that keep saying that honestly only see what they want to anyways lol You try to introduce them to bands, indie soloists, trot singers (they’re older so…), and non idol khip hop rappers they’re not even interested in them. And who tf with logic thinks that the Korean music industry is 90% idols? What type of nonsense is that? It’s part of the Korean entertainment’s fault anyways because all they market to be exported are idols because I guess it sells and is “more exciting” hence the younger demographics of who’s consuming it outside of Korea.

That man set New Edition up for no reason knowing damn well NKOTB were going to outsell them due to being of a different and certain race smh