Posts by ill-pray-4-u

Thank you, you went through the effort I didn't want to go through to prove my point.

If the range of a song is shallow, it makes it a lot easier to sing everything from supported notes, in-pitch notes, doing riffs and runs, etc. The more comfortable you are with the key, the easier it is to have a smooth performance.

My definition of facts seems more based in reality than on your end it seems.

Now it seems there are others that agree with me, despite your earlier claims.

I appreciate you trying.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I don't agree with any of this.

You're also the only one that seems to think this way and, with your track record of intentionally hating on Twice, I think my viewpoint has more bearing.

Sorry.

You can't disagree with the facts. The vocal range of the song is a fact. It doesn't even reach an octave.

I'm not the only one that thinks this way, others have pointed out things such as me. Don't lie lmao.

Your viewpoint has little bearing considering there are no coherent points backed up at all. If you want to live in a fantasy though, go ahead.

Sorry to tell you the truth.

The ease of the song is definitely an opinion. I don’t find those vocal runs they perform to be very easy at all. You have your opinion and I have mine. Neither one is the absolute truth.

Editing together multiple takes of the song doesn’t make it any less live. It was sung in that room using their voices. That’s live. And they executed it incredibly well.

As far as the shallow range of vocal notes, that's not opinion. The average song spans a little over an octave, and this song doesn't reach that. It's a low bar to reach, making it very easy to sing. Which is good because usually they are given songs way too complex for their abilities. The vocal runs are just a couple notes and nothing complex, especially in such a shallow range. If the vocal runs are hard for you, that's about you.

Editing many takes together is very similar to how songs are made. It removes any of the failed vocals that likely occurred(otherwise why even have the extra takes). "Live" would depend on the definition. Considering it's not one-take, has some obvious after-the-fact tuning, I would say "live" is a stretch. You wouldn't go to a concert and be able to see such a performance because you would have to see them do the same thing many times and then wait for the finished product afterwards. I would hardly call that live. As far as their execution, some of the small runs were poorly executed, but of course with the multiple takes you can get rid of the worst things. The point is that it's misleading to call it a live due to all of these factors.

Good thing that nothing you said was the absolute truth then. Just your opinion.

Based on the range of notes present, it is a lot less difficult than any other girl group song in recent history. It doesn’t even span an octave. So yes, objectively it’s a very easy song.

The use of production/processing can be seen by the editing together of different takes in the video. Others have pointed this out. As far as other production things, that takes a more keen ear.