What is up with Lalisa's Gaon update???

• Noticed that too. Rose's album still moving 5k this month even though it came out six months before Lisa's.

And look at this huge discrepancy, how is Hanteo like 50k MORE than Gaon? I've never seen this huge discrepancy ever.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I said it back in march update, Gaon seems to be having a mistake with the sales, this month the gold lp version should had appeared in the report since it moved over 5k, but it didn't. Although there is something shady with YG undershipping the girls albums in favour of the 15 versions of their bgs.

• This is just my observation..

I saw many stores still carrying Lalisa albums / stuff .. maybe thats the reason. They stocked up alot when it was released but YG released so many versions + special edition + photobooks within short span of time. So not many stores reorder..

I still see a lot of unsold Lisa merch around marketplace in my country (might no apply to other regions). For myself (as I bulk buy to get POBs), I still have many copies of Special Edition Photobook not sold yet. I guess Lisa stans are too broke after the series of releases (even more than Rosé)

• I said it back in march update, Gaon seems to be having a mistake with the sales, this month the gold lp version should had appeared in the report since it moved over 5k, but it didn't. Although there is something shady with YG undershipping the girls albums in favour of the 15 versions of their bgs.

This however should be reflected. Cause that gold LP has 3270 copies and should have charted

• This is just my observation..

I saw many stores still carrying Lalisa albums / stuff .. maybe thats the reason. They stocked up alot when it was released but YG released so many versions + special edition + photobooks within short span of time. So not many stores reorder..

I still see a lot of unsold Lisa merch around marketplace in my country (might no apply to other regions). For myself (as I bulk buy to get POBs), I still have many copies of Special Edition Photobook not sold yet. I guess Lisa stans are too broke after the series of releases (even more than Rosé)

What you described would mean Hanteo numbers would be noticeably LESS than Gaon (Albums shipped to stores but not selling and sitting on shelves).

That's not what's happening, the exact OPPOSITE is happening. Hanteo numbers are noticeably HIGHER than Gaon.

Sketchy as fuck.

• YG hates the fact Lisa will be the first solo million seller. No one can convince me otherwise.

So tired of this shit happening with her. YG should be happy to have the biggest K pop female in his company but alas...

• No comment on the Hanteo-gaon discrepancy but there's nothing wrong with albums selling in Hanteo but not in gaon. Gaon records shipments to shops while Hanteo records real time sales. This only means that these albums were shipped to the shops months ago (and already reported in gaon) but were only sold to actual customers this month (that's why they're only now reported in Hanteo).

• I understand some comments here, maybe it is indeed a shipment issue or maybe hanteo is just now reporting the real time sales of all the past shipments but I find it hard to believe every single bp album and R is moving somewhere but Lisa's gaon is just not at all for months.

• No comment on the Hanteo-gaon discrepancy but there's nothing wrong with albums selling in Hanteo but not in gaon. Gaon records shipments to shops while Hanteo records real time sales. This only means that these albums were shipped to the shops months ago (and already reported in gaon) but were only sold to actual customers this month (that's why they're only now reported in Hanteo).

How can you have more albums sold to customers than shipped to the stores to be sold to the customers?

• It's not odd at all if it's YGE that's distributing the Albums which is very likely.

YGE, SME and JYPE do not report any sales to GAON that they distribute, this was shown with NMIXX's first month sales where HANTEO reported around 60k more than GAON, but makes sense as those Albums were what was initially pre-sold as a Special even before the group had their name.

The main reason that Companies don't report sales to GAON is due to suspicion of sajaegi, so they use 3rd party Distributors that are registered to GAON.

Anyway, it's not usual for SME and YGE HANTEO albums to be very close or sometimes more than their GAON Sales, this is due to the companies gettin paid more if they distribute the albums themselves rather than using a 3rd party

• How can you have more albums sold to customers than shipped to the stores to be sold to the customers?

i don't really know how that happened and i don't want to throw around any accusations, but significantly higher hanteo numbers usually mean there was foul play from the company's side. i remember something similar happened with 4minute/Cube years ago (like a decade or more ago) where they had a significantly higher hanteo number and an investigation proved that cube did some buy-backs to push the numbers for music show wins and they admitted and apologised for it. but who knows, maybe there is really a glitch with Gaon?

anyway, i was only responding to the part about the album continuin to sell in hanteo and not in gaon, that's perfectly normal.

• Threads like these only end up with people assuming something fishy is going on.

Now supposedly.... You know what, let me not say anything

• Threads like these only end up with people assuming something fishy is going on.

Now supposedly.... You know what, let me not say anything

I don't see a problem with the thread, like is it really weird to point out about her gaon update. Anyways you can express your opinions as well.

• Gaon records shipments to shops while Hanteo records real time sales. This only means that these albums were shipped to the shops months ago (and already reported in gaon) but were only sold to actual customers this month (that's why they're only now reported in Hanteo).

which doesn’t make sense since her Hanteo numbers are higher than her gaon numbers

• I am not appreciating sajaegi implications here if someone is trying to even imply that or company manipulating, just fyi. Like we are talking about Lisa here please. I am still sticking to gaon not being transparent enough or having a glitch on Lalisa's updates.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!