Was Aespa ready for a stage like Coachella?

• no one would be dragging Aespa's performance at Coachella at least not to this extent if it wasn't for SM's mediaplay.

I guess it left a bad taste in people's mouths. I personally don't think they were terrible but they seem more annoyed at sm's tactics they literally set them up. I feel bad for the hate they are getting though it's not their fault.

• I get what you mean, but I think their stiffness comes from over-preparation. If they could just remember it's just Coachella, not Inkigayo or Music Bank, they would have had more fun with it and let loose, I think.

But with that said, they were able to enjoy it more as time went on during the performance, so that's a great thing! They did well considering all that.

It's just a matter of mindset. They have what it takes in skills, talent, and training. Nervousness isn't too much to worry about; it's something they'll get over with more experience.

Yup, that's a thing, they were too prepared for this as if everything should've been perfect and flawless

• People act like they were performing the world’s nation leaders.

It was a music festival. They had fun and killed it.

Those commenters need to relax and manage their expectations of Coachella.

~ ω

• The thing is sm songs in general are not for festivals, they are very choreo focused, specially their gg who don't perform that way

Like I see exo concert where some performances have this rave/edm festival kinda vibe but even those are bsides, so they never really direct their title tracks (the ones espa perform) to hype a crowd, it's more for the audience to experience the performance

• no one would be dragging Aespa's performance at Coachella at least not to this extent if it wasn't for SM's mediaplay.

I guess it left a bad taste in people's mouths. I personally don't think they were terrible but they seem more annoyed at sm's tactics they literally set them up. I feel bad for the hate they are getting though it's not their fault.

This. But also unreasonable people.

🆈🅴🅰🅷, 🅱🆁🆄🅲🅴 🅱🅴 🅿🆁🅾🆄🅳

🅸'🅼 🆆🅰🆃🅴🆁

🅼🅾🆅🅴🆂, 🆃🅷🅴🆈 🆂🆃🅰🅶🅶🅴🆁

🆆🅰🆃🆃🅰🅷!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think they criticize too harshly. :peperain: After all, they went to the festival to have fun. There is no audience that is as prejudiced towards Aespa as netizens, and most of those who come to the festival come to have fun. Koreans are sometimes too much strict and disciplined. They gave a solid performance. They were good for their first live audience performance, yes they were a bit excited but they will get over it in time.. :pepelove1: I wish they wouldn't make such malicious comments. I don't think there's anything more ridiculous than Ningning getting so much hate for her nationality. :pepe-cut:

• I think they criticize too harshly. :peperain: After all, they went to the festival to have fun. There is no audience that is as prejudiced towards Aespa as netizens, and most of those who come to the festival come to have fun. Koreans are sometimes too much strict and disciplined. They gave a solid performance. They were good for their first live audience performance, yes they were a bit excited but they will get over it in time.. :pepelove1: I wish they wouldn't make such malicious comments. I don't think there's anything more ridiculous than Ningning getting so much hate for her nationality. :pepe-cut:

the feelings are mutual though...large portions of the chinese population look down on koreans (and other non-chinese) while large portions of the korean population look down on the chinese (mainly due to past grievances and the chinese trying to take credit for many staples of Korean culture).

• Yes, they were great. I get some criticism because it's not just a festival stage by anyone but a group with big hype that all eyes are on them since debut to judge every move on any major stage. However, some people are obvious. aespa could pull up wings and fly to the sky at this point and they would say "meh". if Sojang and Sojang's subscribers praised aespa I would be worried.

lt64IYu.gif

• the comments are too harsh

I thought the girls sounded great singing live. When did ningning cracked?

And this comment

"One looked completely frozen in both body and face, two sounded like they were out of breath while their voices cracked, and another one pretty much sounded like she was shouting because she was too excited."

Winter, karina & ningning, and giselle??

Exactly.. since the start of announcement I already said these mediaplay move by SM will not be good for aespa. And see now aespa is being dragged left and right despite performing decently on coachella

• great vocals and good performance but the prob is the songs , don't get me wrong i like them and listen to em however you need time to adjust to the weird formula they've been using in their last comebacks . in comparison with bp , their songs are very hype and not tooo strict cheography wise which makes them very fitting for coachella type of stages not the same thing can be said about aespa's songs , if they preformed different songs just to hype the crowed . imo , it would have been even better . on the grand scheme of things the girls have the vocals and these negative fellas can hate on whatever they want except the talent these 4 girls OBVIOUSLY have . PERIOD :pepe-torch::pepe-firing:

• We have stooped so low as a community to even trust Sojang’s youtube comments section? Sojang? A plain any group’s anti that is just milking views to their youtube channel and basing their entire argument on trash? The same sojang bangtan members wanted to sue? A column section full of DCtrolls? Really? 🫠

• and if they go back to lipsyncing, they will criticize them anyways.

Damned if you do, and damned if you don't! :pepe-shame:

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

Moved the thread from forum Deadzone to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!